Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=00FWUfHaiU8
youtube.com/watch?v=L04sV5TuYy4
youtube.com/watch?v=lL_lbYHXxBY
youtube.com/watch?v=5w_4fr5YuRM
youtube.com/watch?v=J5Dd1CxIpfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

every frame a painting

Great series, though sparse. Had the unfortunate side-effect of making it harder to enjoy fight scenes in a lot of movies, due to it deconstructing Jackie Chan movies and showing why they're so damned good.

these plus: Storytellers, Lessons from the Screenplay, kaptainkristian, Film Radar, Channel Criswell

This absolutely Kinographic babe

youtube.com/watch?v=00FWUfHaiU8
youtube.com/watch?v=L04sV5TuYy4
youtube.com/watch?v=lL_lbYHXxBY
youtube.com/watch?v=5w_4fr5YuRM
youtube.com/watch?v=J5Dd1CxIpfc

Nigga what? That guy just points out obvious things.

Wow you are such a connoisseur user

it's obvious once he points them out, but i didn't realize many things before
Im just a layman regarding movies/editing/production...

I'm not being pretentious, I meant it. For example, his video about the way Drive was shot is composition 101.

Ikea Heights and Chad Vader

>composition 101
...which the majority of general movie watchers don't understand.

You're being just a bit pretentious, yes (not same person)

>on a board dedicated to film discussion
>"dude it's pretentious to expect more then the lowest common denominator!"

>which the majority of general movie watchers don't understand.
Most movie watchers don't care about that. And the ones who care should watch better videos. For example there's a pretty good documentary of lighting on movies. Watching Every frame is bad for any beginner and really redundant.
>You're being just a bit pretentious, yes (not same person)
Why? For pointing out that EFP is really repetitive?

i think you belong to /kino/
there you can laugh at all the plebs for being stupid while discussing 1920s independent french film camera lenses in an educated manner

>knowing basic stuff makes you a pretentious dude that only enjoys old films

EFAP is your husband or what?

No you idiot, he's pretentious for saying "it's obvious things", when it's not obvious to the vast majority of people.

It's a good thing if someone wants to take things down to a level that normal people (LCD) understand; it might ideally (though unlikely) get people to expect better out of movies.

I unironically like 1920s French films

>Most movie watchers don't care about that.
Typically yes, but EFAP presents it in a manner that movie watcher might care about. Some of those videos have several million views, it's not just people who are intimately familiar with the ideas already who are watching.

>"it's obvious things", when it's not obvious to the vast majority of people.
But they are obvious. Even normal people when they take a picture focus on the thing they want to capture.

Normal people know*

I think you might just have difficulty getting into the mindset of a normal person (in terms of film).

They may be subconsciously aware of it and do things without thinking, but they need someone to actually bring it down to their level to make them actually notice it.

>movie watcher might care about.
Which I pointed out.

>some of those videos have several million views, it's not just people who are intimately familiar with the ideas already who are watching.

Watch Mojo also have millions of views. People want to be entertainment and EFP does that. But watching him to learn cinema is really limited

The thread was about Kino on YouTube. EFP is far from being that. Like I said, he just points out obvious things. James Rolfe tutorial to make an AVGN episode is more useful and accesible to everyone.

Just going to have to disagree, here. Thread seems to be dead outside of talking about EFAP anyway.

Just watched Channel's Cowboy Bebop video, took him 17 min to basically say the characters were chained to their past and needed to move on. Cursory analysis, wtf...the whole episodic bullshit seemed half baked...

>most kino on youtube?

Nah it's actually good.

what can i say..i enjoy the videos on these channels, not saying all are good - i am mostly watching them when i got nothing to do at work or during my lunch break, can't say i would actively watch them at home in my free time...and i binge watched all these channels when i discovered them (there are days when i literally do nothing at work but watch youtube)

sizable list of youtubers though, ill probably go through them anyways :)

Yes

Some how lower than filmmaking 101