What did you think of Spider-Verse?

What did you think of Spider-Verse?

Good idea, terribly done.

Like every other stuff Slott has done.

/thread.

Got it in one.

Pretty stupid

The idea of killing off familiar Spider Men was pretty cheap shock value.

I liked it a lot, ending was flat though.

Dan Slott was really angry at the idea of other Spider-Mans existing for some reason. That one Japanese Spider-Man people like? Yeah he gets destroyed as soon as he shows up. Hostess Fruit Pie Spider-Man? Hahaha, what if the vampire talked about how delicious he was. Amazing Friends Spider-Man? Shot of them all dead in a destroyed building. Capcom Spider-Man? Dan Slott doesn't know how fighting games work but he wants to make sure his vampire oc got a "Perfect" on Spider-Man.

Edge of Spider-Verse was neat, the Slott-written parts sucked ass. Definitley want more Gerard Way Spider-Mech/Daredevil bro-ups.

I dont know why there werent any symbiote spider-men. The closest we got was that one with the cloth black suit. I would of loved to see an alternate peter who kept and got along with the symbiote.

>Japanese Spiderman* gets destroyed as soon as he shows up.

No, Leopardon did, but 2099 revived him using future technology and he ended up tanking three Inheritors at once. Everything else you said was 100% accurate though.

Symbiotes don't count as totems apparently. So if the Spider-Men really wanted to save everyone they should have just gotten a shit tone of symbiotes mask their scents.

It was fun. every day since i've read it ive come across another plot hole, but those don't kill it for me as long as the story makes emotional sense. Which it kinda does. It wasn't great. Or it was till about the third act came around. But yeah, fun is probably the best it can be described as after dat ending.

eh

I liked the "bringing all spider-people together" element but the villains were stupid

I think that was the point where I completely gave up on Slott's Spider-Man.

This, the idea of multiple alternate universe Spider-Men teaming up to face some big threat sounds like huge fun.

Slott managed to make it boring.

If it's by Slott, it's Shitt.

And of all the smelly logs dumped out of Slott's slot, this one ranks among the most rank.

Why did so many die

>every Spider-Man EVER
>kill most of them off brutally
>characters act stupid because PLOT
>still boring

>Spider-men from all across the multiverse (including all your favourite one-shot non-canon spiders) have to team up to fight some ultrapowerful bad guys

This is incredible material for a cheesy comic book. How do you fuck this up?

All of the secondary books (written by people other than Slott) were better than the main event. Hell, they were actually good well, except for Hopeless's Spider-Woman.

Shock Value: Spidey Edition

Well, I managed to forget it the last time I was trying to count all the blasted events Marvel has done in the last 5 years. Take that as you will.

>not liking Superior Spider-Man and all the stuff that came before it
>2016
user...

Bleh

Slott really needs to get off Spidey. He had good ideas and some good arcs but now it's just bad

It was the point where I just gave up on Peter as Spider-Man and decided to just read 2099 until Slott leaves the book.

Like it was a great idea, but just turned into Slott killing off fan favourites and pushing Silk and SpOck on us again. The Edge of Spider-Verse tie in was much better than the actual core story.

>tfw Slott will stay on Spider man for forever

Even if sales drop you bet they'll have a controversial or pandering storyline that will bring sales right back up, like MJ wanting to date Peter again or Peter getting raped by a Bendis expy.

>liking SSM

I know it's you Slott, quit trying to shill your crap.

>he didn't like Big Time
>he didn't like Spider-Island
>he didn't like Ends of the Earth
>he didn't like Superior Spider-Man