Is Al Ewing the best writer currently working at marvel?

Is Al Ewing the best writer currently working at marvel?

Yes

>there is a Hulklingcuck in Comicvine butthurt giving one star reviews for each issue

>no remender
>no hickman
>possibly no king soon

By default, yes.

I didn't think so until all the meta commentary in Ultimates was brought up, I found that pretty clever.

A close contender or two however would be either Nick Spencer or Gerry Duggan, I can see myself leaning towards either of them instead of Ewing for my favorite depending on what I'm reading.

But they made Hulking Space King.
What kind of Hulking fan would hate that?

>best writer
>hickman
Uh...

>I didn't think so until all the meta commentary in Ultimates was brought up, I found that pretty clever.
I'd say it's averagely clever. It's pretty much on the nose commentary that normies would understand and it tries to act as if it's really clever.
Possibly. I love Ultimates but I hate New Avengers. Nothing in Marvel except for Vision interests me. I thought pre Secret Wars Spencer would be best but his output is average.

Not counting King?

Probably a tie between him and Spencer, they're both entertaining.

Best character

Granted that's a great one page, but it doesn't mean he's the best writer.

YUUUUUUUU
ESSSSSSSSS
AYYYYYYYYY
LMAO

quien?

Not a fan of Ant-Man or Captain Falcon? Nick Spencer writes both and I'm honestly happy with both of them.

In particular I believe he was the main writer for Standoff, and his returning Cap to his younger glory was handled beautifully.

>Captain Falcon

You got a problem, son?

I'm currently following 0 current Marvel books, what is essential Ewingcore?

Zombo from 2000ad

Sorry man but I don't like zombies

Too bad. He's a very well-manered zombie tho.

He's the only writer who gives a shit about the canon, and has managed to make Squirrel Girl enjoyable in spite of her solo series. Also he brought back Night Thrasher and played him completely straight.

He's probably my favorite comic writer period.

You've got such shit taste bud.

Just pick up his three current books, New Avengers, Contest of Champions and Ultimates. Ultimates is the more serious book, the other two are goofier. He's an amazing continuityfag.

Can someone shop that into a female Godzilla (moderate boobs, not huge ones) and change the balloons to "Give" "me" "mennnnn"?

Zombo.

Do you want it dyed purple, too?

Zombie is pretty bad IMO. It's only worth reading for the art. He's a weird writer whose American stuff is much better than his British stuff.

Loki Agent of Asgard
The storytimes were so good that after it finished I went out and bought all the issues from my LCS.

Presumably the kind that only wants Hulkling to ever be Wiccan's bitch-boy and never do anything that takes the splotlight away from everyone's resident gay mary sue.

I really hope we get an American Kaiju mini at some point. There's a lot of potential for the character.

Loki: Agent of Asgard for pre-Secret Wars and Ultimates for post-Secret Wars would be his best stuff, but his New Avengers, Contest of Champions, Mighty Avengers (warning: Land), and Ultron Forever are all good as well.

Does it get better after issue 1
My main problem was the art
I want to read it for hawkeye though

You have earned my kek

Sandoval does the art for about half the issues. The issue that just came out is the last issue he's doing though, since Medina is becoming the new series artist starting with the next issue.

It has a great Hawkeye, so I'd recommend trying to power through Sandoval's art. Personally, I love Sandoval's art though and its actually one of the draws for me, so I might be a bit biased.

No.
Apparently he is popular for some desperate reasons

>people actually like King

Because "Desperate Housewives with Robots" is such a hard concept.

Fags, fangirls, and quipniggers.

Read Omega Men. I don't give a fuck what you think about Vision, or King, until you've read that.

I'm glad you like him, personally I don't hate him but he hasn't wowed me yet.

His dredd stuff is goat especially the trifecta saga, zombo is good and so are his one off shorts in 2000AD

Nigga shut the fuck up

I'd say it's between him and King, but I'd give it to Ewing because he's been working on more titles with similar degrees of quality in the last year.

The last volume of mighty avengers, just before secret wars, had much better art. It was Cammuncoli, If I'm not mistaken (I'm not even sure if I wrote his name correctly).

>New Avengers early in the month and not doubleshipping

I need my fix

Is this real?

Yes, what makes you think otherwise?

Why do people like him? He's a discount Gillen

He's more like a discount Busiek to me, but even then, Gillen went to shit years ago so having someone doing what Gillen used to do before that happened is hardly a bad thing.

Wait, they're actually doing things with Teddy? Things that don't involve Billy?

Billy's still there, but Teddy was the focus of the second arc.

because Gillen isn't putting out any good Marvel books right now

yeah, Hulkling is destined to unite the Kree and Skrull empires as a King Arthur figure. He even has a sword to prove it.

Marvel is a parody of itself now

No...would refer regular godzilla skin tone instead of red white and blue, though.

>Loki: Agent of Asgard
His cameo in Ms Marvel made me throw up in my mouth. Was this series actually decent or godawful like he was there?

It was a bad crossover. The Loki series was really, really good.

Nah, most of his work is only passable

Journey into Mystery was a million times better though

Well duh, everyone loves Lady Sif.

>a million times
JiM had the benefit of not getting pulled into event crossovers for half of its run.

I want to drown in a patriotic flood of America Godzilla's cum as he jizzes on my house

wut
it literately did and he rolled with it

The only event crossover was Fear Itself at the beginning. The New Mutants and Thor crossovers were just that, crossovers. Not event tie-ins.

Loki had half the issues of JiM yet had to deal with:
>AXIS
>Original Sin
>Secret Wars
That said, the prelude to AXIS and Secret Wars tie-ins were two of the best arcs of Agent of Asgard.

are there any captain falcon comics anywhere? I mean this CF, obviously

Yes, the two greatest syllables in the english language! De-fault, de-fault, de-fault!

Original Sin was a separate miniseries.

Sure is Sup Forumsmblr in here

>remender
>even in the running

Lel

His Might Avengers and Captain America and the Mighty Avengers books were GOAT.

His last secret wars tie in issue was the best isue of 2015.

there's a manga out there somewhere

Tumblr hates the book cause of how Billy is drawn.

Stop, tumblr.

>Memender

>Al Ewing