Will there ever be a really good successful game movie?

Will there ever be a really good successful game movie?

pixels

They're already is

Successful? probably not.

But desu I really liked Warcraft

there could be, but not in the way it's being done at the moment
every attempt is made off an already successful game
what they should be doing is using a game with an original setting and story that slipped through the cracks due to whatever reason (poor marketing/gameplay) and creating a good story within that world instead of hoping for fanboys to just see it because they played the game

Slant-eye gook nigger zipperhead detected.

me too my man

Warcraft was successful.

The real question is:

>Why would anyone watch a film about an obscure vidya franchise, if they never played the game?

Super Mario Brothers

True kino.

>Will there ever be a really good successful game movie?

Well, I would put my money on The Witcher, if put in right hands, now, this is a huge IF,
as it is,state of industry would probably find a way to ruin it.

Goldeneye.

Yeah it was good,people just have sand in their vagina's

Also angry birds movie was fun, it was propaganda, but it was fun

But even movies made from obscure comic book IPs are made not because the premise is good but because of market recognition and maybe a false sense in the public that it IS a good promise and that's why they're making the movie (maybe? Fuck??)

Most video games are cool premises because they're high concept, which audiences don't seem to appreciate proportionally to the cost of filming those concepts.
So adapting an obscure game IP is just a couple of extra licensing hurdles that have to be jumped before you can make a movie people probably won't see.

Minecraft movie

yes.
we already have good movie games, it doesn't take much to reverse it.

Rewatched it yesterday. It's good, much better than the normie hivemind thinks.

I guess we'll never see a second one though. Is there any hope?

at blizzcon in november they pretty much ignored it, so i think the answer is no.

kek

If I wasn't such an autistic fuck with the WoW lore I would have really enjoyed it but all the changes they made triggered me.

it did well in China though.

not enough, apparently.
Well, i really want a sequel.
And i'm ok in paying for an even worse warcraft 2 movie is that means we will have really good w3 movieS.

>commercial success = quality
kys yourself

Original Silent Hill

Five nights at Freddie's could make a decent horror flick.

Morrowind could make a great HBO-style show, as could Oblivion if they made Cyrodill less New Zealand-ey.

You could probably cobble a pretty great sci-fi trilogy out of the original Halo games.

Bioshock could make a good horror film, as could Dead Space.

:) did you notice the narrative they were trying to push in it? hahah its so ham fisted these days but the poz must go on !