What is your favorite movie of the 2010's so far?

What is your favorite movie of the 2010's so far?

Joe Dirt 2.

Underrated masterpiece.

Manchester by the Sea
Gone Girl
Wolf of Wall Street
Black Swan/Whiplash
Straigh Outta Compton/La Vie d'Adele

Drive Angry

Surprisingly, nothing has come close to this. It hits me hard every time.

"The election" and "L' ambassadeur"

Mad Max Fury Road

That one, Spring Breakers, and Batman V Superman.

I loved it. Fight me.

>whiplash

my nigga. shit was so god damn intense those last 30 minutes

Loved it too, don't know why so much hate on that film

I know, I just felt like that movie took too many important things from Black Swan. I mean, change the ballet for the jazz and the plot is the same, just that in one the madness is more obvious and in the other the main pressure comes from the teacher. There's also the "I have an opponent wich I don't know what to do with" in one and "I have family issues and I'm a complete socially awkward guy".

And of course, the ending isn't different.
Loved both

is* different

Batman v Superman

Shin Godzilla
Drive
Nightcrawler
Django Unchained
Elite Squad: The Enemy Within
All The Way

Cabin in the Woods

True Kino

Only true patricians recognize its genius.

There's been a Tarantino backlash ever since Inglorious Basterds. I don't understand it either.

That one is kinda new, or am I confused?

Probably people just think "Tarantino is a bit overrated [wich I agree] so let's throw a pile of shit over his always-wanted-to-do westerns"

If you can look past the buzzword to what it means, Tarantino really is a meme director at this point. His gimmick feels played out to the point where it's lost the charm.

The first example I can think of from the hateful 8 is the whole scene where samuel l jackson makes that guy suck his dick.

Universal Soldier Day Of Reckoning

My man. May be the most underrated movie of all time. Haunted me for weeks after.

Amazing compelling film

THIS ARE THE ONLY REALLY VALID ANSWERS IN THE THREAD SO FAR

"once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. live and die on this day. live and die on this day.."

Liam's character looking through the wallets, the alpha approaching him, him muttering these words right before the two go toe to toe gave me chills. it truly left me tormented

Sadly it was badly marketed and poorly understood. People thought it was an action movie.

hateful eight was so good. tarantino just takes his time and lets it simmer. also was consistently hilarious

lol