Zangief

>Zangief
>Bad guy

He was in sf2 because of the whole ussr thing, dumbie

>implying i am bad guy just because i am badguy

Zangief at the time was a "badguy" as a proud Soviet who was difficult to fight for your average arcade-goer, but he was clearly not a "bad guy" as a good, kindhearted person.

will there be a sequel?

That does not mean he is "bad guy".

He was put in there because, I think it was the director(?), said that he always had a tough time beating him in SF2

That's really autistic

No he wasn't
Only in that cheesy movie, so I bet they haven't even played the game

he is a fucking communist

no user, he isn't a bad guy he is a "bad guy"

there is a difference.

No. Autism is your butthurt over it. Zangief was great

Zangief isn't bad you stupid americans!!!

He put man's faces between thighs so they can inhale his balls.

he was in Street Fighter 2 V

>However, when most Street Fighter fans saw that Zangief was a member alongside the series’ lead villain, Bison, many cried foul over Zangief’s “evil” status. And the film’s creators noticed.

>We discussed the the situation with screenwriter Phil Johnson, and he says you can lay the blame of Zangief’s villainy on him. “That’s all my fault. I played a lot of Street Fighter as a young man and Zangief tormented me so much that I don’t care what anybody says, he was bad to me.” That’s a sentiment we’re sure some SFII players can understand, though we still think of Zangief as more of a violent goof than a intentionally evil guy.

tl;dr

>My headcanon>official canon

that guy is 100% autistic

What a casual

Isn't that exactly what he's saying?

Zangief is literally the worst in SF2 what the fuck?????

What an autist. Zangief has repeatedly been represented as a hero among other wrestlers in the game. He's fucking idolised.

It's like saying that Gagarin was a bad guy because he worked for USSR

>I had a problem with Dhalsim, for me he was a bad guy
>I had a problem with Chun-Li for me she was a bad guy

>That's a sentiment we're sure some SFII players can understand

No because no matter how salty they are, they weren't given the same choice you were, so inevitably they're going to think "what the hell did they do to the canon?", not "wow the guy that made this must have lost a lot against zangief in particular which is a pretty common reason for changing character outta nowhere"

Even if they were to think that in the first place they'd still think it's retarded unless they were like 8 or something

>being this much worked-up over a cameo character

I'm not worked up about it, I liked the scene. His excuse is still autistic though.

And who cares

doesn't gief only get like 10 secs of screentime

It shows that Pixar is incompetent shit

>Wreck-It Ralph
>Pixar

No he wasn't, 'Gief was a straight-up, legitimate good guy, actually fighting to rid his country of a criminal organization bringing suffering to his countymen.
He's arguably Street Fighter 2's most heroic character! Most of the cast's really just morally neutral, Ryu's just improving himself, Ken's in it for his rivalry with Ryu, Blanka's exploring, Dhalsim wants his son to be proud of him, Honda wants the sport he's dedicated his life to to be respected abroad, Guile & Chun-Li want revenge, which is usually a moral grey area.
But Gief's just about the only person fighting to

while I think grouping him with the bad guys is a bit off, I think Wreck-It-Ralph's probably the best animated portrayal of the character so far, as he still comes across as a sort of affable bear of a man

>probably the best animated portrayal of the character so far

It's not like there's much competition given how inexplicably shit all adaptations of SF are.

If you mean your basic Street Fighter 2: World Warrior(before any of the upgrades) no he's not.
Ryu was the worst character closely followed by Ken(Ken's throw moved the opponent further, and could be used to put them in the corner quicker, so he had a mild advantage)

how come the MK movie was so good and the SF one was so bad? SF had much better actors on average.

>7'
>237lb

He should be a fucking twig.
Anyone over 6'8" and under 250 is a fucking lanklet.

>It's not like there's much competition given how inexplicably shit all adaptations of SF are.
The UDON comic book?

Because nobody in the entire SF cast and crew cared. Except Raul Julia, but he alone couldn't salvage that shit-show.

Japan doesn't understand how tall people work.
In Japan, being 230lbs lean is like being Hafthor Bjornnson here.

I meant animated adaptations.
Though the UDON comic is hardly a masterpiece either, it's just not MST3K tier shit like the US animated series or anime movies.

I thought the various anime movies/OVA were supposed to be enjoyable?

Who the fuck actually plays Street Fighter?

>Except Raul Julia

Man, I felt so bad for that guy.

>know that you're terminally ill but can do one more movie
>pick Street Fighter because your kids love the game
>die before the movie is released
>movie turns out to be complete shit

They're not as hilariously retarded as the US series, just very cliched. Which makes them better but also kind of worse since you can't get drunk and mock them.

Heh. I'll get to them soon, I've been in a huge SF mode lately. Been reading the comics. And once I finally buy a PS4 and SFV, I'm going to try to git gud as well.

so wait, when he got hired to do a movie with characters from some other franchises, instead of actually researching them, he simply...based them on his 20 year old memories of them?

But he was the best part of it, hands down. I don't know about his kids, but I love the movie in a guilty pleasure way.

And also because the actors for sagat and vega were really hot, but that's neither here nor there.

Russian trolls are out in force !!!

>'Gief was a straight-up, legitimate good guy, actually fighting to rid his country of a criminal organization bringing suffering to his countymen.
That mostly came later. He was originally just a big brute who liked to casually talk about breaking peoples' arms. Capcom retcons things lot. Sagat's another character who depending on what you read and when was portrayed as either an actually evil guy or just a noble warrior with wounded pride. If you want an even more extreme example of character who flipped back and forth between bad and good, you can look at Huitzil. the robot from SF's sister series, Darkstalkers. Depending on what you read, he can be anything from a genocidal alien robot programmed to destroy all life on Earth to a guardian built by the Mayans to protect Central America from outside threats.

Everyone? SF2 was a cultural phenomenon.

>Communist
>good guy
Bernie pls go

>who
>when all of EVO and street fighter world tour exists.

It's okay. We understand you're an autist.

Why did you post a blank picture?

Zangief was barely a bad guy in the movie, he was just an absolute retard.
>"...You got PAID?"

He believed that Bison was good, his conversation with Ken and Ryu makes that clear.

That's what I'm talking about, he stood next to Bison for the entire movie and somehow never realized that he's a psycho.

He was like that chick from Now and Then, Here and There except with all the inner conflict replaced with "lolol big guy is dumb!"

nah, even early on, instruction manuals and magazines listing the characters' bios stated that 'Gief wanted to kick Shadaloo out of Russia.
Sagat was also stated to be honorable at heart, but only signed up with Shadaloo for another shot at Ryu

I don't know, I think that's funny.
People getting worked up about a fighting video game's canon are silly.

In all the animated movies he's portrayed as evil, I believe in the alpha 2 movie he nearly beats a kid to death.

According to most accounts, Raul Julia was dealing with cancer at the time of the SF shooting but was spending time between shots living the hell out of his last days wih his beloved family at a nearby tropical resort. Purportedly JCVD was the one they had the most trouble with as he had a drug addiction following a divorce

Fucking hell, I can't even read "Shadaloo" anymore without Shadbase and poo in loo popping up in my head.
Give me my innocence back Sup Forums

It was clearly a parody of communism