Captain America: Civil War

If it was a fight to the death, which team would have won?

I wish it was a fight to the death. Something that might raise the stakes of this glorified exhibition match.

ANTS stomps most of the heavy hitters, Wanda beats vision via targeting his stone, the rest team up to take out BP.

Pretty sure Team Iron Man.

I think spidey sense throws a wrench into that. ANTS wouldn't know that he'd be the primary threat until spidey would have enough time to analyze whats going on and countermeasure.

Giant-Man would have obliterated everyone while Scarlet Witch takes care of Vision.

Iron Man. If Scarlet Witch and Ant-Man were more experienced, they might have been able to hold off the sheer volley of machine gun, laser, and missile fire, but as-is it was hard enough for them to get two people from point A to point B, and even that was with Vision basically doing nothing for most of the fight.

Not the team with the wishy washy widow

Could movie spider-man save himself from a swarm of flesh eating ants?

Fuck no, the less this has to do with comic Civil War, the better, and I want to see all of them in Infinity War.

I don't know. This comes down to more then just individual power sets. Can't forget Steve's leadership abilities and history of warfare. Pretty much anything the suits can dish out could be blocked by SW while Cap directs counters, like ANTS and Hawkeye doing theyre thing to disable heavy weaponry.

To be totally honest I would have preferred if they just didn't do anything Civil War related. This movie didn't seem like the third act of a Captain America trilogy, but rather Avengers 2.5 with no consequences .

With Morals off IM would've been fucked the second ANTS got inside, War Machine would've been destroyed by giANTS as would Tony or Spidey and Vision is beat by Wanda. Bucky, Cap and Hawkeye would've needed to get the fuck out of there as soon as possible. Hawkeye fucking everyone's shit up from a distance.

Cap's superior strategy would've helped also.

Always bet on pym particles.

The only true threat due to unpredictability is Spidey who, eventually when Wanda was done with Vision, would've been dealt with.

Because you can't really make solo movies anymore in the MCU.
Everything's way too connected, and making a solo Cap movie with the ending of AoU wouldn't have made any sense.

Yeah, but it would have been a better movie.

Depends on how Dark Phoenix Wanda can go. If it's limited, Team Iron Man wins easily due to Vision not holding back (and also Tony and Rhodey actually using their weapons properly).

Wanda could win it if she can go X3 Jean on everyone, though.

Civil War was pretty fine as it is.
At least we know the Russos can handle team-ups for when they make Infinity War.

>ANTS stomps most of the heavy hitters

War Machine could have used his weapons directly on Scott instead of shooting up the bus, you know. They had trouble with him because they didn't want to kill him.

I will agree with that. For what they were trying to do, it was done extremely well. I guess the MCU has just gotten too big for the type of story I enjoy

Steve didn't show any special leadership. His "I'll take Vision" idea would have been a disaster. Although he did do better than Tony "I have a plan - Attack!" Stark.

why did spidey lose to captain america
spider sense shits on immediate close combat situations, and the only other thing captain america has is his shield if not close-up attacks, which, again, by virtue of spider sense's almost-precognitive ability coupled with spidey's reflex, he should have put up a better instead of it being a stalemate

though i guess i understand that petes was like "oh shit im fighting captain america how cool!" would have distracted him from the fight and it could be a reason, and he did put a pretty good fight imo (went against three avengers and only came home with a minor bruise) but idk, realistically, spiderman > captain america in an immediate combat situation with no preparation

but hey, it's better than being hit by a stray bullet (or in this case, a stray arrow.)
i really hope marvel does good with spiderman, and so far, i'm pretty pleased with the fact that, at the very least, he gave three avengers trouble

yeah, antman wouldve fucked iron man the moment he was in, and wanda has an advantage over vision and pretty much everyone else. cap's side would have eventually been victorious because of wanda being on their team, since the only person that could have given them trouble was vision, which, reiterating from earlier, she has an advantage over him anyways

THANK YOU BASED RUSSOS