Did anyone actually enjoy this?

I understand it was revolutionary at the time and essentially ushered in the era of modern film as opposed to what basically were recorded plays, but God dammit by modern standards it's boring as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cIenIcLpRZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VFevH5vP32s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that piece of kino wasnt intendend to be enjoyable and not even memeing

user the problem is everyone knows the story via cultural osmosis, and you're a pleb.

I genuinely loved it. Even if you don't you gotta appreciate what it did for modern film making (camera techniques, a director getting authority over the picture and not letting ((them)) control it etc)

no

There were plenty of important films before Citizen Kane. Ever Orson Welle's acknowledges the influence of Birth of a Nation.

God damn you're a pleb.

The reboot will happen someday...

youtube.com/watch?v=cIenIcLpRZQ

I thought it was very entertaining, and I usually don't enjoy older movies.

Citizen Kane is genuinely entertaining and one ofthe faster paced filmd of it's era. You're just a pleb

It's really pretty and has some of the best set design I've ever seen.

The only thing I got out of this as a few "how did they film this in 1941?" moments. That's really the only value the movie has today.

It's strange how many people don't understand that influental and great are two different things.

Just a one season wonder

>by modern standards
Fuck off idiot, go watch iron man 3 or something

>but God dammit by modern standards it's boring as fuck.
What's wrong? Not enough superheroes, CGI and quips?

Fucking this. I've seen retards on here talk about how boring Citizen Kane is multiple times. It boggles my mind, the plot is extremely fast-paced and tight. If you think Citizen Kane is "boring" by any standard, you're a pleb plain and simple

Birth of a Nation was influential but not great.

Citizen Kane was both influential and great.

It wasn't even just "great for its time". It was a sprawling, ambitious character study with blood and sweat poured into every frame of it.

It holds up.

>Everyone who doesn't share my shit taste must only like capeshit
Fuck off. I bet you liked Silence too.

You're a pleb. Sorry there weren't enough explosions for you.

MUAAAAA THE FRENCH

youtube.com/watch?v=VFevH5vP32s

>le epic explosions response XD