Christianity created western civilization

>Christianity created western civilization
Do people in your cunt actually believe this?

Who the fuck believes that? Never heard anyone say such things.

Are we pretending it's not true to fool the amerifats into spouting nonsense?

I wouldn't say that much but I think in general its believed that Christianity largely shaped Western civilization (along with many other movements). Usually it goes

Ancient Greece/Rome (earliest Western civilization, shaped Christianity)
Christianity (originally Greek Jews but later on got adopted by the Romans and made official religion of the Empire)
All the philosophies which came after (shaped by Christianity to one extent or another)

I honestly never thought about it before, but especially historically (pre-separation of Church and State), so much of everything was shaped by Christianity. Even post-Christian more secular philosophies grew out of a Christian society so I don't know.

I'd say

Christianity = Shaped European/American culture (post Colombus etc)
Islam = Shape West Asia and North Africa
Buddhism = Shape East Asia (SE Asia too but also Islam there)
Hindu = Shape India
Paganism = Shape more Southern Africa (mixed with Christianity aka syncretism)

Europeans created western civilization.
Christianity takes credit for everything done by a people with pagan roots.

everything should revert to pagan tribal chaos, the world will be much more interesting that way

Pretty sure no one says this. They mean that it was one of the pillars of the west's greatness

they created the one we know and live in, yes

Pagan is just an umbrella term that means "pre-Christian", by this logic everyone has "pagan roots".

Europe/"the West" is the furthest removed from its "pagan roots" though, you are looking at 1000-2000 years to paganism.

Would mind to praise Zeus desu
t. agnostic

Fuck no.

it didnt create western civilization but it did raise a good part of it, america pretty much wouldnt exist whitout the church for example

Wouldnt*

The only civilization that is western is GREEK PAGAN.

Christian civilization is being a slave to ckergy God appointed by yahwah abd feudal lords appointed by yahwah, I am utterly DISGUSTED by FILTHY Yahwahists.

Christianity had an extremely large role in the formation of european culture, just like the roman empire and local ethnic cultures. Whether or not it was the main ingredient that propelled europe to be the leading sphere or influence in the world is up for debate. However it's an objective fact that without Christianity europe as we know it would not exist, and something completely different would have formed.

Native european traditions shaped europe, christanity adopted 90% of its practices from european traditions since it was the only way it could stay relevant.

Technically it did because the Christian God willed everything

Then Western Civilization died a long time ago.

> christanity adopted 90% of its practices from european traditions since it was the only way it could stay relevant.
Insofar as Roman Catholicism and Protestantism (and certain types of Orthodox like Russian etc) are all forms of Christianity that were created by Europeans, sure, by that logic 100% of Christianity is European tradition and European traditions are mostly Christianity.

Certain non-Euro forms of Christianity also exist, like Thomas Christians in India, Chaldeans, some people in Lebanon, Ethiopians etc. But mostly Christianity and Europe are synonymous for most of non-ancient history, which kind of leads you back to where you started.

>Pagan Romans: ruled the West
>Cucktian Romans: LARPing Greeks
Gee. Maybe Christianity destroyed the best ever Western Empire.

No (at the time) pagan or Arian Germanic tribes did IIRC. (Arian was kind of a offshoot of Christianity that said Jesus was God's adopted son instead of his real son)

Zeus is cool. But how would he fare in a battle against Thor the almighty?

It did until the renaiscance, filthy yahwahist trash.

I don't care, believe what you want, Zeus is the true God and hesiod is his prophet.

well certainly wh*Toids didn't create shit

ITT: people who have never opened a history book.

Renaissance was mostly Christians, nobody converted to Greek paganism though sometimes they used Greek pagan theme/styles in artworks along with Christian themes. Thats like saying Thomas Aquinas is a Greek pagan.

What is there is Brazilian or African history, macaco?
Stay quiet and learn Yaruba.

What amazes me is how anyone can believe Christianity with such certainty. How do these people know of hell, some kingdom of God or any of that shit? It just looks like people are hopeless and Christianity is a way of coping with the harsh unfair reality. They feel like life against them has been unjust so they want to believe that some foreign entity will reward them and punish those who have harmed them. Christianity is just pure cope.
But people eat it right up and believe it with such passion. It's really amazing how people can believe something they they have not a single shred of proof of.

Since you're posting in this thread, it also applies to you, and therefore your argument is invalid.

Are you seriously arguing with a guy who claims nothing that happened between ancient greece and renaissance counts as "european"?

THIS Sober and well written post

Can you write a coherent sentence, please?

Worshiping a book and worshiping clergy is no civilized fulthy yahwahist vermin.

Both eat shit compared to Perun

>something they they have not a single shred of proof of.
The belief in science is just as stupid as the belief in Christianity.

Good for you, in time all Europe will worship Zeus as the true God and Hesiod as his prophet.

the western cultural group is a product of Christianity.

Prior it, celtics, finno ugrics, gemanics and slavs had radically different cultures.

this

What does belief in science even mean?
For example, I can conduct an experiment and find the conductivity of certain material. Then I will know whether that material is conductive or not and use it to build something.
What is belief in Christianity? That when I die I will go to heaven or hell? How does anyone know about this? Has anyone visited heaven or hell?

>Judeo-Christian world

christianity spread it to the barbarian peoples of central and eastern europe without millitary conquest like the romans did to conquered tribes.

That's quote is factually incorrect.

Europeans spread it to northern Europe. Germanics were being assimikated to Greco Roman before Christianity did so in 1000CE.

Take your medicine.

Thanks lad appreciate it.

European identity emerged directly from the idea of Christendom you mongoloids. The borders of Europe are all between Muslim/Christian states.

300-1500 Europe was stagnqnt and its mind shut oppressed ny Yahwahist vermin.

>Amerilard propaganda.

>borders of Europe
Please enlighten me of these borders
If so then are countries like Armenia, Georgia "European" while Muslim Balkanites like Albanians are non European?

>The borders of Europe are all between Muslim/Christian states
This is factually incorrect

only the germanic tribes which were successfully conquered by rome in frontier land(most werent because rome evacuated germania after losing the battle of teutoberg),
and the romanized germanics ended getting shoah'd by the migration of germanic tribes into their territories following the hunnic invasion

Most European Christians are essentially Germanic Heathens with some Biblical mythology and reinterpretations forced in.

Fuck iff Yahwahist Europe was united for 1000 years before christianity.

All Europe spoke latin and still speaks latin had ROMAN religion, and werw ROMAN citizens.

cuckoo
cuckoo
cuckoo

Yeah its not like rome or anything.

>all of europe spoke latin

im actually worried about the state of american education/getting your history from varg

Spain, Greece and Russia are all Christian and the natural borders of Europe. Constantinople was considered Europe when under Greek control and now that it's Turkish it's no longer European.

>What does belief in science even mean?
The belief that the only fact is science and you're not taking any other philosophy into consideration.

>For example, I can conduct an experiment and find the conductivity of certain material. Then I will know whether that material is conductive or not and use it to build something.
I didn't say that science is wrong. I said that those who believe blindly in science is fucking stupid.

>What is belief in Christianity? That when I die I will go to heaven or hell? How does anyone know about this?
Those who describe themself as christians.

>Has anyone visited heaven or hell?
Heaven and hell is clearly a metaphor to something else, but you're too stupid to understand.
Why are amerimutts so stupid Sup Forums?

Retard, all Balkans used to be latin like Ronania opror to slavs fucking up Greco Roman spread in 700CE.

Had rome never fallen you'd all be complaining like faggots about ODINISM IS THE TRUE RELIGION OF THE HWHITE MAN. But Im pretty sure youre trolling so 6/10

Christianity is not European, does not define European, did not create anything, is not true and all Yahwahists are trash.

Fug, let me rephrase that. Had rome stayed grec-roman pagan you'd be complaining that odinism is the h'white man's religion.

Stupid macaco.

user you will never personally test or even observe the vast majority of scientific proofs. You are taking most of it on faith in peer review, publisher integrity and "consensus". All of which have been proven unreliable in the past when certain corporate interests were involved.

Greek religion is white retarded macaco, and is part of same religious tree as odin.

exactly

*whuffling sounds*

*(whuffling is when a crazy person puts their finger to their lips and wags it up and down furiously)

>The belief that the only fact is science and you're not taking any other philosophy into consideration.
Science has facts just as it has theories. I can't believe in every scientific theory out there in the world. that would be impossible because some scientific theories contradict each other. But unlike Christianity science does have facts behind it, facts that disprove many Christian beliefs. For example some Christians believe that the earth is 6,000 years old, but we know this to be false with data.
>Heaven and hell is clearly a metaphor to something else
Enlighten me about what heaven and hell are a metaphor for
You are right, I can't do every single experiment in the world to see if anything that scientists say is real. That would be impossible. But I sure as fuck have more reason to believe in scientific studies rather than some desert religion.

Yahwahist scuk on suicide watch.

ZEUS IS THE GREATEST ZEUS IS THE GREATEST ZEUS IS THE GREATEST
Zeus is God and Hesiod is his prophet.

Zeus is the true God and all other Gods are false.

>*sounds of sucking on Levantine cock*

You believe in Yahwahism and Torah as holy, correct?
Have you seen the originals of these supposed holy texts?

>varg

>1000 years before Christianity
>100 AD
>American education

Burn all false Yahwahists trash texts, replace it with the true Theogony.

Don't forget that his personal hatred of Greece and Cyprus stems from his whore mother traveling to Cyprus to get railed.

>I sure as fuck have more reason to believe in scientific studies rather than some desert religion.
Sure yeah - I'm not advocating for Christianity. It's just that modern, full-on reactionary atheism typically throws the baby out with the bath water in a spiritual sense. There is no scientific explanation for consciousness or the nature of reality in general, at least outside of how it works and reacts. So the best one can do scientifically is shrug.

Religions offer a good framework for existential questions because they've been mulled over by so many people for such a long time. They're also quite interesting culturally and tend to have hopeful outlooks (which I'll admit many latch onto in order to cope, like you say).

I am not an atheist, I never said I was. Anyone that can say there is no God with 100% certainty is an idiot just as the person saying there is a God with 100% certainty is. There are lots of interesting theories on why there must be a God, maybe God exists but he's just not our idea of a God, I do not know. But to pick one religion out of many and say that your religion is the one TRUE God and you just know he exists, and every other religion in the world has a fake God, I'm sorry but I can't imagine why any rational human being will think like that.
Pretty much every Christian I know laughs at me when i say I am agnostic, but I just try to be reasonable.

>Science has facts just as it has theories. I can't believe in every scientific theory out there in the world. that would be impossible because some scientific theories contradict each other. But unlike Christianity science does have facts behind it, facts that disprove many Christian beliefs. For example some Christians believe that the earth is 6,000 years old, but we know this to be false with data.
Science has theories and facts, but science in itself is extremely materialist and that's why science is so dumb. If you look at science from a philosophical standpoint, you would see that science is not wrong, it just lacks so much important info.

>Enlighten me about what heaven and hell are a metaphor for
Hell - a dimension with a lower vibrational frequency
Heaven - a dimension with a highter vibrational frequency
Pretty sure it was easier to understand the original texts of the bible when it was first written down.
If I'm not wrong, hell is one of the lowest frequencies in the 4th dimention.

>Science has theories and facts, but science in itself is extremely materialist and that's why science is so dumb. If you look at science from a philosophical standpoint, you would see that science is not wrong, it just lacks so much important info.
Believe me I know there is so much that science has no fucking clue about and possible never will, like the origin of the universe, which is why I will never dismiss the idea that God exists. It is possible that a God created our universe, but I doubt we have any fucking clue what he is, what we do know is that he certainly didn't create our planet or life just.
>Hell - a dimension with a lower vibrational frequency
>Heaven - a dimension with a highter vibrational frequency
Where did you learn this and what is the reasoning behind it? I would like to know because I've never heard of anything like this.
And that's just another theory as well, I sure as hell haven't died and traveled to the 4th dimension.

>Where did you learn this and what is the reasoning behind it? I would like to know because I've never heard of anything like this.
Hermeticism and /fringe/ on eightchan, but only if you're really interested. If you want a place to start, read the Kybalion.

>And that's just another theory as well, I sure as hell haven't died and traveled to the 4th dimension.
You are in the 4th dimention, just not in "hell".

I might be wrong on something because I tried to explain it with as few words as possible.

I will read that book once I get a chance
>You are in the 4th dimention, just not in "hell".
What do you mean? Isn't the 4th dimension where you can see the past, the future all at once? I always thought our world is in the 3rd dimension.

He does speak French and they make money off his music and their books.

As for the murder, it's more complicated than Antifa propaganda claims. His explanation is somewhat correlated by other members of the black metal scene and the Norwegian government wanted to make an example out of him because of the church burnings.

I share your opinions there but I think you're underestimating the depths of the various theologies. There's also the social aspect to religion which in my opinion is the driving force for most people, or at least used to be when active religion was more widespread.

>What do you mean? Isn't the 4th dimension where you can see the past, the future all at once?
No. Our dimention has one axis up, one forward, one sideways and one axis that is time. The 5th dimention has what you're talking about I think. I have not read so much about dimentions, so don't take my word for it.

I am "underestimating" it because I have not seen any explanation from any Christian as to why they believe the things they believe. Like I said, there are many interesting theories on why there must be some creator such as a God, but most Christians don't even know or care about that. They just believe.

>American flag
every time

>His explanation is somewhat correlated by other members of the black metal scene

nah

I was just thinking and thought of this while trying to piece some things together.
So say when we die we go to a higher dimension, where we can see the past and future all at once, and there is no present. The same way that it is believed that when we die we go to heaven or hell and we stay there for eternity.
Wouldn't going to a place where there is no past and no future and you can see everything all at once, feel like eternity? Maybe the idea of going to a place that is eternal is the idea of going to a higher dimension.

Nah man you're underestimating it because you haven't read any academic theology. The semetic religions have hundreds of years worth of scholarly writings, and what survives from the various pagan religions dates back thousands (Greek philosophy can be included here IMO).

>most Christians don't even know or care about that. They just believe.
Most people tend not to question societal truths like that unless they've been prompted desu. It isn't just religion.

It was one lamp man.

>I was just thinking and thought of this while trying to piece some things together.
>So say when we die we go to a higher dimension, where we can see the past and future all at once, and there is no present. The same way that it is believed that when we die we go to heaven or hell and we stay there for eternity.
>Wouldn't going to a place where there is no past and no future and you can see everything all at once, feel like eternity? Maybe the idea of going to a place that is eternal is the idea of going to a higher dimension.
I have not read so much about time and dimensions, but what we want to do is to be united with God, because we and everything around us are God. A good understanding of philosophy will help you get up in the dimensions. Above the Dimentions there are the source or God if you want.

Explained very quickly.

Well I looked at the book suggested by this poster and I am gonna read it over the Christmas break.
What pther academics do you suggest that I read?

>all these heretics