New 52 Supes

Am I the only one who liked Supes in the New 52?
I thought the younger design added a fresh element to him he didn't have in previous designs.

Him being a bit brash and arrogant made him a bit more interesting in my opinion.

I also enjoyed him being in a relationship with WW, instead of LL. Him being in a relationship with another superhuman could add plenty of dynamics for Supes which LL simply cannot bring to the table.

I feel a bit sad we're getting that grandpa-face Supes back in Rebirth, with his relationship with LL re-established.

Considering they are killing him to replace him with the pre-52 version...yes, you are the only one.

I hope they don't.
I think it would be good if they keep both, so that those who want Pre-52 Supes will be happy, whilst the writers can keep developing New 52 Supes.

Death & Return rehash happenin' right now.
Post-Rebirth seems to be Reign Redux.
I think he'll be back.
From speculations about the whole affair anyway.
Give it a year or so.

I Liked the New52 costume more than his other costumes

I doubt he's 100% dead.

I liked him, my biggest problem was that he hasn't gotten very many good stories outside pic related and Morrison's run. I also liked him looking younger, because while I love classic Supes he's always looked older, like a father figure, and not someone you could just pal around with.

They made everyone younger with the New 52, Arthur, Victor, I mean the only one who's age did not change is Billy. Wonder Woman was never aged up the way Bruce and Clark were, mostly because she's a woman and she was mostly drawn as hot.

Lois up through The Black Ring and immediately before the Flashpoint titles (and, for that matter, for her role in FP) was written pretty young and drawn that way as well.

It's really only in the last 9 months that they've been drawing her Mom style in the Lois and Clark mini. And yes, drawing Clark very much like a Dad (he actually is drawn older than Lois, by about 5-10 years, if we are honest).

Because he's drawn older, if he joins up with the current JL, he'll be with a group of people far younger than him, especially Vic.

>Am I the only one who liked Supes in the New 52?

yes.

>bit brash and arrogant
this barely happened, to the extent that it happened to him (versus happening with all of them coming across as brash, or arrogant or similar).

>they didn't really do anything with his relationship with Diana. With the exception of a few panels here and there where he interacted with the Olympians and the few kissing/date night panels, you could take most of the pages of New 52 Diana and Clark and 2000-2010 Diana and Clark and compare them, AND FIND NO DIFFERENCE.

the problem with nu-superman is they wanted to make wonder woman his canon ship and didn't want people to keep demanding he get back with lois, so they made lois a giant whore, but wonder woman / superman turned out to be shitty and boring and not at all as good as lois / clark, but they can't have nu-superman get together with nu-lois because they made her a giant whore.

And they couldn't pair him with Lana since she got BLACKED.
Admittedly, by about the best character it could be, but it's still weird.

I liked him too.

Costume was shit (better then his rebirth one though) power level was great I dident read enough Superman to say much about his personality.

No. You arenĀ“t the only.

the super dad has NOTHING .. Only one family .. Goodbye to everything of Superman world.. Thanks for making me hate super dad. good work DC.

To not notice so they brought him into Justice League.

This change..

only provoke more hatred .. new52 superman, it is the superman of this world, like it or not old fans ..

Now both New Earth as Earth Prime will have the same type as superman .. to change the past in the old universe will continue to exist as superman.

Maybe actually learn English before trying to complain in it.

I liked him in Action Comics by Morrison. I haven't even read the Superman title in the new52 because everyone says it's pretty bad.

Is the world ig enough for 2 or more Supermen

Well, it's comics so no one is ever 100% dead

Honestly, New52 Superman ain't that bad.

Anyone else remember that scene where Clark early in his career ends up on Earth 2? The one where Earth 2 Superman was talking down to him at the Kent farm before the reveal that he was going through a phase due to feeling lost since his version of the Kents died around the time he got out of high school.

Nope. I fully agree.

Maybe if the WW romance wasn't there I'd have liked New 52 Supes more, but man, it was so dull.

New 52 supes was rad, the WW relationship was dull as fuck though

There's a good 5 or 6 issues by Johns in there.

As for New52 Superman, I like him. Granted, Morrison had a lot to do with that, but Still, he's good. I do hope that Post-Crisis Superman and current Superman at least interact in a friendly manner.

But I also want Plastic Man in the JL, and a Plastic Man ongoing, and I'm never getting those again

I liked him, very much, for most of the reasons you stated. I think that despite being so arrogant (mostly in his younger days) he still had plenty of instances where he turned out to be just as much of a boy scout as pre-flashpoint Supes. I never understood why autists had such a problem with him. Hell, wasn't there an issue of Justice League where he tries to get one of the JL to adopt hamsters that belonged to a criminal he put away? God, what a fucking edgelord!

Ultimately I disliked the WW relationship. I feel like it never really went anywhere, nor was it well-justified. I do like how butthurt Bats was about it.

>There's a good 5 or 6 issues by Johns in there.
Oh yeah, the Men of Tomorrow arc was really cool, even though JRJR tried his damndest to ruin it with wonky art. The final issue of Johns' arc was one of my favorite Superman one-shots of all time.

>I thought the younger design added a fresh element to him he didn't have in previous designs.
>Him being a bit brash and arrogant made him a bit more interesting in my opinion.
>I feel a bit sad we're getting that grandpa-face Supes back in Rebirth, with his relationship with LL re-established.

Stop reading Superman.

I liked the supes wondy relationship. I thought it was a lot better than having to repeat the Lois and Clark stuff again and way better than having him date a prostitute with a heart of gold like earth one supes.

Didn't Post-Crisis Superman also go through a phase when he was a bit more impulsive then he is in the current era? I recall that getting mentioned at some point even if it wasn't on the same level as New 52 Clark starting out. Either way, he grows out of it.

liking him for all the shit reasons

No you are not OP. Morrison Action Comics legit kept me from dropping comics, and for the most part this brasher take on Supes has been refreshing. Also beard Superman is best Superman.

Not like Post crisis Superman had a lot of great in continuity stories in his books. He was marred by mediocre writers and shitty crossovers.Atleast Morrison's Action comics run was as unique a take as amazing. It was the best in continuity Superman run since they got rid of pre crisis Superman. It was a great homeage to golden age and then silver age superman, with recreating the same crazy story.
Pre crisis Superman is still the best iteration of the character

New 52 superman was cool, i loved how flawed he was. As great as pre52 superman is he's pretty boring, cool and great and I love him, but new52 superman was honestly a lot more interesting to read

plus he's hotter

We talking Earth-One or Earth-Two? Because I sure do love Earth-Two Superman

Haven't read a lot of Golden age, but silver and Bronze age superman is my favourite.

>when they announced they were continuing Post-Crisis Supes in Nu52 in "Lois & Clark" I got paranoid they would kill him off
>mfw they're just killing Nu52 Clark instead

It's like one of those tricky genies or monkey paw wishes.