Fraction was a mistake

Fraction was a mistake

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheLancer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

trying again huh?

U personally don't see a problem with Fraction's Clint.. He's not a fucking badass 24/7 is delusional. As far as I've seen, Hawkeye was always a bit screwed up, even when he was confident. At least to me, that's his whole point as a character; great mentor with the heart in the right direction, but awful decision maker as an individual because chicks and temper issues. That's why he's not Steve. That' and being bitchy from time to time.

>U

I mean, I, like in me myself.

Is that Madureira on art? Who inked it? A blind cat?

Drawing is as not very good as inking here. Bad combo. But it's a fun read, desu.

I think Fraction overplayed the screwed up part and on top of that made him a loser and it didn’t help that the other writers portrayed Clint like a guy who was incapable of functioning well with the Avengers.

Clint has status with the Avengers, he lead thw Thunderbolts, has vet status, but people are usually more into "lol Hawkeye is in a dumpster again, someone pick him up! What a fuckup! I wish we had Kate Bishop she's the best" it gets annoying.

Ewing's Hawkeye is probably the best the character has been for awhile, it feels like classic Clint.

It's Gerardo Sandoval

His art is stylized as fuck but the man can do interesting panels and action scenes

Well, I'm far from a knowall reader of Hawkeye. I may be mistaken. But for me at least the Kate thing is a bit exaggerated by the Internet. I don't think is that bad in Faction's run. She really fucks up things when she's by herself. And the only one who thinks she's awesome is she and Clint, who I think is just hopeful on her and honestly appreciates her ability. It's quite balanced, or more balanced that it seems at first, and then there's the thing with Clint, who seems a bit troubled and downplays himself (which is a bit OOC or indicates character development: your choice). I think he's been a bit off for a while, prior to that run (at least going by some writers: this all depends on who's writing in the end).

Again, I'm not the biggest fan, but it was was I could catch reading stuff here and there.

The problem was with the next run, to me at least.

Is this the new King of Fighters comic?

Fraction is the only person to have ever made Clint's character literally anything beyond "hes cool and he shoots arrows"

Only if you started reading comics in the 00's

Sounds like someone never read Cap's Kooky Quartet.

Different guy, but is that an actual book or is it a run during avengers? I kinda want to check it out

It's during the original Avengers run, the second iteration of the team.

Ewing Hawkeye is pretty good

I wish this was the regular artist

"your moment of zen" I cringed so fucking hard.

It's a group consisting of Captain America, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye. Basically, Cap wanted to prove that a bunch of former villains had what it takes to become heroes because he had faith in them, which led to them all becoming long term members of the Avengers.

This run is cheesy fun. With extra of fun.

But it still shows the same characteristics that OP probably doesn't like. But I like him like that: Everyone is clearly "more awesome" than him, and he still has issues. Which I like, and can see where they come from.

Same here.

Or Hawkeye blindspot or Thunderbolts

I'm alright with Ewing but goddamn it do I hate the fucking character label boxes. We fucking know who these characters are and the jokes aren't funny. Who's putting this shit in there? The editor or Ewing himself?

Lemiere shat on Clint even more.
At least Secret Avengers made Clint capable but god damn Im glad Ewing made Clint good.

Sup Forums doesn't like Fraction's Hawkeye?
What DO you guys like holy shit.

Ewing.

I haven't read it cause i can't stand Fraction and refuse to give him another shot. Everyone says his hawkeye is a lot better than his other stuff but i havent read a story from him that is even as good as a cow turd.

Dont. Its bad.

FUCK I'm going to find that fucker.

It's incredibly good. Super stylized. Solid pacing.
Sup Forums hates it because everyone else likes it.

why is Hawkeye fighting Cyborg?

Not sad sap Hawkguy.

It's cool to be contrarian and Fraction's Hawkeye is popular. People here are also pre-disposed to not like things.

I personally liked Fraction's Hawkeye quite a bit despite it being delayed as fuck and having a couple filler issues to make up for it.

I liked it, it got me back into comics. But I'm mostly /m/ so whatelse.

Oh fuck off with this Sup Forums is one person shit/

I hate it because I like Hawkeye

People hate it because it shits on Clint.

Hawkeye honestly wasn't that interesting pre-Fraction.
This is coming from a dude who's read every issue of Solo Avengers and West-Coast Avengers.
Certain writers could make him interesting, but he wasn't unique besides the fact he could shoot a bow really well.

Yeah, he made him "he's hipster and shoots arrows."

He's definitely more than just that, but really anything is more than 'used to work in the circus and be bad and so he shoots arrows'.

It's not that "Sup Forums doesn't like Fraction's Hawkeye", it's that it left a bad taste on Hawkeye's character.
When it first began, it was well liked, but then apparently it was getting delayed and what not, and people reading it as it came out felt like it stretched on too long.

>He's definitely more than just that
Before Fraction, sure. Now he's le wacky Hawkguy who does that epic thing with Ant Man xD

How can someone be so wrong

>whatelse
Whatever.

I should call the day.

>it's a Sup Forums pretends to be fans of a boring, one-note character episode

Because it's shit? Art is good, but storytelling gimmicks can only take you so far when there is no interesting story or characters behind them.
It's really not.

Meant for the second one.

I cannot understand guys who are diehard for Epic Hawkeye Can Do All Looking Cool And Has Not Flaws.

A character not being perfect and having, you know, personality traits and failing makes him interesting. Caring for other people in a personal level also makes someone interesting.

When I want to complain, I point at Bendis, who actually does character assassination, both literally and metaphorically.

There fighting the Agents of Shield and Hawkeyes shooting deathlok (legit took me 5 minutes to remember dudes name)

What, to you guys, is a good comic?
Do you actually read comics?

Do you?
Cause you clearly don't read posts.

Get 'im.

That's a Ewing thing. As much as I love Ewing, he thinks he's funnier than he actually is.

I wonder how far into Civil War II before the first instance of Clint getting killed happens.

Because I fucking guarantee you that one of Ulysses' visions will show Clint getting horribly murdered, since Bendis is incapable of writing an event comic where that doesn't happen.

Come on man, why would you go and say that. Can't Bendis kill anyone else Clint is one of my favorite parts of New Avengers.

It'd probably get undone by the end of the event, but Bendis has a track record man. He literally can't help himself.

>Avengers Disassembled

We will see how he not only kills him, and erases him out of the reality. We will also see how people forget him in story.

I have this feeling that he really doesn't like Clint.

But of course, before that, he will give him some OOC moments, like killing people, loads of people.

>House of M

>Ultimate End

Why you people have to remind me this, damn it.

Please, stop.

You know how people on Sup Forums like to wet themselves over Jim Shooter?
One of Shooter's rules was that, in every single comic, a new reader could pick up a comic and get who the main characters are. say what you want about Ewing, he's doing that.

OK, I'll skip Hawkeye getting killed in Age of Ultron then. But you get my point.

:^)

Have you read Busiek-Nicieza Thunderbolts? That's basically required Hawkeye reading.

Partly it's Ewing using the boxes as a substitute for narration, which is considered old-fashioned. You can get away with writing exposition caption boxes if you make them "funny."

She's legal now right?

oh my god

Since Gillen's Young Avengers, yes. It's particularly brought up that she's not a minor anymore.

Matt Fraction's Hawkeye was the first and only Avenger comics I had ever read

Fraction was fun until success went to his head and/or his conflicts with Marvel spoiled his writing. Anyway the first half of the run is fine. It's not Classic Hawkeye but it's a legitimate take on him; there are classic comics that have a similar take.

His problem otherwise is that Hickman had to use him in the Avengers because of the movie, but Hickman has zero interest in Avengers history, and without the accumulated history it's hard to explain why he's there.

This one is good. Didn't know there was so many fanarts.

>was
were. I said I was going to close this window for now, but I cannot leave the thread, This is a serious problem. I must sleep and work and stuff.

post more clint

I cannot. I don't collect fanarts (unless it's Gundam stuff). But I can draw a bit (being modest here: I can draw fine but far from great). I'll draw him (and Kate, and every Hawkeye girl you ask if someone is interested) once I'm done with my work for Uni (I think it will be done in a week or two). Just for the sake of the Art and for fun.

Fuck...
He's gonna die

I thought it was a good idea of Busiek's (Clint is his favorite Avenger, as should be obvious from the favoritism he gets in JLA/Avengers) to take him off the Avengers quickly and make him go out on his own to lead the Thunderbolts. One of the most consistent things about his character, ever since the Kooky Quartet days, is that he can't stand taking orders and wants to be the leader. He'd rather lead a crummy team of semi-reformed villains than be a supporting character under Steve Rogers.

lol, you just had exactly described myself (except for the gundam stuff)

He doesn't die there though, he still get Pete to the hideout

Well, that one is great too. Liking the texture and lighting a lot. If those are yours, you're years better than me.

Nope, I just found it on tumblr.

cool, post that in a drawthread in a couple weeks and people will gladly make Hawkeye based rec's.

Clint and Karla Sofen?

I'll look there, them. I guess I can find who did them. Really curious about what more the author pains.

I guess I could try.. I could give it a try. Just drawing, not painting. I'm really slow at painting, unless it's plain colour.

Now I'm like a 6yo-in-their-birthday level of nervous.

just splash plenty of white in there and no one';ll care

>The lancer of the Avengers wasn't interesting

Really? Your opinion is shit.

How is Fraction's Danny Rand different from his Clint Barton?

I had the same thought as well. Doesn't help that they were both drawn by Aja to look exactly the same

Can't you SEE?!
You're WASTING COFFEE!!

Are the 90s back? I mean there's this art and then there's also the fact that they're killing Superman and bringing in a bunch of Superman knockoffs after his death. Am I stuck in a loop? Help.

>lancer
>uses a bow
>and nunchuks

Tumblr ships Clint and Kate? For some reason that surprises me

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheLancer

I know >tvtropes

I should have used the word rogue.

>rogues
>using bows

he's a ranger with levels in monk