Thor being able to hold her own against Odin himself without any kind of power-up or otherwise advantage

>Thor being able to hold her own against Odin himself without any kind of power-up or otherwise advantage

>Calling her Thor

You're the problem.

Did you really expect anything else at this point?

>Its still canon that Odin took on Galactus and were so powerful that they fought using their omnipotent minds
>It ended with a draw

So technically speaking, Whor is now stronger than Galactus.

That's not what happened tho

>Expecting Aaron to deliver something good
That only rarely happens. It is as rare as a shiny pokemon. Out of his entire Marvel run, only his Thor: GoT vol. 1 and 2 were good.

Both Galactus and a being stronger than Galactus have jobbed to Dude Thor so femthor is following the tradition.

Yeah because that other name is so clever

>Expecting Aaron to deliver something good
Well his creator owned series are great, he just doesn't seem to put much effort on his Marvel work.

Haven't been reading shit since Fear Itself, why is Odin an enemy? I thought he was legit

You guys must have been reading some other book, because the one i read had Thor powered by the strongest storm in the Solar system hit Odin with all she's got and gave him a bloody lip, then he literally said "I'm done" and the fight was over.

At no point was she even with him, or kinda even. This is why nobody takes the legit criticisms seriously.

He doesn't take change well, and he really doesn't like democracy

She zapped Brodin with the full power of the gigantohugemcfuck storm that is Jupiter's Red Spot. Has to be said it was the smartest piece of writing in the book so far though.

Thor (in his non-Skyfather state) and Silver Surfer both attempted to fight Odin 2v1 and lost. No way an imitation Thor like Whor should had even been capable of drawing blood from Odin.

That really shouldn't mean much to odin, thought. The guy can level galaxies and wreck several planets with his own hands.

Odin had the fucking fantastic idea of inviting his brother, The Serpent, to Asgard's courts. He went full batshit paranoid shortly after. You do the math.

and it didn't mean much. It just made him mad.

Sorry grandpa, its current year, comics are no longer a boysclub

Get on with the times and the strong ladies leading it.
If you don't like it you can get to that other chan with the retrogrades and the cripple

Don't you have to prep your wife's bull and his her son goodnight?

>the strongest storm in the Solar system
Should that even matter
Honestly, what is 1 solar system when you're fighting cosmic beings
What's interested is how you're ignoring how Odin even let the fight leave his throne room or the actual reason the fight ended (Loki stabbed Frigga, because of the opportunity created by Thor fighting Odin), or even the fact that Whor seems just as banged up as Odin meaning it's almost a stalemate

Why the fuck not you Thoron?
It's not like the original Thor's strength had nothing to do with magic, the same magic that now amps up the replacement Thor, if it was just his big strong manly man muscles and the power of having balls that makes him stronger than anyone then what does it mean that Odin is an old man???
Shouldn't that fact deduct points from Odin in your testosterone-means-all worldview?
She hit him with her best hammer-bestowed hits (with a planet or two) and the Allgrandfather was still standing, not beaten, how is that not even conceivable? How is that going beyond the capabilities of a god-powers powered human?
It's not as if Man-Whor was able to kill Odin with one mighty swing of his dick.
What exactly is the bar you're measuring Mjolnir's enchantments against here?
Because it looks to me that your only complaint is that *female* isn't being depicted as so inherently debilitating that even the powers of Man-Whor are lesser when bestowed upon a woman.

Like this has to be bait
There's no way someone's argument could devolve into this much confusing nonsense this quickly, especially with all those masculinity quips

Has anyone pointed out that whor should be incredibly weaker than thor since he was a God's power increased by the hammer well she's just a mortal soley powered by it.

I know this is bait but
>wishful thinking trumps the rules as established

she should be, but when have comics made sense?

She knocked him to the moon and beyond before that happened

Probably because Thor isn't a human to begin with. He's not even just asgardian.
And second because Female Thor would have way less experience both in combat in general and combat using Thor's powers.
And also because he is empowered by powers (see the pic related) beyond the damned hammer, you dummie.

You're a dingus, leave this site now you assblasted tumblrite

Nah, originally Thor was just a dude

>Thor was just a dude
It takes you 3 minutes on google to realize how stupid that statement is.

oh no, that must be really hard in a vacuum with very little gravity

Donald Blake, look it up

You mean from the throne room, right?

Original thor comics started with just a dude with the power of thor, that change later but he was just a dude.

Oh my god you dumbass, seriously it takes you 3 fucking minutes.
If you're gonna pretend like you know something at least make sure you get what you're talking about before spouting shit.

And how does this affect the fact it's already been retconned to him always being Thor?
user is saying "NAH he was just a dude so he shouldn't be stronger"
when the current situation is that he's not a dude.
Retcon for what Blake was still stands, for fucks sake.

Wasn't it that he was always thor and he didn't know it because he had sinned against odin and odin made him into a mortal?
Because I haven't gotten around to reading those comics just yet, so maybe you could post some evidence
So far, I've only read Thor comics from the past few years

Wait she fucking knocked him from asgard to Saturn? that's bonkers as fuck.

Bait can be full of valid points too. But yes, it must always include demeaning and infuriating statements to be bait.
I wonder what makes the reply more "bait" than the incredibly insulting (and derisive to the comic itself) instigating post???

But how much power does Mjolnir bestow? Remember that everyone in Assguard is an Assguardian god, the guy that shines Odin's throne is a god, so do you think that guy could go toe-to-toe with Odin? What if Odin didn't have any of his enchanted doodads? Hell, without those golden apples these guys don't even have virtual immortality. What was it that made Odin more powerful than everyone else?

Thor has been shown to be more powerful than other asgardians so there's that.

Nah, I think he was a doctor or something that found thor's hammer in a cave and then could trasformer into him.

>Bait can be full of valid points too
No, that's wrong
>it must always include demeaning and infuriating statements to be bait
That's wrong too

The demeaning and infuriating statements just make it more obvious
Without that, I'd just assume you were an actual retard

The other user is right. Blake was a vessel for Thor to walk among mortals and learn a lesson.

And then happened to where he was retconned to always having been Thor punished by Odin, right?

For the dude that is insisting on the "he is just a dude lol", shut the fuck up.
That hasn't been the situation since a long fucking time.

This post is a classic example

I'm not sure but I feel what matters now in Cannon is that that thor is still a God and incrediblystrong compared to other hero's and even without his hammer.

You're right, is a great example of bait

I barely remember, but I'm pretty sure she WASN'T able to hold her own.

Jeezus H. Thor! And Marvel has been sourcing the old stuff for ideas in all the books lately, haven't you noticed?

Yeah the canon is that he is a god, powerful even among asgardians. Beyond that there is more to him than the hammer.

But somehow a non-combatant that didn't spend a fuckton of time trainning gets the same power and ability to wield it, because well, it's comics. Whatever the writers and editors decide shapes reality even if it makes no sense through context.

They didn't re-retcon it you dingus, even if they did that wouldn't erase the fact that Thor, or rather "Odinson", isn't human.

Literally the first page of the issue OP posted is Odin getting punched into the moon with the hammer

WOW.

Yeah man, that pic clears this "is she Thor" argument right up.

Thanks.

What are you talking about?

Do you even follow the line of discussion?
Here:
I know it's hard but try to be coherent with what's being discussed.

Anyway, yeah she is Thor, since part of what makes him Thor is the hammer's power. That said him dropping the name is kinda silly.

Nobody's been arguing about that for a while
We're talking about if the hammer gives Jane the exact same strength that Thor has or if the hammer simply augmented his abilities and boosted them

But what's stupid is people keep ignoring the fact that Thor or someone with the exact same powers as Thor, wouldn't be able to take on Odin whatsoever
Let alone, the extent to which Jane and Odin are fighting now

That's getting a good hit in, and holding her own for a bit, but that's not a fight she was ever going to win.
Sending her up against Odin was always just a diversion to keep him from ending the revolt in seconds flat.
And what makes a worthy Thor has always been jumping into a fight that could be too much for you.

She shouldn't be able to hurt him unless he got a pretty big nerf.
Consider the level that Odin plays in, say Zeus can smash Hulk and other big fuckers like they're ragdolls. That's actually a piece of cake for Odin too.

>and holding her own for a bit
Dude
My entire point revolves around the very notion that her "getting a good hit" and "holding her own" should be impossible given Thor's powerset and someone with Thor's powerset
I'm sure she's a worthy "Thor", but there's a difference between jumping into a battle that could be too much for you and actually being able to battle someone
She shouldn't be able to battle him because Odin is stronger than Thor to the point that Thor should not have been taking any hits from her at all

Oh, yeah right. I guess that means I won't be using that pic in the next "She's not Thor" thread...
... Too bad too, that would have been useful...

There won't be one, at least I haven't seen one.
I mean you could use the picture but I thought you were mocking the post to try and make a point.

There are basically two schools of thought
1. She is Thor because Thor is both someone's name and a mantle someone can adapt/gain because in the past there have been multiple people who have gained the power of Thor
2. She's not Thor because Thor is a person who exists and not a mantle someone can adapt/gain and nobody really has done so because nobody but Thor has been called Thor in the past, even in the cases of Thorse or Throg, they still aren't being called Thor but a corruption of the name because while they do hold Thor-like powers, they aren't actually Odinson himself

Both are right.
Just like Odin is Odin, Thor is Thor. You can have the powers of Thor and take his mantle, calling yourself Thor but you can't take his identity. Effecticely this means two Thors, but to legitimize things they gave Odinson an identity crisis

Oh come on, it's Thor's book.
Thor was the go-to guy in Ragnarok.
Thor was the god that dragged everyone back from entropy.
Thor was the god who was worthy enough to wield Mjolnir even now when Odin was no longer worthy.
And one day he'll be King Thor, Odin's successor.

Thor can't wield Mjolnir anymore
Also, he doesn't even want to, so he can't wield Mjolnir even harder

This thread makes me so incredibly glad that I've sworn off Marvel comics for the foreseeable future. Thanks, all.

i'm similar, i just plain stopped, i've just lost the will to go on.
i have enjoyed ant-man 2 or something, i don't even know how far it is now but i am going on a year, after secret wars i've just gotten tired of all this crap.
at least civil war was bretty good

the hammer says you get the power of Thor. Not just the power of Mjolnir

that's what Odin said but when all the Asgardians died to end the cycle of Ragnarok, it was Donald Blake who dragged Thor out of the abyss.

That's the problem with telling stories, they take on a life of their own, and can even change the past.

The butthurt reactions to the comics somehow seem better than the comic itself. The best part is nobody is forcing you to read a comic for children

>She shouldn't be able to hurt him unless he got a pretty big nerf.
He hasn't had his Odinsleep in a while and keeping his brother locked up in Asgard since Fear Itself was extremely taxing on him.

There ya' go. No-prize, pls.

>Thor can't wield Mjolnir anymore
Nah, he can again. He's just stuck in some super-prison and can't reach the Mjolnir that's sitting infront of him. Shit must be quite the cock-tease.

I want Jane to stay as the headlining Thor just because the salt is unreal.

EVERYONE! EVERYONE! I'M POSTING ABOUT HOW I DON'T READ THESE COMICS!!!
I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THESE COMICS!!!
THIS IS RELEVANT TO THE THREAD'S DISCUSSION!!!
I'M HELPING!!! . . . (durp)

I'm just here for Loki.

She, like every other woman, is empowered by feminism. This give her more than enough power to win any battle as long as the opponent is a man. Odin didn't stand a chance.

i was reading along so i can openly hate with proper cadence. shit man i was even reading squirrel girl along with the reboot too. ms marvel has been ok with me
i just dropped comics in general and want to eventually get back on top of all of them but seeing this isn't really helping the cause.

This. I'm so sick of women.

Well, you are wise to base such a judgement on the Sup Forums bitchfest that trolls half the Sup Forums threads these days.
That does seem like the most unbiased viewpoint possible.

HOWEVER, it was unwise to admit in post that you're only on this thread to "openly hate" (otherwise known as trolling)
Few people are so stupid as to admit their ban-able offense right there in their ever-so reportable post.
So... Goodbye, you will not be missed.

am i not allowed input unless it's praise towards something?
it's a discussion board brah, i don't see how an echo chamber is really solving anything.
am i being rused cuz i don't frequent here as much as i used to.

get into yaoi comics. no women in those.

Okay Gamergater, go back to /r/mensrights.

No. Don't. It's pretty much a rape genre pretending to be a romance. But since I'm just like my mom I like shitty harlequin romance so I can deal with it.

Whor is the name she earned.

Only by being worthy of taking up the Man-Whor's hammer.

It was shit because the idiots behind it are feminist SJW garbage, and everyone knows they have an inferiority complex a mile wide.

Any media they get their hands on they have to scream and justify some strawman just to prove to daddy that womyn are powerful and independent, while they can't portray a female lead as anything but the same cardboard 'snarky tough girl mary sue.' Whor has abysmal sales, claiming a patriarchy conspiracy is just smoke-screening the fact they're shit writers, and their character is an unlikable dyke's daydream of rebelling against daddy.

I've been calling her Jane Thorster

>taking clickbait in good faith

LOL xD
What is your tumblr so I can reblog you?

So Odin's been an old fogey since forever, right? When is that nigga gonna die and let Thor be king?

>scream and justify some strawman
>strawman
>that pic
Aside from that I actually agree with you

>I hav the right! 'cause I say so! Like aw said: I hate the comic! I don' read it! I is only here tu hate on it an' call evuryone whut likes it stopid! That why threads exists! Yee-Haw! An' i aint nu troll 'cause trolls nevur say "brah"! (I is so smert)

>Omnipotent

I really wish comic book writers would stop making that word just another power level.

and just like a shiny pokemon, when it's actually a good one it's not all that different

why not Jane FosThor

Oh look everyone!

Sup Forums is jumping to hyperbolous conclusions about comics that they don't read again.

This is the fucking Galactus vs Kitty Pryde incident all over again.

You people are fucking mongrel idiots.

People will believe whatever the OP says if they want badly enough to be angry about something.

While I don't care much for whor I've kept on the book for all the juicy flashbacks of Thor's younger days and lore which is still quite good despite the drull main story. Just because Odin is that much more powerful doesn't mean he can't be moved by a blow from a weaker opponent. Even Thor proper knocked Galactus across a city with his hammer despite it having little lasting affect otherwise.

Last days of Midgard were good too.

It means the power of mjolnir, it doesn't switch your species or give access to Thor's non-mjolnir powers

Original Sin was fun, fuck the haters and "muh status quo" it was a subtle event that didn't need to upset every fucking ongoing and allowed those that were involved have virtually unlimited creative freedom in how they handled it. I get so fucking tired of people calling a story shitty because something happened to a character that they didn't like.

His Hulk run was all over the place though, but I think the art did more harm than the writing, he was trying too hard for wacky rather than capitalizing on the appeal of the Hulk mythos.

His Spiderman & Wolverine mini is god tier if you ever feel like checking that out.

Biggest Problem with Whor is that its too caught up in introducing this new thor rather than telling a story. Not that anyone was really willing to give it a chance in the first place though there's no denying it's mediocrity.

Isn't the Thorforce canon stronger than the Odinforce?

That's because Donald Blake BECAME a real person, he still was just a Thor in mind drag