Marco Polo

Just binge watched this, can someone explain to me why critics fucking hated it?
>Benedict Wong as the perfect casting choice
>on location filming
>massive sets and detailed costume designs
>almost a completely Mongolian or Chinese cast
>while it is a fiction, it respects Mongolian culture and history
>great pacing and decent acting
Seriously, this was great and there will never be a season 3...

Why do critics hate this?

>white lead
give you 3 guesses

Marco Polo was a Venetian...of course he'd be white. Fuck off, nobody actually complained about him.

Normies couldn't into kung-fu. That and the shoehorned sex scenes made for a weird tone at first. That tone also ended up being a big reason why it was so comfy.

>shoehorned sex scenes
Name one occasion where this happens, where it didn't advance or deal with the plot.

It felt like it was trying to meet some retarded showtime, hbo, game of thrones sex scene quota.

But name an example of it being shoehorned. Brothels and orgies were common, concubines were common, multiple wives were common.

critics were just too pleb for kung-fu, not realist enough

I haven't watched it in a while. Maybe the fact that all the sex scenes are with perfect 10/10 of women, with perfect hair and teeth––like models plunked in for cheap T n' A. That, when put up against kung fu and other parts aiming for historical accuracy, just made for a weird tone.

>attractive concubines being attractive
>ruined the immersion
Khans don't fuck under 9 bruh.

It's not so much to do with the woman, or the sex, it was just the tone, of, """SEXY""" It's whatever. It didn't bother me and it didn't keep me from liking the show, but critics probably went in expecting a 100% serious historical drama. Normies can't into fun unless its capital F FUN.

how can you know it respects mongolian culture and history
how much do you know about it

I know quite a bit actually. The story is a historical fiction, in relation to the personal events of the show, but it doesn't make Mongolians out to be cartoons.

White lead meant it wasn't diverse enough.

It was fucking great but the need for having a Marco Polo was lost after a few episodes. I'm still mad that they cancelled it.

I liked his relationship with the other characters, I was hoping it would eventually align with history though, as him and the Khan left on good terms and were friends.

That's the thing though, he wasn't even necessarily the lead, he was just sort of the fish out of water POV into a world with bigger players. It's telling how much these people will crow about diversity, and then not watch the shows that feature diverse people.

These capchas are fucking killing me.

I was really upset they canceled this, Benedict Wong as the khan was great

>It's telling how much these people will crow about diversity, and then not watch the shows that feature diverse people.
White people simply don't want to be seen in a bad light but they don't actually want to watch anything with shitskins in it.

And sometimes I feel like asians don't count for diversity and it's still "okay" to be racist against them.

They fucking did WHAT?

>REEE SHITSKINS
take it to Sup Forums, faggot. Use big boy words to describe minorities. We aren't children.

The show got too expensive and wasn't making them money.

It's okay to be racists against asians because they're generally perceived as intelligent and successful, and so don't trigger white guilt as hard.

>t. shitskin

>t. Sup Forumsfaggot
I'm white, retard.

not enough meme potential to reach to the netflix crowd like 13 Reasons and Stranger Things

would the netflix audience want a show about mongolian history or a high school drama where some whore leaves tapes about fucking chads

I can tell you have great opinions.

thanks

Literally sjw reviews. The show is better than 95% of the fresh ratings these critics hand out

>Italian
>dark hair
>dark eyes
>white

why are you getting so upset, pussy?

I'm not?

It's almost like "white" is a meaningless generalization.

uhh like you totally are?

Sounds like you want me to be, faglord.