Now that the dust has settled, thoughts on Cloud Atlas, Sup Forums?

Now that the dust has settled, thoughts on Cloud Atlas, Sup Forums?

Gigantic turd

Loved the ambition, disliked the delivery

I remember being frustrated with how little the trailers were telling me, and then not watching it

The love story was great.

the worst song played on the ugliest guitar

this so very much

and it is better to have tried and failed than not tried at all

I deserved to be more than the sum of its parts, but wasn't, sadly.

Plebs can't follow stories like this. Multiple settings, timelines and characters are 'too confusing'. This is why we can't have nice things.

cult classic and a real treat

maybe a bit of an acquired taste

i enjoyed it, giving people makeup to make them look korean was retarded though

good movie tb.h

Does this have WOMEN in it that are actually MEN and vice versa?

It got better as it went along.
- First story was mediocre and preachy
- Second story was just mediocre
- 3rd and 4th were quite good,
- 5th was the best, not surprising since visually arresting sci-fi is kinda their wheelhouse
- 6th starts out annoying, gets good, and then ends just a little too pat for my taste.

Why they made a trilogy of the hobbit and tried to cram this whole book into one movie is beyond me,

It's abysmal, at least it's over faster than the shitheap of a book

Generally faithful to the book, but some of the makeup was silly to the extreme.

i remembered more about this movie than I do any other movie in recent times

I hate homosexuals.

>Why they made a trilogy of the hobbit and tried to cram this whole book into one movie is beyond me
If you can't honestly figure this out for yourself then there is no hope for you.

It was good except forced gay story.

9/10 style; 3/10 substance

why couldn't they tell one story after another instead of jumping around all the time

annoying as fuck desu

The different stories are objectively listed best to worse here:

>Frobisher
>Cavendish
>Sonmi
>Luisa Rey
>Adam Ewing
>Zachry

Cloud Atlas is actually a big budget Indie film. All of the funding came from smaller, private sources.

Bless the people who made this weird, artsy, niche thing a reality.

correct

It's a beautiful film, clearly a labor of love.
It has some issues and jank factor, but it's rare to see something unique and personal in theaters these days, especially made with any kind of budget.

This applies to the Wachowskis other recent projects as well, Speed Racer, V for Vendetta and Sense8.

Say what you will about them, at least their films are always interesting, unique, and in my opinion very entertaining.

advanced black people
true true

great

just like sucker punch it's misunderstood masterpiece

One of the more ambitious films I've ever seen. It's not without flaws, but I absolutely loved it. Unique concept and story that activates the almonds. It'd have been a miracle to nail this story, but they did a good enough job.

Get the feeling it'll be more popular in 2022 than it was in 2012.