Disney Infinity...its...its gone

Disney Infinity...its...its gone...
No....Nooooooooo

kotaku.com/disney-cancels-disney-infinity-1775846793

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2016/05/10/the-disney-infinity-franchise-is-over-as-entertainment-company-pulls-out-of-console-games/
archive.is/ujuWh
youtube.com/watch?v=QzHrkW5vrwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good. Maybe now Disney will license some actual games.

>direct linking to an article
>not just copying and pasting the first few relevant paragraphs

Loser.

>Disney is putting an end to their Disney Infinity toy-game line and discontinuing their “self-published console games business,” the company said today. After June, Infinity will stop getting new updates.

>Disney is also shutting down Avalanche Software, the Utah-based studio responsible for Infinity. As a result, around 300 people will lose their jobs. “This was a difficult decision that we did not take lightly given the quality of Disney Infinity and its many passionate fans,” Disney said in a statement.

>There will be two new Disney Infinity releases in May and June before the series ends for good: one based on Alice Through The Looking Glass, and a second from Finding Dory.

>“Our goal for Disney Infinity was to bring the best of Disney storytelling to life in homes around the world, and with your support we accomplished that,” GM John Blackburn wrote on their blog. “We hope you had as much fun playing the game as we had making it."

That last sentence right there is literally grade-school tier levels.

But they already do that. Star Wars Battlefront was a monster hit last year

Disney should just give up when it comes to making games in-house and just license all their stuff like they used to.

But keep Playdom and mobile games division. I like Where's My Water.

That's literally what they're doing.

It was also a crock of shit

Welcome to licensed games.

I am genuinely flabbergasted. They always seemed to be selling well, and God knows it seemed that the cross promotion between the films and the game was worth it's weight in gold!

So what happened?

Awww, I guess Johnny V. is out of a job now. I wonder where he'll wind up next?

That is subjective my friend. The millions it brought in for DICE, EA and Disney on the other hand are not.

I always wanted to try this, sadly I don't even have a device that will play it anymore

Not enough sales of the unpopular figures compared to the Amiibos, maybe

The first two Battlefronts were fantastic. A game being licensed doesn't have to equal bad.

You have to remember with companies this large it's possible for things to simply not be profitable enough, even though they make money.

MAHVEL WHEN

>That is subjective
No, it's not.

>inb4 Disney also gives EA a exclusive Marvel contract

I imagine that EA has the money to outright buy contracts, rather than wait for the rights to be optioned or whatever.

>MvC4 with no X-Men/F4 characters

Forgot it existed till I saw this post

>Mahvel
>without X-men characters
you know thats what gonna happen

Comparing anything to Amiibos isn't fair though since the people that buy Amiibos have actual, legit autism and seemingly infinite funds. The people that buy Amiibos don't even use them in games, they just collect them. Disney Infinity on the other hand was mostly appealing to kids who owned the games.

Never going to happen, man. It'll take Perlmutter retiring alongside a drastic shift away from his style of business in Marvel Entertainment, and by that time, Capcom might not even still be alive as a company. They can only ride on Monster Hunter hype for so long, and Street Fighter V isn't causing the third wave of fighting game hype like they'd hoped.

>After a thorough evaluation, we have modified our approach to console gaming and will transition exclusively to a licensing model
venturebeat.com/2016/05/10/the-disney-infinity-franchise-is-over-as-entertainment-company-pulls-out-of-console-games/

>>>toy

Keep it one place you fucking figure fiddling faggots

I can live without Sknitbub and Storm, but I'd miss DOOM.

Been a rumor going around that Sucker Punch going to make a Spider-Man game.

Also Sentinel. Cyke was already RIP

>and Street Fighter V isn't causing the third wave of fighting game hype like they'd hoped.

That's what happens when you release a game half fucking finished.

>kotaku
Off the trash.

archive.is/ujuWh

Such an ungrateful cunt you are. Jesus.

Sentinel will be replaced with Hulkbuster.

>MvC
>Without Sniktbub
CHECKYOURGARAGE

>tier levels

>wanting sknitbub when you could get ANTS

Wolverine is too iconic to the series
id be like Street Fighter without Ryu
youtube.com/watch?v=QzHrkW5vrwE

Here is a quote from Disney's last quarterly report on the subject. remember, Disney had their best quarter ever last quarter with a 3 billion dollar profit. And this is what they had to say about the Disney Infinity

>At Games, growth was due to higher licensing revenue from the success of Star Wars: Battlefront, partially offset by lower Disney Infinity results. The decrease from Disney Infinity was due to higher inventory reserves and lower unit sales volume. The decrease at Retail was due to lower comparable store sales and margins in Europe and North America as well as at our online business in North America, reflecting strong sales of merchandise based on Frozen in the prior-year quarter, partially offset by current quarter sales of Star Wars merchandise.

So basically, the supply was greater than the demand.

I think the fact that if you had the marvel set and you wanted any Star wars characters you had to go out and rebuy the damn thing. Making a customer rebuy a 60+ set is in advisable if you ask me

> Last two updates are the awful Burton Womderland movies (because the game needed another Depp) and some fish
> Despite admitting being satisfied with the quality of it, still kicks 300 people to the curb

Games is a fucking awful industry to work in. You can do everything the overlords ask and the knife that's been dangling over you will still slam down eventually.

>kotaku
ffs

It was only a matter of time that they would end it. As nice as the figures were, there were too many stupid characters and the ones that they did make they OVERWHELMED the pegs at stores. The walmart I went to the other day had an entire endcap full of SW characters. And by characters I mean a single character. Tons and tons of the same character. You're going to make infinite figures of a character no one wants and have them shelfwarm on the clearance rack years after the game has ended you're just asking for the whole thing to blow up in your face. Is there a child out there that tells his parents " I sure do hope I can buy Poe Dameron to go with my Mater and Yondu figures!"?

They could have made a killing on making the figures alone as a sort of FUNKO-pop like brand, because I would have totally bought Ahsoka or some random Marvel figure if it was larger and not bundled for a ded game.

How do you even fuck up a toy selling brand when you have every fucking series known to man under your jurisdiction? Star Wars, Disney, and Marvel universes and you still fuck that up.

Its kind of sad that this is the only decent Orange Buttcheeks Figure we're ever going to get.

Perlmutter seems to be the source of a lot of marvel related problems...

>the people that buy MY toys are perfectly normal!
>the people that buy THOSE OTHER TOYS are autistic virgin losers!

Don't forget e-sports

>gawker media
not even once

I reckon it wasn't selling very well.

I just wanted muh Kim Possible figurine dammit

Adam Boyes' new maid OR Dave Lang's new maid.

>mfw they missed the train like straight bustas.

Sup Forumsmblr is more than just a meme

>They were going to do Kim Possible
>They were going to do Mabel and Dipper
>They were going to do Darkwing

F-fuck...

They didn't even make a Ferb figure to go with Phineas.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MAKE A PHINEAS WITHOUT A FERB?

B-b-b-but it already happened, dudes.
Remember Marvel Nemesis?

Remember that marvel actually did a mini of that game?

Because I'm sure there are guys that do remember.

Disney only gave them the budget for two PaF figures and the creator aaid the other one should be Agent P to represent both sides of the show.

They cancelled figs for Doof and Candace, too.

You know, I was reading your post and partway through the first paragraph where you bring up the tons of the same character at stores, I knew even before I got to the end that you were talking about Poe. What kid would want his merch? He's barely in the movie and he's just another generic pilot.

Well if Phineas had sold well, maybe we would have gotten more of them.

fuck that game honestly
>inspired the shitty 3D Mortal Kombat games
>waste roster space on shitty OC's that are rip offs of much better characters that could have been in

Reminds me of PlayStation All-Stars
> Revealed to have plans for some cult classics like Dart from Legend of Dragoon
> EA throws money at them to put "also on X-Box" Isaac from Dead Space in alongside Zeus from God of War instead
> Studio shut down almost immediately after

Was the game fun to play? I never played it.

Given the fact that it banked on the release of the new and meh movie and also a new Battlefront after ten years were the reason Why it sold well even though the game was a piece of shit in the end.

Mobile Gaming ruins everything

>PlayStation All-Stars
Literally forgot that game even existed, took me a while to figure out what you were talking about. Holy shit

He did it because fuck kotaku, Seriously

Didn't help that All Stars was really clunky and slow for a copy of the game their were trying to rip-off, even the commercials for the game showed the game to be slower than fucking shit.

Plus like you said, company nonsense like getting Big Daddy and Issac in the game over actual PS exclusive characters, and no Snake because Konami thought it wouldn't be a good idea.

Plus on top of all that, no nep.

do tumblrinas like gawker media? i would think it's beneath even them.

SO THE POLL WAS FOR NOTHING!?

Who was left to add to the game series at this point?

everything is for nothing, user.

We want the sonic boom audience

they'll probably give the marvel videogame rights to warner bros since the lego games make them so much money

IT CAN'T HAVE BEEN FOR NOTHING!

Screw that. Disney vs. Capcom.

>Rashid vs. Aladdin
>Chun-Li vs. Mulan
>Rikuo vs. Ariel
>Haggar vs. Ralph
>Mega Man vs. Tron
>Jin Saotome vs. Buzz Lightyear

>Netherrealm makes Injustice: Marvel edition
what would happen?
Tony goes apeshit because Zemo killed pepper?

You should learn soon enough that when it comes to Disney, they literally don't give a fuck about you or anyone but their shareholders.

I don't understand why people don't get that the Disney Company is as blackhearted and crooked as EA and Comcast, but since they release a film about a sexy bunny and a snarky fox they're good people.

They're getting clicks from somewhere.
Even the format of the OP is pretty shitty, just look at it

Just one such example of this place turning to shit desu, gotten used to Sup Forums just being like this now

>Tony goes apeshit because Zemo killed pepper?

You leave Pepper out of this, it would totally have been about Osborn killing Aunt May and Spiderman going to Stark to get REVENGEEEEE

>PS All Stars gets Raiden
>Smash got Snake

>PS All Stars got DmC DINO (Dante in name only)
>Smash gets Bayonetta

>PS All Stars gets Heihachi (Which is cool cause it makes sense)
>Smash gets Ryu (Heihachi amiibo outfit)

>PS All Stars get Isaac and Zeus (Over Abe and Dart from LoD)
>Smash gets Cloud from FF7 (Despite people expecting him or Lighting in PS All Stars)

This whole comparison is like pottery. Especially Cloud in Smash Bros.

>Marvel already only interested in mobile games
>this is the nail in he coffin

Just

if they had the video game rights for marvel then they'd probably make a smash clone with marvel and dc characters

Does anyone have that picture of Darkwing Duck fighting a crap ton of Mabels?

>They're getting clicks from somewhere.
i don't get that they're tumblrinas though. i have a friend who sends links from their sites from time to time. the comments seem like a bunch of 30+ middle class squares and self-absorbed jew yorkers more than anything.

MGR Raiden is cooler than any Snake though

The fact that Iger and his investors said that a licensing model would be better shows that it's not a matter of meeting profit but not getting enough profit they want

Licensing allows to charge higher premiums and conditions to companies holding such IPs and its sales portion

Watch EA or Activision swoop in and get those licenses. I should've saw this coming with that Disney Crossy Road

I hope I will be able to snatch up the figures that are sitting in my local supermarket for cheap now.

So continuing down the path we've been for decades.

Hey, gotta offset the flat television revenue somehow, right? Especially since every fiscal quarter won't have a new Star Wars movie coming out that can cover those issues with Disney Parks events, merch sales, licensing and movie profits like the last fiscal quarter had.

>Giving clicks to clickbaitaku

Holy shit kill yourself my main man.

the rumor was based on some guy on neogaf describing his personal perfect spider-man game activision still has the spider-man license

>I don't know contexy

This was the one where you bought the game, and then you bought the toy to be able to play them in the game, right?

And they were surprised parents didn't want to shell out for every new one.

>No Venom
>No Cyclops
>No Gambit
still fucking mad.

that would be cyclops but marvel couldn't wait to suck sniktbub's dick some more

Gravity Falls characters, for one.
>inb4 poll results shunting them to in-game characters and environments
>but no figurines

It's a ridiculous model. but it worked for similar games like Skylanders and I think Lego Dimensions.

Welp, time to get two dollars for them on ebay.

>And they were surprised parents didn't want to shell out for every new one.

You're right. Although they did for some of them. Finn and Rey, Luke and Leia, Kylo Ren, The Avengers based characters from Cap to Nick Fury to Loki, Jack Sparrow, Mickey Mouse etc.

It was all those characters that were either very minor in their property or from a failing property that brought everything down. Toys based on characters like the Lone Ranger ones, or the Tron ones or Poe Dameron from Force Awakens.

> Skylanders
Did it really sell good? Wow.

What the fuck was even the point of this game? I only collected a few of the figures cause I liked the way they looked. No idea what the game is even about.

Nigga Skylanders fucking made the idea of "toys to games" popular and profitable in the first place