Civil War questions

Why didn't Wanda throw exploding Crossbones simply up and not at the building?
Considering Vision's laser cut through Rhodes' armor, was he going to kill Falcon?
Wasn't Stark's reactor keeping him alive? Why did he survive when Cap smashed it?

Was Amanda Waller with Zemo?

Did T'Challa have the Rhino?

She was inexperienced and panicked
He was trying to turn the wings into gliders
Iron Man 3.

>Why didn't Wanda throw exploding Crossbones simply up and not at the building?

she was in a rush and made a mistake

>Considering Vision's laser cut through Rhodes' armor, was he going to kill Falcon?

"turn him into a glider". he was aiming for the engine on falcon's wing suit.

>Wasn't Stark's reactor keeping him alive? Why did he survive when Cap smashed it?

dunno lol

>Wasn't Stark's reactor keeping him alive? Why did he survive when Cap smashed it?
Not since Iron Man 3.

>She did throw him straight up, the explosion was big enough that it still hit the building.
>I doubt Vision would have tried to kill Falcon but it looks like the blast would have fucked him up more than Rhodey.
>Pretty sure Stark had taken out the shrapnel in one of the previous Iron-Man movies. Can't remember which one

>Wasn't Stark's reactor keeping him alive?
The reactors are in the suit now. He surgically removed the one doubling as an electromagnet at the end of Iron Man 3

He removed the shrapnel at the end of Iron Man 3

Pay attention to the movies. There's your answer

Is it worth going to see this if I haven't seen Age of Ultron?

I didn't see TWS and Ultron before seeing this, it was fine in terms of comprehending what was going on.

I did also happen to fucking hate most of the movie, but that might just be me.

The only thing from AoU that matters is that big badaboom happened in some backwater European country.

how did cap know about tony's parents being killed?

how did cap suddenly know the psychiatrist was a bad guy?

how does this movie make sense at all?

SHE CAN'T CONTROL IT

She angled it wrong.

TWS was a pretty good Cap movie but yea ultron can be underwhelming

Arnim Zola

Last person to see Bucky before attack

Watching it helps.

SHIELD files, most likely.

>how did cap know about tony's parents being killed?
Zola told him in TWS.

>Wandafags will defend that she dindu it on purpose

No it literally got shown in TWS.

>We're both.... Out of time
Cheeky swiss... But also ;_;

You implying Wanda hates black people? Well, she IS a slav.

Man, I don't remember that at all. Will be rewatching it tonight.

Just shitposting, the mental gymnastics pol does is just very funny to me

What's with all these simple questions that are clearly laid out in the movies?

If you don't care enough to pay attention to them, then why even watch them?

Tony had the shrapnels near his heart removed at the end of Ironman 3. So the reaactor now only powers his suit, there is no electromagnet in his chest now. Also the reactor didnt die. Cap smashed it, but you can see it winking in his chest

In The Winter Soldier, Captain America is investigating the Winter Soldier, and breaks into an abandoned Hydra base, a digital version of Arnim Zola shows him a list of all the people killed by Bucky

>how did cap suddenly know the psychiatrist was a bad guy?
the power went out and sirens started going off, so he went to see what was going on, then Bucky started rampaging, meaning the psychiatrist (Zemo) was the one who provoked him

>how does this movie make sense at all?
it does.

Nigga, most slavs haven't even seen a black person.

Yeah it's really easy to miss, but it's there.

ITT: Watch TWS and Pay Attention to the movie you paid for... Or not

People hate what they do not know, user. Did Pa Kent teach you nothing? Next you're gonna tell me you would save a bus full of drowning children.

Inexperience. That's in the fucking movie.
>Considering Vision's laser cut through Rhodes' armor, was he going to kill Falcon?
No.
Iron Man 3, moron.

I think the suit reactor is connected to the chest reactor, but they aren't one and the same.

Also he got the shrapnel taken out at the end of Iron Man 3 so it wouldn't have mattered.

The movie would be better if both sides had good points.

Neither side had good points, it was all stupid. On one hand you have Tony arguing that they need to be 'put in check' by the UN, what the fuck is that gonna do? Bog things down with bureaucracy, perfect. That's exactly what the world needs. Next time a giant monster comes at them, the UN will vote first on whether they want to take it down...or something. How is this supposed to make any sense again?

Meanwhile Cap wants unlimited freedom to do whatever the fuck they want. This moral direction would work if we were talking about normal human beings, not insanely powerful godhumans. Also, Captain "Bucky didn't do nuffin" America in general needed to just fuck off with his stupidass loyalty.

There were so many interesting ways they could've done the conflict in this movie but then they boil it down to 'uhh, we're gonna make stupid choices and then punch each other for it'. Fuck.

What country is Captain America from?

Is Bruce Banner the Hulk?

What ... is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Why is Tony so intent on getting Bucky when he's also working/worked with:
>Scarlet Witch
Killed Wakandans and mind fucked Hulk into raping an African city to dust, somehow not responsible for those deaths
>Hawkeye
Killed various SHIELD agents and other govt drones while mind controlled by Loki, somehow not being hunted down or held responsible
>Hulk
Harlem + Africa, Hulk hate blacks. Somehow Banner not responsible
>Black Widow
This is the most ridiculous. She was a fucking SOVIET SPY who killed god knows how many people for the Reds while NOT under mind control. And she gets to be on Tony's fucking team?

You have to ignore so much to buy the premise of this. The whole "Tony has PTSD/Guilt" only carries the idea so far

you have dumb opinions

MUH PARENTS

She panicked and has no experience.
He was going for Falcons backpack
Not since Iron Man 3

Yeah, I actually would buy that if he knew about the parents/Bucky thing before the end of the movie. That's what they should have done. Give him a reason to be irrational the whole time. He didn't, though. So everything before finding out about his parents is just this misguided retardation that the character they've presented in every movie before this wouldn't buy.

Because Martha.

It's amazing how there is SO many people asking that. People on boards, forums, chat, "critics" on youtube, ...

And they even call that a twist
You allready know that Tony parents die in a "car accident", Arnim Zola reveals that Bucky as the winter soldier is behind events such as this one.
And in the opening you see it's happening in 1991 and that Bucky retrieves Super Soldier serum..

see

>"turn him into a glider". he was aiming for the engine on falcon's wing suit
considering the beam went straight through Rhodey's armor, it would have probably gone through Sam's jetpack, his head head and then Rhodey's reactor

It could have missed everyone, too. Congratulations, you learned that you can fanfiction anything.

It didn't go through armor, it simply destroyed the arc reactor.

How come Steve and Bucky can run as fast as cars but fucking jog to make their escape at the airport?

>It didn't go through armor,
While it was a glancing shot, it melted his armor like butter.

Well, and the introduction of SW and Vision

1. Dunno,maybe to avoid shrapnel raining down or maybe quick thinking isn't her strong suit
2. He was going for the backpack thing. Presumably they would have been prepared for that and caught him
3. He got the shrapnel removed at the end of IM3, he no longer need it to survive

It was from reactor exploding.

I think this thread kind of demonstrates what will be the eventual downfall of the MCU, eventually normies won't be able to keep track of all the plot points and characters and the movies will stop being accessible, kind of like what happened to comic books.

Granted I think we'll make it to phase 5 or 6 before it really starts to set in, but it seems inevitable

which means it had to go through armour
and if it did explode wouldn't all of them be dead? aren't they like mini tesseracts?

Why not use extremis to heal rhodey?

As opposed to the DCCU which is badly written from the start, and the X-Men films which are easy to follow as they tell the same story repeatedly.

Why didn't War Machine die? They should have killed off a character or two to let us know the stakes are high. Otherwise its just punch punch high five lets be buds again. Borrrrring

Hey I'm not attacking it or anything, I'm a huge MCUfag, and I'm sure I won't have trouble understanding anything going forward because i pay attention to the movies.

I'm just saying that a lot of people don't have the patience or care to keep track of this stuff, as demonstrated ITT

You just know that an earlier version of the script had him die but focus groups didn't like it

Crap now i gotta add why didnt stark call that korean scientist lady from AoU with the regenerative chamber to heal rhodey?

The two times she's been in Africa she has killed tons of niggers.

Because even the writers admitted that she did literally nothing wrong.

Why does Parker look CGI'd in that scene, but not in the next when they are in his room?

The beam basically grazes the suit where reactor is and it blows up.

The accords in general were paper thin bullshit that didn't address the necessity of quick action without getting approval, nor did it address the right of refusal on the part of the metas/super normies to NOT take an assignment due to potential misuse. The thing is that they seem to ignore the fact that collateral damage happens while they're saving the fucking planet. Again. Does anyone say "hey thanks for taking out 3 hilicarriers that were hijacked by Hydra" or "thanks for stopping the landmass from hitting and blotting out the sun"? Nope. Everyone blames the people trying to stop nasty shit from happening because one guy went full suicide bomber.

Making them have to answer for their unilateral action? Sure. Makes sense. Someone has to pay for the damage and explain to Jamal's mom why a building fell on him. Giving the UN police authority to throw people in super jail without a trial? Fuck that. Not even sure why the US would be on board given that the avengers are typically looking out for their interests.

But then, the movie gets real boring if it's about everyone talking their problems out and stopping Bucky when he goes crazy.

Am I the only one who thinks the score just doesn't compare to TWS? I mean just barely. I listen to TWS score all the time. I won't be listening to Civil War's score as much. Idk, it's just missing something.

I agree with you accept that Ultron is completely Tony's and Banner's fault. Everything else, they should be grateful for.

>the only complaints about CW are from people not paying attention

I get the impression he doesn't care for Widow that much, or at least doesn't trust her any further than he has to. The fact that he doesn't trust Scarlet Witch is sort of a key plot point for the first part of the movie.

All those people earned a shot at redemption by coming forwards and trying to earn it. Bucky hasn't. You can debate whether or not he was justified in that, but the fact remains, everyone else has made the effort. Held out the olive branch, if you will. Bucky never did, so there's no reason to place any faith in him.

As for why he's going after him so vehemently at the end of the movie, dude fucking brutally murdered his parents. Responsibility has nothing to do with it in that case, it's personal, and just sort of a natural human response. He's not a damn robot, he just plays one on TV.

another question that I have, is when did Cap get so good at fighting? In The First Avenger he is just sitting around doing shows, still having very little training. Then after he manages to free all those dudes it shows a montage of him kicking ass, stratigizing like a boss, and being a straight beta with Carter.

When did he git gud?

It makes me feel bad in a way because our DC brothers don't have nice things of their own any more. But it also makes me feel good because even while the genre stagnates, Marvel movies can still be incredible.

>When did he git gud?

In the fucking fourties bro
They showed in TWS (I think) him kicking ass against the Nazis and Hydra in WWII

The introduction of Scarlet Witch, Vision, and the establishment Steve's own team of Avengers, along with Tony and Clint's "retirement" set up the major need to knows for Civil War.

How did stank know Pete was spidey?

He watched Youtube and probably had a drone follow him.

>What country is Captain America from?

Brazil, I think.

>Is Bruce Banner the Hulk?

I don't think so. Hulk is green and 13 ft tall. Banner is a regular guy.

>What ... is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

An African or a European swallow?

Hacked surveillance footage.

That's true, but it's not like a UN resolution is going to stop their science experiments from fucking up fantastically.

Disney buying Marvel was a mistake. I still can't comprehend how the Netflix shows were allowed to be made.

She did, but she let go of him before clearing the building's height due to stress and the force field shattered twords the building's windows, releasing the blast in that direction.

He aimed precisely at Falcon's engine giving him lift. He wanted to disable that with a surgical strike to turn him into a glider.

Not since Iron Man 3. The ARC reactor now only powers his armor, it doesn't keep shrapnel away from his heart anymore.

>Implying Vision didn't hit Rhodey on purpose for hurting Wanda and giving orders like he's the boss or something

Don't be stupid OP

She did throw it straight up: so instead of detonating in the market and killing Cap + 50, it detonated next to the Nth story office window and killed 14-ish.
Vision was told to shoot to cripple the wing suit's jet pack, turn Falcon into a glider, so he would be grounded. Falcon saw the incoming fire and dodged.
Tony had the reactor removed at the end if IM3. Didn't you notice the scene where Tony's shirt was unbuttoned all the way down to the navel, and, lo and behold, no reactor?

Wasn't it so that she DID throw it up, but the explosion was so big it hit the building anyway?

I have a complaint about the shaky cam in some of the fight scenes.

Why did Tony wait till iron man 3 to get that shit removed from his chest?

>shaky cam
when will this fad end?
Has it ever been used "well"

That thing patches up skin and wounds

It doesn't repair spines.

Because Ultron killed her :(

Cloverfield

Can semi confirm. I know this slav girl who had never seen a nigger but also really hates niggers

Smart girl.

Not to mention the UN is a collection of human rights abusers who voted to ban the private use of arms by civilians

because this movie needed a Stanford
Yes.
No. It was just powering the suit at this point. *see Iron Man 3

>Hey guys let's let the UNITED handle this
>It goes wrong
What the fuck did they expect

Probably don't have that great of control over her wonky ass power yet to keep a explosion frozen in time and move it through space. Seems like a pretty taxing task.
Pretty sure he was aimming for one of the wings, but it is possible, Vision is a creepy dude
Watch IM3 again for this answer
>Why did he survive when Cap smashed it?
See above

underrated comment

that movie is unwatchable to some (including myself) because of it

>mfw the camera man was literally named HUD
>mfw I'm the only one of my friends who got this joke

Tempted to watch Jessica Jones cause I like David Tennant, but I hear the show is about a nigger cucking Tennant and that they try to make Tennant look like a "nice guy" when purple man did nothing wrong

The explosion wasn't frozen in time, Wanda just threw a force field around Rumlow and lifted him up. The force field shattered early and released the blast towards the building.