Can the Russos save him?

Can the Russos save him?
Seeing Spidey, Vision and Ant-Man kick ass and steal shows. A certain God of Thunder needs to be given the presence he deserves

No, the Russos are good with more human-centric, grounded conflicts. Thor needs someone who can deal with the fantastic and create a narrative that feels epic or somewhat grand in scale.

There was nothing critically wrong with Thor or his films. He and his medieval fantasy world just can't do much that other medieval fantasy stories haven't already done before.

What could someone do to him that'll make him stand above the Avengers?
Seeing Thor 2 again it felt like his hammer was made of a sponge. Every blow he gave felt like it didn't nothing to the bad guys

The problem with Thor 2 is exactly that they didn't create an epic narrative. You have this leader of the dark elves, who ushered in a great war against the Asgardians and fuck the rest of the universe. You have an infinity gem. You have giant space ships and a fantastic world.

Where do you have the final fight? In fucking England between generic buildings.

its hard when most the Avengers are just regular or slightly enhanced people. you cant really have him going around lifting mountains

Those longboats, the funeral and the teleporting fight was cool.
Kruse made Thor look like the biggest jobber in the MCU. His Hammer had no impact, his lightning didn't feel like lighting, and he has almost no fighting style. He just stands around swinging around the hammer leaving his body open as hell.
You'd think a guy fighting for 5000 years would master some sort of style

It's a problem of tone and characterization. Thor 2 was clearly going for a Doctor Who style young adult science fiction adventure/romance kind of thing. It's a bad take on the character all around

>he has almost no fighting style. He just stands around swinging around the hammer leaving his body open as hell

Well, being nearly immortal, what does he need a style for?

He got fucked by a tiny knife and some boulders.
He can take a beating, Ultron punched his face for a good 10 minutes. But he's not so good at delivering it.
Not saying we should go MoS levels of power but we could atleast approach it.
I'm still unsure about how strong he's suppose to be. Everyone in the MCU can lift cars

No, they need to ground Thor with "human" conflict while he does grand outer space stuff.

The problem with the characterisation in BvS was Snyder was approaching Superman as a God, and it made him unlikable and boring.

I think him being like a drunken brawler with a hammer next to all these magical-wingshu-robot-gunners is what makes him unique and fun. And he could wrestle with goddamn Hulk.

No Robot Thor

Not saying he should do Kung Fu with a hammer. I just think he should up his game in the unarmed department.
His lightning could also use a buff. I feel like Iron Man's blasts are better.

Also we need more armored arms, helmet and glorious hair. His hair always looks like he got out of the shower

Agreed, he needs a good fight scene without the hammer, and against someone without an elaborate costume like Kurse or as big as the Hulk. It needs to be someone his own size, so they don't need a ton of CGI, and they need to have actual feats of strength. Imagine if they added Executioner, and as part of the climatic battle they agreed to not use their weapons. Imagine Thor grabbing a tank by the barrel and hitting Skurge with it, flattening him to the ground, then swinging it like a bat and smashing him through some huge alien monument, only for Skurge to stomp the ground, levering up a huge slab of rock and flipping Thor towards him so he can punch him in the face. And halfway through the fight Skurge tries to cheat and use the axe by surprise, so Thor calls the hammer. The axe is covered in flames, the hammer is spitting lighting everywhere, and the crash together causing a huge shock wave that topples the damaged monument. Thor sees it falling, flies under it and catches it before it lands on some hapless mortals, and without a single God damn quip he pushes it back the other way to land on Skurge.

They also need to let Thor visit other planets. And not other Nine Realms, I mean alien worlds like we saw in GotG, so locals can react to seeing an actual Asgardian, a race of immensely powerful near-immortals that could easily flatten their pantry empires should they choose to, but not thought to be myths or fiction like people did on Earth. They know Asgard is real, but know almost nothing about it. THAT is what needs to happen in Ragnarok. God damn mother fucking MAGIC SPACE GODS.

to be honest i think the only way they can do Thor today is to separate him from avengers,

make his final movie with thor god of thunder and have his brother Loki as a available villain if needed

He and his medieval fantasy world were too preoccupied with Jane's merrily mundane humans to do anything other medieval fantasy stories have ever done

i just started with the mcu so ive only seen phase one (iron man, the incedible hulk, iron man 2, thor, captain america : the first avenger, and the avengers) so i havent gotten up to this guy yet . should i get hype for this or is it disapointing (i like it so far)

go back to Sup Forums

Do the god-butcher story

i tried it but i dont like they dont like anything i think they want to be cool or something but it just makes me tired

>a character has to be "hooman" to be interesting
>an all mighty god is not interesting
how to pleb 101

Then Russos should feel just fine doing last movie in Jane Foster's Thor Trilogy.

>Then Russos should feel just fine doing last movie in Jane Foster's Thor Trilogy.
You know, I never liked Jane foster. She is suppose to be some genius scientist, fine, but it just seems there is no chemistry with Thor. The only thing I feel about her relationship with him is that he is a big muscular powerful guy, and that's all she sees in him. A trophy husband. He doesn't need her, and she doesn't need him. They probably fucked a lot, but I couldn't see them "together" the same way Pepper was with Toy Stark. Foster literally left in AoU because she has nothing to do with Thor other than being sexually attracted to him.

Getting her stuck sick and dying in Thor 2 just makes her even less relevant, as she was barely able to play a part in the film at all except as a plot device. I came out of Thor 2 wondering why Jane Foster is even his love interest. They should have pushed her scientist angle more and have her develop the dimensional warping device. We need her to have something to link her to Thor other than sex.

Pepper is Tony's employee and babysitter. Betty is the daughter of Ross who was hunting Bruce Banner. These two are love interests and not superheroes, but they have a role to play.

Jane Foster DID have a role to play in Thor 1, when she was predicting that dimentional travel was possible. But her science role was dropped in Thor 2 and that was a grave mistake. And now it seems, they are dropping her entirely for Thor3, which is might as well. I rather her not return at all if she was going to be useless on screen.

Apparently his new love interest is Brunhilde, who'll be black. So he'll COLONIZE dat ass.

>brunhilde
>black
ew

Yeah I hope his next movie is good because being a thorfag is depressing. From the leaks thread that had been posted like a few days before, his new movie seems based and "dark" but we know what happened with AoU...