The prequels made the Star Wars galaxy seem huge and added on to what your own imagination could picture for Star Wars...

The prequels made the Star Wars galaxy seem huge and added on to what your own imagination could picture for Star Wars. It became a real place that allowed us to think of it beyond Luke, Han and Leia. Plus the Jedi fighting and the clones in action was great. The Force Awakens shrunk it back down and had nothing new.

Apologize.

apologise for the special editions and selling your eponymous company to disney

I APOLOGIZE. GEORGE

The Force Awakens added more planets than Phantom Menace. Your world building meme gets wrekt every time. I like the prequels, but TFA did nothing wrong.

George had his chance. He quit on us.

>The prequels made the Star Wars galaxy seem huge

No they didn't.

>No they didn't.

Yes, they did.

>galaxy is so huge that the same two droids were present for nearly every significant event that happened in it for 30 years

No it made it feel fake and dumb.

The Clone Wars cartoons and the old EU made the galaxy seem huge, the prequels didn't do shit.

>added on to what your own imagination could picture for Star Wars

TFA was made to make money off of dumb fanboys while R1 was made for people who just want a good movie.

Quick reminder that the prequels and children's cartoons succeeded in neither of these endeavors.

I don't have to apologise for shit, I always loved George's stuff and I hate the new Star Wars. I knew Disney and the normie croud were gonna fuck it all up.

It added planets with zero personality. Jakku is Tatooine, Takodana is just a generic forest, could be Endor in the EU. The one that gets blown up is just Coruscant with a different name. And the death star planet is just a generic snow planet that also gets destroyed anyway so who cares.

I'm okay with this character. Maybe your mind is too narrow to accept anything that isn't "badass" and "tough".

>the galaxy is so huge that all the new planets characters visit are identical to all the planets in the OT

oh boy, a THIRD desert planet!

They're all new planets though.

phantom menance spends most of it's time on previously established planets.

No, it spends most of the time in Naboo and some time in Coruscant. We had seen neither of them before.

I'll just assume you're retarded if you think there's a great diversity of habitable planets in the galaxy.

>How come nobody settled this planet where shards of glass constantly rains sideways at 5000mph?
>Why would they?
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>I didn't say anything funny
>I DON'T CARE IF I LAUGH I CAN PRETEND I WON THIS ARGUMENT

This. I had no doubt in my mind that Disney would do exactly what it is doing with Star Wars.

Star Wars for me died in 2012.

Your arguments in favor of the prequels can be arguments in favor of The Force Awakens, you realize that?

Also, Jar Jar, midichlorians, unnecessary clones backstory (seroiusly, why is the clones part important), also unnecessary droid stuff and the dialog.

TFA obviously has flaws, but it's better than the first two prequels easily and that the third one arguably

>R1 was made for people who just want a good movie.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

so why aren't you blaming lucas for selling it? he's responsible for its "dying" you talk about

>not realizing this character has all knowing knowledge of the star wars universe
>not realizing he's a friendly story teller
>not realizing he has multiple neck jowls
>not realizing this is George Lucas' self cameo in the series
>not being aware of the pottery

Prequel apologists should be euthanized.

Like clockwork

>No it made it feel fake and dumb.

No they didn't.

The Clone Wars cartoons and the old EU made the galaxy seem huge, the prequels didn't do shit.

Yes, they did.

I agree with this though, when I was a teen I started writing some Star Wars fan fiction and there was a planet where it rained sideways. Why do they always make planets that look like sublte variations of what we can see on Earth or from Earth? Are they lazy, uncreative or afraid of scaring the single brain cell viewers?

>mfw storm troopers weren't an already established peacekeeping force that got co-opted
>mfw the clones weren't genetically created and replicated monsters

more than half the movie takes place on tatooine.

This, the prequels were definitely not what I expected from the "clone wars" they talked about in the OT. I thought the clone wars were sort of like WWII and Vietnam, not multicolor stormtrooper clones with New Zealand accents fighting robots.

Because I would have done the same thing he did. The Star Wars fandom is abject cancer that completely turned on Lucas with autistic rage over the prequels. Why the hell would I do jack shit for a bunch of literal manchildren who can't handle Yoda having a lightsaber without having a seizure?

>dude lets devote huge amounts of screen time to this war between two sets of mass produced and completely disposable forces

>hey were are you going??

>make three intensely bad movies that betray zero understanding of what made star wars unique in the first place

>why's everyone so mad I don't get it its star wars!

You said "planets", not "planet". So your point is still factually wrong. Okay maybe there's more Tatooine than Naboo but they still show enough new stuff, way more than TFA does. And you can tell the effort they put into designing Naboo, the architecture and the way the people dressed in there.

so, lets break it down.

TPM introduces 2 new planets and takes place mostly on a previously established planet.

TFA is split between four new planets and spends zero time on any previously established planets.

You just made my point.

Jakku is just Tatooine with a different name. The Resistance base is basically Yavin with a different name. Takodana is just a forest with a castle.
In any case it's as bad as TPM but not better. Quantity over quality doesn't work here imo.

>people didn't like my movies
>better sell them to someone i know will ruin them
poor george; he's the real victim here. you lucas defenders are in denial

Well from what I read he donated all the money he got from Disney so that's pretty cool.
I don't know if I can say the fanbase has always been as cancerous as today, I feel like a fuck ton of new alleged fans only became fans after TFA and they are the kind that just like the movies as popcorn flicks and wear some Keep Calm And Use The Force t shirt or have a stormtrooper dancing as their phone background image. The kind of fans that are too afraid to be nerds but also want to like Star Wars. The people that would make fun of Star Wars fans a few years ago.

>these new planets aren't new because I'm saying so

okay

>This desert planet is not a desert planet like that desert planet

Hmm?

Then you're interpreting any response as validation of your argument.

Though I like how prequel defense flips around from "EVEYRONE LOVED PREQUELS TILL RLM" and "EVERYONE IRRATIONALLY HATED PREQUELS POOR GEORGIE BOY"

>this new planet isn't a new planet because its similar to another planet

>starkiller not canon

>I understand what Star Wars is supposed to be better than its literal creator
>Wtf?! Why did Lucas sell it for $4.5 BILLION dollars? It's his responsibility to continue attempting to please and pander to me even though I've done nothing but absolutely shit all over everything he's attempted to do for the last 15 years!

You made your bed, now lay in it.

considering half the plotlines in the prequels had to do with people attempting to hide really large things, like armies and superweapons, the fact they're hiding them on habitable planets is pretty silly.

They actually managed to sell you the same product with a different name by telling you it's new.
I can't understand how someone would say the TFA planets are new in the same way Naboo was new. The TFA planets are unimaginative and generic, I know it's a matter of opinion but there's no sense in thinking otherwise.

Or I'm simply arguing a solid position that you can't counter.

TFA introduced more new things than TPM. Thus, TFA did more to make the universe larger than TPM.

It did not, though. Adding 4 new planets that look exactly the same as old planets and that we don't get to see much about isn't "more" than adding 2 new planets we hadn't seen before and giving them a bit more depth.

Now you're using Star Fox logic. Like hiding a superweapon on a star.

>naboo was new

it was renamed alderan

>it was renamed alderan
No it wasn't.

>hiding things places people wouldn't want to go is the same as hiding things on stars

I mean, the fact you even know what star fox is kinda betrays the fact you're retarded, but goddamn son.

so you're acting like there wasn't an idyllic forest planet in a new hope.

that's really swell

You don't get to see it in A New Hope, I don't know what you are talking about.

>R1 wasn't made to make money off of dumb fanboys
>the prequels didn't succeed in making money off dumb fanboys
Imagine being this delusional.

>you don't see the rebel base on yavin 4 in a new hope

>when you realize the guy who's defending the prequels hasn't watched any star wars movie

I'm sorry George

I assumed you accidentally replied to another post and meant Alderaan because comparing those other two makes no sense.

more bullshit excuses. for 20 years lucas had been shitting on fans and repeatedly saying "they're MY movies you fags, i'll do what i like with them. it's not my fault you don't understand what a genius i am. get over it lol" then he drops the whole "protective creator" act the second he smells a big payout

lucas tarnished star wars with the special editions. then he made things worse with the prequels. now he's completed his sabotaging his own creation by selling it to a company he knew would ruin it, and personally putting a manic cunt in charge of the compant that bears his name. he is passive aggressive, contemptful and spiteful, and completely deliberate

lucas ruined star wars. not "the fans." not rlm. lucas did it all, and he did it on purpose. stop trying to rewrite history

>comparing idyllic forest planet where all structures are based upon ancient architecture with idyllic forest planet where all structures are based upon ancient architecture makes no sense

Naboo actually had a city if you paid attention.

V > IV > R1 > VI > III >>> VII > I > II

facts

by that logic jakku is a completely different planet than tatooine because tatooine didn't have wrecked star destroyers.

Enjoy your shitty fan sequel, bitch.

TFA was a star wars movie designed to appeal to people who do not like star wars, and do not care about star wars. As such, it is painfully generic and lacking in all the charm that made star wars attractive in the first place. These things were replaced by the things that marketing droids calculated would yield maximum generic mass appeal.

R1 was a star was movie designed to appeal to fans of the series. As a consequence of this it is actually good.

correction. TFA was a star wars movie designed to appeal to people who didn't like the prequels.

what i don't understand is how after making phantom menace, george and his team didn't try to take criticism to heart and make the second film better.

It's so strange to watch some interview of him saying that star wars isn't just about flying ships, lasers and that the biggest virtue a director can have is restraint since with the digital age you can basically do anything you imagine and this could lead to a worse movie. All of these things are key areas that the prequels failed and the digital remasters to the OT.

I don't understand george, he seems to understand what a good star wars movie. If you stumble on a production it's okay no one is perfect but he doubled down on II and III and basically put fingers in his ears about any feedback.

The prequels didn't expand shit. It was good writers adding to the prequel-verse with comics and games that saved that shit. The prequels only gave us boring space politics and cold, heartless, bland and uninvolving CGI battles coddled together with awful acting and dialogue. The other EU writers gave us Thrawn, Starkiller, The Hutt Jedi and other cool/weird shit which really expanded upon what massively lacked in the prequel movies.

>muh planets

What can you tell me about Geonosis that you only understood from the movies? Why the fuck did anybody bother colonising Mustafar? The only planet we know shit about is Naboo and that planet sucks ass.

>muh spinny flippy lightsaber battles

The lightsaber battles were awesome because they weren't overused and weren't ridiculous as fuck like in the prequels. How the fuck am I supposed to care about people in hoodies bouncing around like autistic sonic fans with laser swords? There's no emotion or real consequence to many of the prequel saga's battles and that's why they suck.

Cry all you want, Lucas is a hack. Not even Disney could do anything interesting by playing with the prequels because all the shit they did just raised more questions.

TFA and R1 were both incredibly bland and mediocre.

>Anakin created C-3PO
>Vader is literally the most important person in the galaxy
>Yoda knew Chewbacca
>R2-D2 was there the whole time
>Bobba Fett was the genetic template for the clone troopers
>Jabba showed up
That's the exact opposite of making the galaxy seem bigger. Everything revolves around whatever was iconic in the OT. It's just less copypaste about it than nuWars.

>Starkiller
>good
you gotta be at least 18 to post here, my man

I will apologize to Lucas. He made good movies, but he stopped making them. We went 10 years of not having shit for star wars. No good games. No good anything. Just a shitty fucking cartoon. He cashed in and got 4 billion credits and left us like Han Solo. At least now we get more films.

Who the fuck cares about how big the universe feels. You marvel fags with your cinematic universes need to go fuck yourselves. A movie like Star Wars should simply be a well told adventure story set in space. The prequels could not do this.
All the bitching and complaining about the variety of planets in this thread is retarded. The point of a movie is to tell a story properly, not to have planets. VII did this. I, II, and III could not. The acting was wooden and the script was shit. The action was serviceable, but pales in comparison to TFA. No matter what way you look at it, the prequels were bad movies if you watched them at an age older than 16.

How old were you when you saw The Phantom Menace?

Youre right, TFA apologists are by far the biggest cancer on this board. Unsurprisingly they share a huge overlap with marvelcucks and e celeb thread shitposters

See also; The Force Unleashed 2

/thread

The Force Unleashed 2 was absolute garbage, though
>muh 20 minute QTE fight against Vader
>muh 4 hour story mode

>Who the fuck cares about how big the universe feels.
Are you new to the fantasy genre?

TCW is good

hey look, an RLM parrot who lacks the mental capacity for original thought.
>The point of a movie is to tell a story properly, not to have planets.
>VII did this.
holy fuck, my sides.