Thunderbolts Assemble

You are now Secretary of State Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross, and are tasked with putting together a team of superpowered criminals to be sent on high-risk missions under the command of global governments.
A suicide squad, if you will. When not out on mission, your team will be imprisoned on the Raft: marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Raft

Pull anyone from Marvel comics or the MCU. Just make it interesting.

It would be boring as fuck if they did this shitty Suicide Squad ripoff version instead of the classic setup.

NUKE, he has already shown up in daredevil and it would make an interesting cross-over between the show and movies(even though they seem to be avoiding that like the plague)

Boomerang. I'd like to see an MCU Boomerang.

And bring back Batroc.

Zemo for the normie lead & tactical acumen, Hammer as Iron Patriot, Loki after losing the asgardian throne but he is only here because of keikaku, Osborn as the Goblin (falcon stand in for slow flier with gadgets), Red Hulk Ross, maybe Nuke for extra patriotism

>Suicide Squad style

Ross is a fucking hypocritical asshole

> " I told them I was born in Australia, so they made me Boomerang. This is why the whole world hates you, by the way. An entire nation boiled down to what you can remember from that time you got high and watched Crocodile Dundee. Guess I should be glad I didn't end up some kinda kangaroo guy."
Holy shit

>unironically wanting the MCU Thunderbolts to be a poor man's Suicide Squad
Take your thread and leave, OP.

>Ghost
>The man known only as the Ghost is an industrial saboteur who claims to have once been a business executive. Under unexplained circumstances, he came to despise corporations and began to use the identity of the Ghost so that he could destroy them. He believes that corporations destroyed his life, and has no ultimate concern for what a company's actual goals might be, nor how humanitarian their cause, caring only for their destruction. Although he presents the front of a mercenary, receiving most of his targets from employers who wish to see their competitors ruined, the Ghost will forgo payment simply for the opportunity to perform acts of sabotage

>Domino
>Neena was one of many children born to the U.S. government’s Project: Armageddon, designed to genetically engineer the perfect weapon using a precognitive mutant named Beatrice. One of only two survivors from numerous attempts, Neena was stolen away by Beatrice’s cult, the Armajesuits, and delivered to a Chicago priest, remaining in his care until her own mutant powers manifested.

>Taskmaster
>The man who would become the Taskmaster was born a prodigious savant of mnemonic talents. He discovered his unusual abilities in childhood when, after watching a cowboy television program, he found he could duplicate the rope tricks he had seen the actors perform. Growing to understand his ability, he saw a man perform a difficult backwards leap from a diving board; he duplicated the dive, but nearly drowned because he didn’t know how to swim. Afterwards, his mother called in psychiatrists who studied his ability, terming it “photographic reflexes.” He employed his talent several times during his youth for professional gain, most notably when he became a star quarterback of his high school football team after watching one pro football game.

>Fantomex
>Charlie-Cluster 7 was born in the World, a secret square mile of experimental reality built by the military industrial complex.

I'd like a scenario where Ross tries to recruit Abomination back into the field but violently declines. Then Ross decides that since The Hulk is nowhere to be found and Blonsky won't cooperate, that someone else needs to go do something and blah blah blah, someone becomes Red Hulk. But not grandpa Ross. Maybe Everett, his nephew.

Oh and then Abomination escapes and that's what really triggers the need for Red Hulk.

Zemo, Songbird, Ghost, Satanna, Ares, Bullseye.

Dr Curt Connors
Speed Demon
Dark Beast
Nighthawk
Sun God
And Troll

>Guess I should be glad I didn't end up some kinda kangaroo guy
very glad

I could see them starting with the SS setup, then Zemo takes the team rogue and it's more like the classic version.

Hammer, AIM, Leader, Abomination, Agent Venom, Colonel Helmut Zemo, Madam Hydra, and Ross turns into Rulk in the third act.

Is Thunderbolts even a potential thing? Because fuck. I like you idea of just bringing back all the forgotten characters of the MCU.

Just have them in the background of other MCU movies. Rounding up supers and costumed characters.

James Gunn was supposed to make a Thunderbolts film, but then got on to GotG, and then he said he'd make Thunderbolts after, but the first movie was such a success that now James wants to make two sequels. Best chance for Thunderbolts is in Phase 4 somewhere.

Songbird
Moonstone
Justin Hammer
Abomination
Ghost
Man-Thing
Troll
Boomerang
Zemo

lets just forget the Suicide Squad ripoff and make a Superior Foes film

Zemo busting out and making a super hero team out of a bunch of C-list villains to further his diabolical plans of revenge is more fun sounding to me.

I really hope that when we do get a Tbolts movie it's what they originally were rather than a government funded squad.

HOL' UP
SO YOU BE SAYIN'
WE SOME FINNA THUNDABOL'S?

>he wants to make two sequels
Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure Feige is the only who's talked about GOTG3.

Any movie with The Shocker gets a thumbs up from me.

Gunn's even talked about how the Suicide Squad film makes it unlikely there will be a Thunderbolts movie anytime soon. Going for the classic version would be the smart decision, as it would soothe those concerns and make the film a lot more unique instead of the unoriginal "bad guys forced to work for the government" idea.

Venom. Just give us our Venom.

If phase 4 does anything I hope it ends with Thanos killing off over half of the heroes assembled to stop him, this way there would be a power gap to fill and that's where Zemo could slip in with his new heroes Thunderbolts.

Shocker
Boomerang
Ghost
Juggernaut
Crossbones
Moonstone
Satanna/Man Thing
Troll
but it's a comic, no movieshit

>Abomination
>Bullseye
>Hydro-Man
>Whirlwind
>Taskmaster
>The Leader
>M.O.D.O.K

>Ross is only known for MCU shit and being Rulk when he's one of the better supporting characters in Marvel

Calm down, Bruce. We know what happens when you lose your temper.

> Helmut Zemo
No powers to boot, but a master tactician and placed as the team leader. But beware the quiet ones...

> Emil Blonsky (Abomination)
Borderline psychotic and holding back raw power on level with the Hulk, Blonsky would rather take the opportunity to crush things than to rot in containment forever.

> Will Simpson (Nuke)
Ex-military and ex-police with impressive combat enhancement thanks to experimental medication.

> Carl Creel (Absorbing Man)
A non-criminal plant in the team on loan from General Talbot with the intent that he can subdue, or at the very least slow down, rogue Thunderbolts.

> Karla Sofen (Moonstone)
Woman capable of incredible feats unlike any other, and she's not inclined to share how she obtained them or what her on intentions are.

> Theodore Sallis (Man-Thing)
Not contained on The Raft but brought in to assist when the mission takes place in a tropical/swamp environment.

> Ghost
Unknown individual who is unable to be contained or controlled reliably outside of assuming he will comply with attacking corporate targets.

Wasn't a major difference with Thunderbolts compared to Suicide Squad that they actually were paraded around to the public as government sponsored heroes?

I'm guessing the team will start off as a sort off establishment-supported counterpart to the Avengers, and then Zemo will co-opt the entire operation for his own agenda.

That's from the Ellis run. There's something like a hundred issues preceeding it.