PLEASE STOP BUYING OFF THE INTERNET

PLEASE STOP BUYING OFF THE INTERNET

YOU ARE KILLING LOCAL BUSINESSES

SIGNED, ANONYMOUS

Other urls found in this thread:

web.inter.nl.net/users/Paul.Treanor/neoliberalism.html
foxbusiness.com/features/2016/03/01/disney-workers-forced-to-train-their-foreign-replacements.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Please stop using capitalism, you are killing capitalism, signed user

Local businesses are dirty and stupid.

The sooner they disappear the better.

u sayin i have to leave my house to buy shit?

All that space would be better used for office buildings, apartments, or businesses that provide a service.

Amazon so much more convenient than driving in traffic with a bunch of retards to a horrible box store and putting up with retarded retail staff, waiting in checkout lines, and paying more for the same product.

At least ordering online I dont have to worry about getting robbed by taco bowls or tyrones or shot up in a active shooter scenario.

> Please keep our failing business model on life support.

Shit now that we have a distribution center close to town we have single day shipping and now grocery stores are forced to actually compete. Can't wait till we get drone deliveries.

... but Fry's is an internet business, because they're not stupid. Apparently local businesses are too stupid to figure out how the web works. I don't choose to support stupid people.

Stop buying refrigerators! You are killing the ice delivery business!

How about you just expand your business to have an online store?

>limiting my customer satisfaction to keep mom and pop faggots afloat

More stores need to adopt that Montezuma aesthetic.

I used to say suppor local business too. I asked them to buy cheap things and markup from there instead of $40 Monster wires for example. So, they bought $3 wires and charged $20 for them. Local can go fuck itself.

Literally doing and buying everything on the internet and supporting every business that automates.

There's nothing you can do about it.

this.

go with the time op. Everything ends at some point. Why stop the evolution?

supposedly thats frys thing.
They have a space themed one near me but mine is just a big warehouse. Maybe roman/greek columns but no bad ass aztec snakes.
fucking lazy ass store manager.

But do they pay the tax and offer free shipping?

liberal taxation and policies are killing local businesses. why do you think people shop online instead of locally? maybe if businesses werent taxed to shit and forced to hire useless deadweight labor to fill in racial quotas they would have lower overhead costs and remain competitive

Fry's is the shit the one near San Diego has a Yakuza theme

Fry's is kroger, they're doing just fine.

Yeah, they do that here.
You primarily buy it from their website and they ship it out but if you can't be bothered you can visit their shops around the country which mostly serve as warehouses with one small part as a store desk

When local business don't stock the items I want then they are useless to me. I can always find exactly what I want online.

You have more choice on the internet.
Also, I don't know if it's the same in canada/USA but here when you enter a specialized shop they always come to you to ask what you came for.
What can't they let their customers watch what they have and wait for the customers to ask if he need help.
I'm sure I'm not the only one that go to another shop to buy the same thing just because of that.

But I cant get anything I want here.

PLEASE STOP BUYING CARS

YOU ARE KILLING THE HORSE CARRIAGE INDUSTRY

Stop buying electronics from China you are killing American industry!

Still they pump up their prices for ridiculous margins like pointed out. If they cant compete they can fuck right off

I WILL START BUYING IN PUBLIC AGAIN WHEN PEOPLE START ACTING LIKE HUMAN BEINGS IN PUBLIC AGAIN

the ONLY thing i ever go out for physically anymore is grocery, and am even considering supplementing that with PeaPod

i am beyond done with absentee parents letting their fucking monkeys run wild, i am beyond done with faggots who purposefully block/get in the way of others like some kind of faggot stand your ground zimzam and i am especially beyond done with people who have no fucking concept of personal space and climb all over you like you are a 9 year old german girl getting ficki ficki

this goes for both the other customers and ESPECIALLY the sales staff who command the entire english language except the words "no thanks"

fuck you all im shopping online

> Fry's
> Local Business

>Fry's
>local
kek

also, fpbp

I do my best but usually when I need something like parts for a cell phone jammer I have to use the internet! Rat Shack doesn't have what I need.

Yeah, never did get why these people dont all do both. If you open an internet business, then you need a house for your wares. Slap some doors are your wareshouse and you have a shop! Now you get local and interstate business.

Because sales staff and in store product descriptions are useless. The only reason to go into an electronic store is to try out something in person like a tablet or TV, then immediately cuck them by buying it online.

Researching online is the only way you'll buy exactly what you want.

Lower your prices, don't give me that mom n pop bullshit

The parking charges and retail rents killed the local shops more than the internet ever did.

In this town I used to be able to get anything, from a new piano to a clothes peg, then they started to charge for parking when it was always free and then that changed to pay for it by phone, which is a right pita.

t.jewish pawn

>mfw drone delivery is the final nail in the coffin

What are some good drone stocks to invest in?

I get what you are saying but that's not suitable for every warehouse or business.

Actual warehouses where work gets done have tons of forklifts, reach trucks, turret trucks, clamp trucks, etc constantly going around everywhere. It is not really suitable to have unaware pedestrians walking around shopping. It would be unpleasant for the workers and customers. No one is going to put on hearing protection to visit your place of business unless it is a shooting range.

Sam club and wall mart are a good example of this. In the end they are both setup to be a store, one is just an excuse to sell products in bulk with a membership fee. They still have actual warehouses used as distribution centers.

>hardcovers from Amazon cost the same as paperbacks from my local bookstore
I'll fucking pass thanks on the mom-n-pop jew

>Charging for parking
At that point you never go there anymore.

Pretty much, a warehouse isn't a place for clueless customers to wander around..

Doesn't the same argument in favor of internet sales also go in favor of free trade?

>Local stores are a dying breed, go with capitalism, the local jobs will be replaced by something else
>Local manufacturing is a dying breed, go with capitalism, the local jobs will be replaced by something else

i wouldnt let some clerk pick and choose my fruits/vegetables for me tbqh

fuck i wouldnt let my family do it. some things just need personal attention

Yes, seeing as it was free parking for 20 years previous to that point.
Same car park now costs £1 for an hours parking that cost nothing before, it just drove people away 7 the shops gradually faded.

If you cant compete then you die. Fuck off frys

If they match prices, why not. But in most cases they are 10-15% more expensive

But as soon as little boys pay some bangaldeshi to make a website with click and collect, implement a database of stock and pay someone to process payments, along with price matching against the big boys there is no profit left. I signed up to sell online through Amazon, they suspended my account with zero reason given. The only problem I could see was that I had undercut all their prices.

In the UK Internet sales are counted a distance selling and as such you are only covered by 14days worth of consumer rights. A high street shop give you upto 6 years consumer rights. In an industry rife with failures you'd be be fool to buy online.

You sound like someone who doesn't even have milk delivered!

I play the miniature wargame Infinity. In some parts of the country, like where I live, you literally can't buy the products at the local game stores.

Even more so the shop I frequent refusing to stock it even though the population playing Infinity here has exploded.

So yeah, I go online and enjoy free shipping and 30% off MSRP then use that store's tables to play on.

if you buy online or in store, the sale of goods act 1975 (i think) applies to both.

t. bought a laptop online from misco, it failed after a month, i sent it off for repair, it failed again, so i rang misco, used the sog act law and got a full refund.

When they don' sell sex toys locally, then they can just go fuck themselves.

Going by this thread why the fuck is Sup Forums supporting Trump then? Leave the jobs overseas you obviously dont care

Yeah people would die quick, simple as that.

Also another example of why it doesn't work for everyone is my company only sells to businesses. It wouldn't make sense at all for someone to walk in and buy the shit we make.

Support your local business means you are supporting your country. Don't be a cuck. Be a patriot instead.

Frys won't even match Amazon's cheaper prices even though they say they do.

Fuck them

Fuck I miss Fry's.

Local businesses don't sell what I want to buy.

The land space will make room for other things.

>why arent you buying overpriced shit in my store?
LOWER THE PRICES YOU KEK

There are some stores here that do but not much choice in the anime themes.

Next thing you know, there will be less reliance on print media, and more on digital, which can be uploaded, shared and updated in seconds.

>In the UK Internet sales are counted a distance selling and as such you are only covered by 14days worth of consumer rights. A high street shop give you upto 6 years consumer rights. In an industry rife with failures you'd be be fool to buy online.

trusty interweb retailers give you 3-6 months even if local law doesnt require it

most purchases are for relatively low amount of $$$ on quick-depreciation sectors so its rare for people to expect something to last 5+ years unless its a tv/washing machine/etc

Yea I worked in one of Wal Mart's large grocery DCs. Nice place to get hit by a 3 ton piece of power equipment or get cussed out by a dirty sweaty employee for not pulling a palet.

Every Fry's has a theme. Aztec, Egyptian etc. It's all made out of foam and skim coat plaster.

Yeah, I absolutely love going into my "local" Best Buy and having some asshole who doesn't know anything about the products I'm interested in be pushy and try to upsell me while I just want to browse. No. Fuck you.

My grandpa was having problems with his HDMI over powerline splitter he bought and he went to Radio Shack to ask how much it would cost to just get a regular splitter. First they told him it didn't exist, secondly someone else there told him it would cost $400.

When I was visiting him I checked out his setup and figured out exactly what the problem was, HDCP wasn't getting passed through properly. I already had a splitter that strips HDCP that I used for a capture card setup so I ordered him the exact same one off Amazon and it fixed the problem.

In short fuck local businesses.

leaf

Military robotics or defense companies like Boston robotics or something. Or BAE, boeing, rothco, general dynamics, etc.

Bump, no one has answered this.

What we need is a government run non profit e-commerce platform. Screw Ebay and their 13% fee.

Pretty much this.

Life is a giant scam, either you're a mark or you're a confidence man.

Probably you're right but Internet is a new marketplace.

supplement != total replacement
also local farmer stands >>> any shit you get from the grocery

Fry's is shit. NEVER BUY FROM THEM.

Every single purchase I've ever made from them is garbage. They literally sell used shit as if it was new.

>open 1k laptop box
>no documentation
>no laptop battery
>no cords
>laptop looks like shit

>open sealed blueray case
>wrong movie inside

It's like that every time, and then they employ mostly pajeets because they're cheap as fuck employers.

Too bad brick and mortar never has anything I want, so I have to buy it online. Between the shitty employees and that I have to see niggers when I go to those stores, why would I do that?

>match internet prices
Does that also include paying the sales tax for me?
Does that also include paying me for the gasoline which I wouldn't have needed to shop online?
Does that also include a time machine to so I can save all the time I wasted by coming to a brick and mortar store?

when local business actually carry what i want and don't have shitty help then i will shop there.

its basically an expression of neoliberalism:

web.inter.nl.net/users/Paul.Treanor/neoliberalism.html

>"act in conformity with market forces"
>"within this limit, act also to maximise the opportunity for others to conform to the market forces generated by your action"
>"hold no other goals"

it WOULD seem thats something Sup Forums is against, but its just too comfy

Capitalism in itself if done correctly can be self sufficient. Theres always going to be a materialistic populace, theres always a job to:
Make
Distribute
Grow
Transport
Sell
Research
Advertise
Repair products.

Local business are a venue and its just changing how it is held. So in 40-50 years there will be something that will kill the internet business. Its just evolution

Well I'm not trying to scam anyone. Not trying to get scammed either, although it still happens occasionally. When there are no longer people like my grandma and grandpa left there will no longer be businesses like that left. In their day you could go to Radio Shack and actually find the things you needed. Now because of some overzealous group of movie execs there are copy protections on the outputs of satellite receivers. That is never going to stop someone who would actually pirate a movie, but it is pretty good for confusing 50+ year olds who just want to watch the same thing on two TVs.

>maybe if businesses werent taxed to shit

You're paying to much in taxes.

Read the Internal Revenue Code and the State equivalent. Or hire a lawyer/accountant, they will be worth the money.

How about local businisses start selling online? Where is the fucking problem? Nobody said dont buy cars you will kill the horse wood thingies manufacturers

The smart of those manufactures went into the car business

But isn't stripping HDCP illegal? Why would Best Buy help with that?

transport business has never been doing better

I just mentioned that in another post, see I also elaborated a little bit on why it's completely pointless for it to be illegal. The products that strip HDCP are sold directly by Amazon and anybody can get one.

I'd say the difference is a nation isn't based solely on profit. Government is supposed to fight for its people and their benefit. That's why we elect them: to represent our best interests. No employee elects their boss. We pay government officials' salaries with taxes for this service, not the other way around like in a business.

A corporation in a completely free trade market would be perfectly fine laying off its entire workforce to employ Indians and Chinese at 50 cents a day. The equivalent in your analogy would be a nation genociding or deporting its citizens and bringing in third worlders with much lower standards or expectations.

usual argument is that it's more social.
>customer service
>personal relationship with salesperson
every single time i have ever bought something electrical from a store its somehow been fucked. dropped and kicked around i dont know. car parts, motherboards. shit fails after a few months even though its brand new and in a sealed package. if i buy off the internet, even tumbling around in the post it doesnt break. I cant explain this.

also, fucking salespeople. their job is to advise me on the best purchase. instead all they do is meme BEST PROCESSOR YES NUMBER ONE! EXCELLENT CHOICE SIR!
>try to ask about the frequency response curve and harmonic distortion in this 5000$ amplifier
>oh no sir, its denon/sony/chink shit i never heard of we only sell best quality merchandise the sound is crystal clear.
salespeople just fucking try to trick you into making impulse buys of whatever has the highest margin that week. if im at my computer i can look up reviews and spec sheets in peace before just clicking buy.

rat shack did this but the sales people never pushed the service because there was nothing in it for them

they favored the trendy high profit margin bullshit like cellphones and cheap chinese toys and completely wiped their asses with the builders and makers all through the mid 90s to mid 00s

all of us have now fucked off to places like digikey and mouser and you will never recpature that market it is too little too late

I have to play the evil capitalist here and admit that I like getting everything I want delivered the next day right at my door without wasting money on gas and parking lot tickets and wandering through a shitskin crowded hellhole just to be told that the item I was looking for is sold out.

Sorry bro, local business is dying.

Any solutions or visions beside lolberatrian "thats capitalism"?

Good points.

(Note: I agree, I just want to hear the argument)

if you are buying a $5k amplifier, they already know you believe directional cabling makes a difference and burning in headphones makes them sound better. you are basically free money to them, so they treat you as such

Consolidation. Stores like Wal-Mart will survive and specialty stores are going to die off. When I want something now I usually go to Wal-Mart. It's a terrible place filled with terrible people (I always go to the one in Dearborn so it's a mix of Muslims and blacks, the Mexicans aren't usually that annoying though) but I can get what I want right away. I bought my TV and a radio there recently. Pretty much every other item I purchased I got online.

It was a good question user.

its already a reality:

foxbusiness.com/features/2016/03/01/disney-workers-forced-to-train-their-foreign-replacements.html

I also want to point out salesfolk are shit. I went to buy a laptop last winter. I knew precisely what model I wanted and despite all I needed was the guy to do was go get it from the back, he still tried to upsell me. I told him if he tried to do it one more time, I'd drive home and buy it on Amazon just out of principle. Unless it's an emergency part I need right then (bikes, computer hardware, etc.) fuck retail, son.

>Match*

Nice try you fucking jews. You only match from other shitty retail sites like Best Buy and Walmart.

Yeah I know your malls, I had to go to a mall near St. Louis once because wes stopped there at our roadtrip from Iowa to Tennessee and oh my god, niggers wearing 3/4 pants and white t shirts and some kind of turbanized bandana or whatever, horrible.

I liked it much more in Naples, Florida.

I agree with you, probably they will just merge everything with food selling stores, that may be the only thing to get people out of their basements. So yeah we will have gigantic mega walmarts and Amazon probably.

This belongs in a YRYL thread

And for cheap, I work in proAV and needed to use a Blu-ray player as an input to a video conferencing system that didn't support HDCP...grabbed a box off amazon for 26.00...done, problem solved.