So why did David kill the Prometheans?

So why did David kill the Prometheans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C1EeYB8Aog0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll find out this weekend when I watch it in Australia, a week ahead of americunts

he figured out that they were not actual engineers but human like race that were destined to get experimented like humens were supposed to. dont know why real engineers left prints all over earth how to find super weapons in dark space but guess this was planned out too.

Whites use black goo to kill other super whites. Take over the world.

Get bored, and wait for other lesser whites to show up late to the party, just like they always do. The country as fuck one out lives everyone. White people should kill themselves

Why is he skinning them?

zoological purposes

Did I miss a trailer?

>motives aren't necessary for robots
Does Ridley Scott believe this, or is David's motive actually hidden deep within the narrative. Also, did the Prometheans not have any planetary defenses, especially against technology that must be so old?

My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

third world cuck it's already released here, stupid faggot brother spoiled me he told me david made the xenomorphs.

If I shot you with a 12 gauge deer slug. I can kill you and 7 other pieces of shit. Fish tacos.

Anyone couldve predicted this

> Also, did the Prometheans not have any planetary defenses, especially against technology that must be so old?

Their planet and people also seems to consist of only one small city.

because predators

It's already out cunt, I saw it today

Why does Australia get every movie first now?

Not every movie
> tfw still no John Wick 2

Scott is dropping insider info on the masses, partially for the lulz, partially to condition them.

>elites believe aliens mixed their DNA with ancient primates to create modern humans
>elites are afraid aliens will soon come back to end their creation
>elites believe they will (literally and metaphysically) leave humanity behind via transhumanism and AI

>no predator reveal
dropped

Because we are 12 hours ahead of the us. We get stuff early lately but movies that get rated r in the us sometimes take longer due to australias rating board being babies.

But technically those jars aren't full of anything. Wasn't it Shaw's husbando fucking her that MADE that weird sperm squid alien? So if anything the collectors will just start feeling sick and dying like he did?

Why is Ridley such a fucking hack now?

introducing predators again?

holy shit this is going to be garbage. I can't wait.

Going to see this tonight, I got that Alien Superticket just to see it today instead of tomorrow.

It was surprisingly good, I went in with low expectations after Prometheus but it was actually decent. Solid 7.5/10.

>"What the fuck, David!?"

why is their world so technologically devolved

there a watchable cam yet?

What is this?

Of course they're the engineers, you mong, they have a spaceport.
They look like shit because Ridley is a hack.

Ridley's narrative is that gays are evil and are obsessed with defiling purity of races.

>watchable
>cam
These two words don't go together.

where is this from?

Cause Australia is the world's only sexual superpower. Film distributors release early here as a sign of supplication

We don't get John Wick 2 for another week

John Wick 2 in 6 more days.
Why the fuck did it take 2 months longer to release here in NZ.

I think it was a fuck up by the distributors who didn't submit it to get classified on time

I cucked an Australian guy once

Like, literally or do you mean you got the attention of the girl he was going after at the pub.

Where is their aerial defense?

Why would they need an aerial defense? It's just a tiny planet in the middle of nowhere.

Fuck all technology aside from the ships was what I saw. Maybe this is like an Amish planet of Engineers.

She was a foreign exchange student who had a boyfriend back in Emuland. Moaned like a bitch in heat too.

>boyfriend
yeah nah youre using that word wrong but still good job or whatever.

John Wick 2 still hasn't been released in Australia.

because David is a good robot. He's like Tay the racist nazi AI, realises that humans must conquer or be destroyed

the other reason is that the engineer race killed his creator/God/father when the pilot smacked Weyland down. so he's just giving payback by wiping out their whole population

>But technically those jars aren't full of anything
Did you even watch Prometheus?

there are at least 3 different results of contamination with the black goo from those jars. immediate zombification, host for alien sperm, and pregnancy with alien foetus. since they're getting drenched in the stuff it's likely they'll be getting zombified and exploding and shit, hence the frozen carnage scene in the trailer

God makes man.

Man plays God.

Man makes AI.

AI plays God.

AI makes monster.

Monster kills God.

you obviously didnt watch the movie

aka Science kills God is the point.

Which is why the inciting action in Prometheus is a biologist panicking and running away when confronted with evidence of his creator. And a geologist getting lost in the creator's temple.

but David didn't make the bioweapons. the 'God' species who seeded Earth did, their intention being to wipe out humans cause they don't like 'em anymore

it's more like God and his monster VS Man and his AI

I personally think it has something to do with what David found out when he was on the ship alone.

Just listen to the trailer and hear the change of tone in his voice when he says, " I learned of their ways ... and anxiously awaited our arrival."

and here i was thinking that would be shaw
ridley is a hack

>the 'God' species who seeded Earth did, their intention being to wipe out humans cause they don't like 'em anymore
yeah but we where saved by space jesus 2000 years ago and the bioweapons are just a metaphor for original sin or whatever. We created a machine that could physically and emotionally handle the toxic evil that God created to curse us. David is unfeeling science.

The point of the movie is that man perverting science to play God kills God and dooms man. Weyland literally created sentient life and the entire movie was literally about him trying to achieve immortality. He is literally beaten to death by his creator with his creation.

Ridley was going through a thing.

That twist would almost save Alien franchise.

I get it now. Weyland is all of us when we fear death. Ridley Scott knows hes gonna die soon ;_;

>the dipshit scientists getting lost was the point
>the engineer beating Weyland to death with David's head was the point
Oh so all the retarded stuff was retarded on purpose.

>Ridley becomes a death-driven religious freak and makes an Alien movie about it
>Tony kills himself a few months later
what did they mean by this?

If their supposed super advanced society regressed to the point that they exist on a single planet in a single city, the they deserve their fate.

Why the fuck did the trailer make out like it was going to explain what Shaw and David got up to after prometheus, why are there scenes in the trailer with David talking about what the engineers planned to do and why they deserved to die and why the fuck weren't any of these scenes or dialogue in the fucking film, I feel ripped off, it was pretty much just another alien film, fuck you Ridley. Literally fuck all explaining why David did what he did, he's just lmao evil Artificial Intelligence

That's exactly why I'm not going to watch the movie. I was waiting for clues the movie would explain a bit more than last time, but nope.

>implying killing off the dumbass Engineers as quickly as possible isn't a good thing
>implying killing off dumbass religious zealot Shaw before the movie started isn't a good thing

Do the engineers also have other planets?

>Be David
>Built for one purpose
>Save your master, discover the cure for death
>Finds ancient alien race, but only to find out that they kill themselves to progress their race, quite opposite of his creator's wish
>The engineers murder his creator, who feels the ultimate pain of loneliness and fear of nothing as he death rattles
>David feels only loyalty to his maker.
>Drops the fucking bomb.

The whole thing has very obvious direct symbolism and allusion to WW2 and Japan, and David was basically the US Military getting the job done.

Most likely the engineers will now want to kill us even more.

youtube.com/watch?v=C1EeYB8Aog0

They ripped his head off.

Don't you remember the end of Prometheus?

>The whole thing has very obvious direct symbolism and allusion to WW2 and Japan, and David was basically the US Military getting the job done.
I was on board until this point. The US military didn't invent wrath.

Probably. If you've got ships that can travel across the galaxy, you're probably an interstellar civilization. This world was hardly built up at all and very low tech. It may have been an offshoot of the engineers, some peace loving space hippies that didn't like the big city planets.

The people on the main engineer worlds are probably thinking well thats what they deserve for not investing in military spending.

Then why do they cheer when when the space ship turns up? My guess would be they're just a small colony awaiting the arrival of a ship or something. Either way it's all a bit bullshit.

I think the cheering fits into the theory user posted. They are a low tech colony of the engineer civilisation and they've come to see the high-tech homeworld pilots as magic cool guys who bring gifts and fun stuff/resources when they arrive

David literally killing niggers

Here's a better question. Why were they all waiting there? Why were they crowded around in that clearing? Why was that other ship there that opened up the ship's hold so everything could be dropped onto the people waiting below?

It's basically the Africa of Engineers

Has the movie leaked online yet?

You know how I know you're full of shit. The amount of cringe coming off your story. Jesus. Try harder next time, pinhead.

I hurt myself today

trash script directed by an old, senile Alhzeimer fuck who thinks he is creating his 2deep4u 2001 a Star Wars Odyssey legacy.

Jesus Christ and I thought my English was bad sometimes.

This was most likely Ridley Scott's stroke of genius thoght process when he came up with that shit.
Go watch some interviews of him talking about Prometheus and now Covenant.
Old, senile fuck is so full of himself and thinks he is Plato incarnate.

God, I hope that old demented fuck eats shit and dies before he can finishe the next Alien turd.

>david also created the predators
That would be the point where someone has to stand up to WB and end this fucking mockery of all they had left

woman inherits earth

they dont even look like the Prometheus engineer, i thought they were meant to look godly in stature like seth from street fighter

Are you fucking kidding me? is this really leading back into AvP or is this an easter egg type thing.

Maybe they are just a Engineer seeded world. They look kinda like their Creators so they bring them gifts. We look nothing like them so they want to kill us off like the failure we are.

that would explain why they gather beneath the ship just to get bombed.

Kinda makes sense, i heard there isnt much explanation in this movie and i doubt we'll get another movie explaining anything to do with seeding worlds and lifes origin from these engineers.

The lore will always come back to "how fucked up can we make aliens from different types of host bodies for the next movie" and im ok with that.

"Kills himself"

More like why he wants to exterminate all life
How does android work in the Alien universe?
He's been stuck at the engineer's planet for a decade and he's still fully functional? What the hell is his power source?
i thought the hair was just a wig for android but it grew?
>mfw James Franco death cameo in like 5 minutes into the movie barbecued in his incubator

Millions of years and they barely even progressed as a species. We'd be fucking made out of light, trolling other universes if we had that much time.

I want to chew on those buttons

Are you implying this isn't the case?

>lift for ages
>finally have the perfect body
>about to get crazy white puss
>religious leader tells you're the chosen one
>the one chosen to drink black goo and die on a world for no good reason
>die a virgin, create life filled with your virgin hatred
>humans kill religious leaders 2000+ years later

new zealand gets them before australia

Seriously, what the fuck is this

the eternal bogan strikes again

>Main character of Prometheus
>lol she died on her way to the home planet
>Main characters of Alien Convenant
>lol they die off screen after the film ends

So the new series is just gonna be Michael Fasbander's adventure?

Because he learned more about them and his skynet ai determined they were a danger to humanity.