Recommend me recent British comedy shows and movies

Recommend me recent British comedy shows and movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bQJlro1ftOc
youtube.com/watch?v=Qi8qX8tkm_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mindhorn looks good, I might go and watch it.

God damn Alan Partridge is good

Rare instance of a good movie following on from a TV series.

American, so don't exactly know too many, but I'm crying laughing over The Trip to Italy series currently, and it's beautifully directed as well. (What other Brydon stuff is funny btw?)

Otherwise stuff like Snuff Box, Peep Show, Inbetweeners

If you're not familiar w/ lovable documentarian Louis Theroux you might enjoy him

Why doesn't Sup Forums like Count Arthur Strong? Also, where's season 3 and where do I get that christmas radio special?

>If you're not familiar w/ lovable documentarian Louis Theroux you might enjoy him
those are solid documentaries, not comedies.

>Why doesn't Sup Forums like Count Arthur Strong?
Toast of London does it better

Yeah, no shit, i was being facetious w/ the arsenal thing but the earlier stuff is deeply comedic, Weird Weekends and such.

They're very different, Count Arthur Strong is a senile old man, most of the jokes are about him being senile.

The Thick of It is probably the best Britcom of the last decade. The movie spin off In the Loop is worth a laff too

I've already watched everything you mentioned except for The Trip and inbetweeners

is that still fun if I don't give a fuck or know anything about UK politics?

Yes. Also watch In the Loop - its the semi-sequel to The Thick of It, but it has more American politics.

Sightseers. And Antiques Roadshow.

Mindhorn looks awful

You don't need to know too much about UK politics but there's a lot of popular culture references that you'll miss unfortunately.

british comedy peaked in the late 90s and early 2000s

its not very good rn

>peaked in the late 90s and early 2000s
Didn't everything?

music

probably should just watch veep if hes american, it being the american version of the thick of it made by the same people

chris morris of brass eye wrote some of it

OI
youtube.com/watch?v=bQJlro1ftOc

based on this pretty much youtube.com/watch?v=Qi8qX8tkm_M

I'm impressed that they managed to make a film based on a British comedy series where they didn't go on fucking holiday

If you like cringe comedy like Peep Show, check out Chewing Gum. It's on Netflix.