If you could remove story or arc from a character's history, which would it be?

If you could remove story or arc from a character's history, which would it be?

I'd get rid of all that stupid Spider Totem bullshit.

The last few years of Slott.

You can't get rid of Sins Past because it's a myth and doesn't really exist.

Can I get rid of everything that came after Thanos Imperative?

The totem stuff was the only cool part of the JMS run. How can you say that but not One More Day?

The Totem introduced a ridiculous magic backstory for a character that didn't need one.

PANTHEON

No but you can ignore it. Few characters get a complete story and fitting end like Quill. At least there is a clean break in quality.

I'd love to see the idea that Peter remains a skinny ottermode dyel past 21-22 gone. Your pic is exactly what he should look like right now.

>only cool part of the JMS run
Come on now.

I'd remove that one story about Batman and the Joker

Bendis's Moon Knight.

him ever being wrong

they DID get rid of that. they replaced it with something even stupider. and then that, replaced with something even worse. spider-man is like political office right now

I would remove everything Hopeless did to Nico Minoru, and by association all of Arena.

This.

I like the totem stuff,I think some mystic additions were the best bet they had at some refreshing material. I'd rather more magic backstory than gwen coming back.

THIS.

Totem, Sin Past, OMD. The wedding was canceled by Wanda. And Peter has never unmasked himself.

I would remove a lot of Slott stuff, except Superior, that despite everything, I think it was funny.

This.

This

My nigga

>The wedding was canceled by Wanda.
kys

Still hated after all these years.

If not that, the Totem because it would spare us from Morlun and his Gary Stu Family.

We're talking about story arcs that have happened, user

came here to post this

I really didn't understand it at all. It introduced a really weird aspect of Spider-Man with bizarre characters like Madam Webb.
Honestly, could you explain it to me?

Usually the villain must be stronger than the hero, but it's interesting to note that when a villan is really too strong, this annoying the reader.

This.

Can't tell if you're stupid or baiting. That's one of the better plots from that era.

getting rid of the GLC and fucking over Hal were dumb and I'd undo them in a heartbeat

This, especially if it invalidates all the dumb shit that came after it

Spidey: Getting married, closely followed by the clone saga
Punisher: when he was an 'angel' closely followed by frankenfrank
Superman: any story he kills in.
Batman: return of Jason

/thread

Milligan's Hellblazer run

The "Wolverine and other feral mutants are a different species" part of Origins. Really all the Romulus stuff.
I think people pretty much just ignore that shit now anyway, including editorial.

Wolverine's bone claw retcon and basically everything that was revealed about his supposedly mysterious past since 1991, including the James Howlett identity, the fact that he actually isn't related to Sabretooth, all that nonsense with Romulus and the Lupines, etc.

Wolverine was so much better as a character when we didn't so much about his past, especially since his "past" is pretty much just one contradictory retcon after another, stitched together by various writers and editors in the years since Claremont's original departure from the X-books.

Barry comming back from the dead. Wally built his own legacy and even surpassed Barry. But no, let's bench him because "MUH FANFIC".

I thought totem stuff was interesting exploration of Peter's character from perspective that wasn't used on him before. It doesn't overrule the fact that he is a man of science, it doesn't even challenge it, but it just adds that layer of spirituality as to why he got his powers.

It simply meant that he was a better man than Ezekiel in spirit because he assumed responsibility, as with great power yadda-yadda you know the drill.

>romulus
That storyline sucked so much, the lazaer shit too and his "death"

I also thought it was cool because it was a good opportunity to introduce some more cosmic stuff into his universe, giving more things for writers to make use of. So much for that.

This. In every reality, this.

Leave the Clone Saga in, leave in all the edgy 90s shit, leave in the Other, leave in Trouble- hell, leave in Sins Past, but for godssakes take back one more day.

please...

I would make it so that neither the original X-Factor nor the Inferno Saga happened, so that Jean stays dead, Madelyne Pryor is just a normal, powerless human instead of Jean's clone and Scott retires to raise his child with Maddie and serve a reserve/auxiliary role with the X-Men, as Claremont intended.

Morrison's Batman run

When will the anti-morrison's batman meme die?

Sins Past. pretty much the worst comic story ever. EVER.

I agree with this... it really seemed like Claremont (on Uncanny X-Men) and Weezie (on New Mutants) were building up to something before editorial came on and forced all sorts of retcons and last-second storytelling swerves to accommodate the launch of X-Factor.

I don't know if Jim Shooter approving the whole X-Factor thing cancels out the fact that he was the one who convinced Claremont and Byrne that Jean dying at the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga would make for a much better story (and he was right).

Shooter giveth, and Shooter taketh away, I guess.

I don't read much spider-man. Anybody wanna' give me the gist of this?

I don't even like MJ that much and I'm still buttfrustrated this happened.

Spider-Man literally makes a deal with the devil to stop Aunt May from dying, but it retcons his marriage to Mary Jane.

Are his pants made of aluminum?

You have tiggered me, I try to forget the abortion.

And for some reason NO one in the Marvel universe could heal an old ladies bullet wound. Not even Reed or Strange. Like the fuck is this.

>Totem
>Not OMD
>Not Sins Past
>Not Clone Saga
>Not Superior>Seriously not OMD

Your taste is absolute shit

This is my main problem with OMD. I was never a fan of the whole marriage thing so the marriage getting retconned didn't bother me too much, but making a deal with the motherfucking devil because he's the only being in the entire universe that can help with a gunshot wound.

Also him meeting his future daughter was a real fucking dick move.

>leave in Sins Past

Green Lantern Rebirth.

Barry Allen coming back.

Apparently nobody can treat a fucking bullet wound in the marvel universe

Was issue 13 during that fuck that was horrible

go aaaaaaaall the way back and remove Peter going to Dr Strange about his bad luck curse without talking to Black Cat first. They actually talk about it, she's with him when Strange does his wumbo rather than in a fight to the death with Sabretooth, meaning she doesn't two-time him with the foreigner to get back at him, meaning she doesn't bugger off to the other side of the world for six months, meaning Peter isn't single for MJ to make her move, meaning he and MJ never marry, meaning OMD never happens.

>leave in Sins Past

Isn't it still canon in the comics that Peter was bitten by a radioactive spider, even though it's no longer canon that the spider being radioactive was what gave Peter his powers?
Is it even worth bringing up again to say that it never happened now?

yes, the spider was still radioactive. Peter having radioactive blood is still brought up as a plot point now and then.

>Peter having radioactive blood is still brought up as a plot point now and then
I feel like the catchy 60s theme song is the only thing keeping that aspect of the character alive.

Only one? There many!

If two, OMD and BND. If one, BND. That thing made think OMD was actually a good idea.

Use Wanda actually sounds better than the canon.

Superior fan too.

Thats like cutting the Speed Force from the Flash

Haven't catch up with hellblazer in a long time, what happened?

sometimes i just wish they'd draw a raging hulk cock under his clothes.

Oh please. People are just salty about Sins Past because they can no longer fap to pure sweet virginal blondie.

It was an attempt to give Gwen some much needed depth, but of course it backfired because that character is toxic.

But it was vastly better written than the shit from Slott, and objectivity speaking it's a much, much better comic on all fronts than OMD and OMIT.

Sorry your waifu likes to gobble Goblin but thems the breaks.

5edgy4me

This.

So in making a cheating slut out of a character that has been portrayed as the embodiment of innocence for over 40 years equals giving her depth?

>I-it backfired cause she's toxic
You contrarians are amazing

Peter trades his marriage and implied unborn child to Mephisto to prevent Aunt May from dying.

It's the reason I gave up on comics when trying to get into them when I was younger.

>Not loving Frankencastle

was aunt may like 80 years old in that version.

Why would you sacrafice 50-60 years with your qt wifey for maybe 5-10 more years with your senile aunt?

Nobody will never know.

ONE REMOVAL and you don't take out OMD, or Gwen Sleeping with Norman Osborne? come on now.

Because it's not that she would have died, it's how. She got shot because Peter dodged the bullet. In his head that would've made him guilty for her death. After Ben dying to the crook he could've stopped and basically killing Gwen with his web, losing May like that would've probably permanently ruined him.

That's like the one aspect of OMD I can understand.

Everything is Peter's fault in his head. Anything that has ever bad happened is somehow his fault to Peter.

On an unrelated note, I just love how they portrayed that in Civil War.
>If you have these powers and don't use them it's your fault when people get hurt

I actually love OMD because it's become a hilarious joke to me. I bring it up all the time and it pisses everyone off.

Spider-Man makes a figurative "deal with the devil" to save Aunt May, where by devil I mean Mephisto, and by figurative I mean get your coat.

I've read only bit of Sins Pasts; can someone exlain to me how the fuck the kids were adults?

Osborn's genes turned the healing factor into a rapid aging factor, basically.

The Totem was a tacky add-on to Spider-Man's back-story, the Speed Force was already well established with the Flash.

That's fucking retarded!

I'd remove Silk.

2pbp