MCU

Why are none of these people ever mentioned in the movies? No "real world" reasons like not enough money, what is the canon reason?
Season 1 of Daredevil: Foggy mentioned Thor.
Season 1 of Jessica Jones: She mentions Thor
Have the movies ever mentioned them?
Kilgrave has mind control, why hasn't Shield ever detected him? Or someone with Super Strength or being Indestructible?
Is this related to the super soldier serum at all?
What?
How are they gonna tie the Netflix Series to the rest of the Universe?
I've never watched Agents of Shield, or Agent Carter, do any of their shit ever matter?

Because MCU is kids-friendly and you can't really associate it with the likes of Daredevil or Punisher, who are ambiguous at best rather than pure "good" like say, Captain America or Thor.

All TV/Netflix series references movies all that time. It's the whole selling point of them and why they exist.

Movies just don't. No cannon reason. The writers just simply don't or Feige doesn't allow them because he is does not like Perlmutter or whoever runs Marvel TV production

In season 2 of DareDevil it's mentioned that every Tom, Dick and Larry confound them is putting on a mask and fighting crime.
For big shots like the Avengers to even mention these literally whos is beneath them.
Judging from Tony and Spidey, Tony's probably keeping taps on DareDevil, Jessica, Luke, whatever, but otherwise you might as well be asking "HEY WHY HASN'T METALLICA EVER MENTIONED MY GARAGE BAND??? WE MAKE MUSIC TOO!!!"

Because the Defenders and SHIELD aren't public and a big thing.The guys who slap around thugs obviously heard about the guys saving countries, but not the other way around.

>Why are none of these people ever mentioned in the movies?
Because they aren't involved with the events in the movies.

In an interview, one of the Russos mentioned that DareDevil was going to take Ant-Man's place before a last minute change, so it's not like they're actively ignoring the Netflix capes, it's just that there hasn't been a reason to just shove them in a movie yet.

>what is the canon reason?

Jessica is a completely unknown private investigator, and Daredevil is regarded as a murdering psycho.

Cage has a complete aversion to superheroics.

>Kilgrave has mind control, why hasn't Shield ever detected him?
How the hell would they? They don't have a computer that tells them that someone is using superhuman abilities. If someone tries hard enough to lay low, they will.

Learn to read the news feeds. The events of the Netflix shows pop up on the news feed during AoS and some times WHiH. The events of SHIELD and the movies pop up on the newspaper frontpages of the Netflix shows.

It's not that, it's because more people watch the movies than the people who watch the shows.

The people who watch the shows have most likely seen the movies.

It's like a hierarchy thing.

Because they're bad

When will Willa Holland and her team up for lewds

They're street level. They're under the Avengers' radar for the most part.

Judging by Civil War it's possible Tony's aware of them, but didn't bother bringing up Daredevil as a potential ally because it seemed unlikely he'd be on his side.

They'd maybe be on SHIELD's radar, but right now they're dealing with the Inhuman outbreak as well as the ancient Inhuman that Hydra brought back. A blind guy with improved senses and an alcoholic with super strength aren't priorities.

Were there even any references to Ultron in DD S2?

By your fucking retarded logic, every single comci book should have a substantial reference to every other comicbook that's being published at the time, resulting in 700 page floppies, otherwise they ain't worth shit and not canon.
Fuck off.

Because what do they ever matter to Avengers or Shield? You think that Avengers are street level heroes? Well you're wrong. JJ and DD are pretty low key compared to Spider-Man. You should really think these things out first op.

Nope. Just New York Invasion front cover that's hanged up in the Newpaper office.

The TV/Netflix schmucks are too small scale to even be a blip in the movies. The Avengers got sanctioned because they were literally traveling to other countries and blowing shit up. Matt and Jessica just kind of hang out in their own hood. The only street level hero to pop up in the movies so far is Spidey, and that's only because Tony actively sought him out

>The events of the Netflix shows pop up on the news feed during AoS and some times WHiH
Pics

Because they're a bunch of literally whos with literally who problems compared to what the movie heroes
>Corruption in Hells kitchen and a dude in a black mask beating the shit out of people
>Better call in the Avengers!

>Alcoholic with weak super strength and shitty flight takeing on a mind controller
>Stop going after HYDRA guys, theres a manchild on the loose!
No one gives a shit about Hells Kitchen except for the people in Hells Kitchen

*compared to what the movie heroes deal with
not him, but I think during the Wtchdog episode of AoS this season there was something about Hells Kitchen on the news feed?

>why hasn't Shield

Welp thats your problem. SHIELD is gone and the las surviving member was killed by Zemo.

AoS not canon.

>AoS not canon.
So Phil "cheese" coulson is still dead?

Oh, so the Nick Fury and all the SHIELD agents in AoU were from an alternate earth or something?

Remember when Ross mentioned all those Inhumans appearing all over the world and consider them a big treat?

Not gonna happen.

What?
I don't watch AoS shit.
ANyway what happened to the general guy from Hulk?

He got promoted

Holy fuck Jessica Jones is retarded why didn't she kill Kilgrave, fucking shitty hero with retarded logic.

But she did

When Defenders is a thing at best you could get Stark mentioning them, cause he found out about Spider-Man

Help me get into Jessica Jones. I've sat through the first 2 episodes and I'm trying to will myself to continue- everyone is an asshole except for 2 people and I'm certain at least one of them dies

I don't really care if you watch it or not.

I honestly would have preferred Daredevil but it would have robbed us of the amazing giant man scene.

Nah, the Russos saw a golden opportunity with Ant-Man and they leaped at it.

Now, I love me some DareDevil but you can never have too much Rudd.

Because everyone's gonna know about the time the Avengers stopped an alien invasion.

Not everybody's gonna know about the time an urban legend stopped a bunch of ninjas nobody knew about.

Just stop bro its a shitshow. Too long for its own good

The real, honest reason is that there are more people who watch the films than watch the shows. So the shows are safe in referencing the films, but introducing show characters to the films could potentially be confusing to the audience.

And yes, the shows are canon in the films, they're just written to be standalone and watchable without having seen the shows. In Age of Ultron, Nick Fury shows up with a helicarrier that was fixed and supplied to him by Coulson. It isn't referenced in the film but the episodes of Agents of SHIELD that aired at the same time specifically show this.

As for the in-universe reason why the Netflix stuff hasn't been touched on. For one Daredevil is a masked vigilante who only deals with crime in a very specific area of New York City. He isn't fighting super-people and isn't on anyones radar.

Kilgrave had such perfect control over people with his abilities that he didn't leave a trail. Any time he had a problem he could literally just tell entire police departments to cover up his crimes and forget about him. And given his involvement with Jessica Jones if she did make herself known he'd likely actively work to prevent people like SHIELD from bothering her so that he could keep her to himself. And we know that Luke Cage keeps a low profile and doesn't promote the fact that he has super powers. As for Frank, he's just a guy with a gun, not the sort that would be on any of these peoples radars.

Besides all the super dudes and SHIELD are swamped with problems as it is, they can't chase down every rumoured super-person. Thor and Hulk wouldn't give a shit and Cap was busy until recently trying to find Bucky. The only one we've seen actively recruiting is Tony and he specifically picked what is probably the highest potential street level character in the form of Spider-Man.

At one point I think the Russos mentioned they toyed with the idea of Daredevil being in the movie, but they got Spidey.

Dogs of War (the biker gang from AoS) shows up in S2 Daredevil; an episode a few weeks back had a news crawl that mentioned the a gang war escalating in Hell's Kitchen.

that's now is my new head canon

Pretty much this. They're small people dealing with somewhat small events.

Jones and Murdock can discuss the movies because they're earth shattering events.
Spider-Man only get noticed by Stark because he wants him on his side.

Just now? It was always fucking obvious, man.

Fuck why is Jessica Jones literally the worst super hero ever.
Fucking lets everyone die when she has multiple opportunities to stop it.

>>AoS not canon
Fuck off Wheadon, it's all apart of the same fucking canon whether your autism likes it or not.

>spoilers
>months after the fact
who gives a shit?

Punisher > Black Widow/Hawkeye

also Spider-Man demonstrated super strength and reflexes in broad daylight while JJ and Daredevil operated at night and with little hard poof available about what they're capable of

I'm gay.

I appreciate it even though I already saw the series.

Keep being you, user.

Fiege is ashamed of the Netflix shows because of his loathing hate for Ike.

>Fuck why is Jessica Jones literally the worst super hero ever.
That's basically her gimmick. Though the show handled it poorly and made her retarded instead of just a general fuckup who makes bad decisions

She is literally retarded in almost every way, keeps on fucking up and keeping on killing EVERYONE she comes into contact with.

Tbh, Daredevil is the only one worth crossing over, if it's not forced. A good way to do it is with a Spider Man installment, because Peter himself is street level yet still deals with some pretty weird shit. Though I wouldn't do it in Homecoming. The best we can hope for is a joke where Peter gets mistaken for DD and gets pissed

It's been explained tons of fucking times.

It's basically a scheduling Hell. By the time a movie gets halfway made, the TV shows could have finished a season.

I forsee daredevil and spiderman meeting each other at some point

Why would they be? Their powers are so low-key that they don't seem to have any, and they're fighting petty crime in one neighborhood of one city.

She explicitly says why.

Didn't Charlie Cox said something about being in IW?

His contract says he has to appear in it if they decide to include him, but at this point there's zero chance he will.

I'll help you out.
Just skip all scenes without proto-Nuke.

Is there any way to generate a nude Rudd?

Aren't there 29 confirmed heroes in IW?

>zero chance
Why? Charlie Cox is a good actor, well recognized, and Daredevil in the comics has a history of popping up when big shit starts to happen.

they will never be in the movies.

and there not really in MCU.

deal with it TV fans.

russo's and disney even recently admitted none of the netflix stuff will even be in infinity war.

its seperate now just is

NOT COMPUTING

Can you provide a source? I'd love to be able to think that The Defenders and Frank will have a role in Infinty War.

They said there will be 67 returning characters. No clarification on how many of those were superheroes.

Because Feige and Perlmutter hate each other. The shows reference the movies because it's their biggest selling point, but the movies referencing the shows would just be giving Perlmutter free advertising, and Feige doesn't want that.

I hope at the very least we get a Kingpin post-credits scene.

NUDE
RUDD

>Frank
Daredevil I can see, but what the fuck can Punisher do to fight Thanos?

when Claire says "we're not taking him to my place, been there done that"
fucking shitty hamfisted GAYness

What can Black Widow do?
At least Frank uses big guns as opposed to only dinky little pea-shooters.

I agree, Black Widow uses tit powers to kill bad guys, there's no reason she should be alive right now. She doesn even have an abilities.

He could shoot aliens or something while the big hitters fights Thanos.

THIS IS NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK ARE YOU SURE?

>What can Black Widow do?
Hot dog Thanos's giant purple knob with those tight buns.

Yes

>year of the lord 2016
>not thinking Frank can frank the everloving frank out of Thanos.

No one even knows Daredevil has a power other than his close friends. Why would anyone know about him?

Also maybe they do know about him. Tony showed all the clips of Spidey and we had no indication before that he had them.

OK

>Thor
>Good

Took her way too fucking long to kill Kilgrave, 13 fucking episodes when it could've been done in four.

There is literally nothing wrong with the movie. Not being the genre of movie you wanted isn't a real criticism.

>spoiler
That's really the core of the shows problem. It's a potentially fantastic mini-series spread out over thirteen episodes padded with useless bullshit. You could do it with just the first episode, the house episode, the cage episode and the final episode and it would be significantly better.

who is this and is there more?

What's Daredevil going to do that Punisher couldn't? Tell when Thanos is lying?

Deal with his minions better than others.

>There is literally nothing wrong with the movie

There is no way Tony would let Jessica Jones anywhere near any of his properties. She'd drink him out of literal house and home.

They're still in the same continuity. Even if the Netflix characters never gets a movie appearance, they'll probably cross-over with Agents of Shield at some point.

Name anything.

It was an unambitious but solidly-constructed story.

No one knows who the hell JJ is and the only people who might possibly care enough to notice DD are Spidey and Cap.

I imagine the series would get a little awkward if Matt Murdock suddenly wound up in Superjail.

I think it's very possible Tony knows. After all he was aware of Spider-Man and knew who he was, presumably by having Friday crunch the numbers or the kid got careless and pulled off his mask in an alley but some ATM or traffic or store security camera managed to get a view and Tony uses his CSI ENHANCE! button to get a clear view.

Anyway I suspect Tony is keeping tabs on potential heroes for awhile now, but only Spidey had the qualifications that interested in him. Kid was fast, strong, had webbing to capture people, and being a kid he was ridiculously easy for Tony to manipulate/bribe/threaten (Tony did all three). Jessica is strong but a mess and frankly anti-authoritarian. Daredevil is fast and may obey the Accords insofar as they're legal but he's not strong or durable enough. Luke Cage has unbreakable skin but his combat skills are a bit rough, plus I'm not sure he'd march to Tony's fife. Iron Fist is...an unknown quantity at the moment. Same with Strange, who has been mentioned before in the MCU, but he's got his own movie coming out soon and unlike Black Panther I cannot see Tony trusting magic.

>what the fuck can Punisher do to fight Thanos?
Don't you Frank, user? He'd obviously be the most capable of defeating Thanos by getting in the Mad Titan's comfort zone and giving him his best Frank Face. Thanos freaks out and panic punches Frank but Frank naturally withstands the normally bone powderizing force. Then it turns out when Thanos punched him he stole one of the Infinity Gems and loads it into a revolver. He then shoots Thanos through the head with it despite the fact that the gem clearly has no propellent.

Total bullshit? Yes, but that's how it always is when Frank Franks the Franking Universe.

>characters are never even mentionned
>wants a canon reason
You might be retarded. If they gave a canon reason they'd get mentionned.

>How are they gonna tie the Netflix Series to the rest of the Universe?
Nah.
>I've never watched Agents of Shield, or Agent Carter, do any of their shit ever matter?
No.

AoS tonight established that the Sokovia Accords are also a SHRA and not just something to reign in the Avengers. Do you think any of the Netflix shows will address something like this?

No.

>SHIELD aren't public and a big thing
SHIELD is present in 6 fucking MCU movies, just not the cast of the show.