Does literally anyone watch this show besides me? It's almost as if I hallucinated it

Does literally anyone watch this show besides me? It's almost as if I hallucinated it.

In case you want to know if it's any good:
The main character is corny as fuck, but if you can get over it then the show has some very strong positives, namely:
It doesn't lead you on endlessly, the shit you expect and want to see happen actually happens within one or two episodes.
The world is neatly structured making the plot a result of plausible interactions between the elements it contains. Besides the hero's plot armor there's nothing in the show that feels forced or unbelievable or pulled from someone's ass.
It's not very ambitious, but it's not pretentious either, it shows what it intends to show competently in a way that allows the story to move forward without annoying you.

All around I'd rate it as one of the best Tier 2 shows I've seen (you know, shows you watch with enjoyment to see what happens next but don't regard as cinematic masterpieces or would kill a man to see the next season right now). It's nothing spectacular, but pretty cozy.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"last kingdom"/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

last bump before I give up on this board

We've had lots of TLK threads user

Uhtred is based

I AM OOTRED SON OF OOTRED
What did he mean by this?

it's shit, which is a shame because the books are litkino

MUH BEBBENBURG

There's been like a thread a day for some time user.
>archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"last kingdom"/

Oh, alright then. I'll be on the lookout once I watch the new episode.

>Save """"King"""" of Wessex daughter from death with the help of seer
>Queen of Wessex hates Uhtred cause of religion
>Queen of Wessex doesn't want Uhtred plebeian hands on daughter rather let daughter die
>""""King"""" of Wessex hates Uhtred cause the people including his right hand man likes him
>""""King of Wessex"""" wants to wield Uhtreds cock like a sword and use him
>Have to save princess of Wessex AGAIN
>""""King"""" of Wessex still hates Uhtred
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FAGGOTS PROBLEM

Read the books because the show was taking so long.

It takes him 10 books to take Bebbenburgh.

Beebenbau

I like this show for the acting and the characters and the plot

but holy FUCK is it ugly

it's got one of the worst art directions of any show I've ever seen. Every frame is painful to look at. Everything from the costumes to the sets to the lighting is hideous.

Uhtred is supposed to look like this

Well, the sets aren't that awful, in terms of my perceived historical accuracy at least (in that for example Winchester looks more or less how I would expect it to), but other than that, I agree. With better art direction and a better actor playing the main character, this show could be the hipster alternative to GoT.

Yeah it needs a bigger budget than the BBC are probably willing to provide.

>become slave
>mention it twice afterwards

>All around I'd rate it as one of the best Tier 2 shows I've seen (you know, shows you watch with enjoyment to see what happens next but don't regard as cinematic masterpieces or would kill a man to see the next season right now). It's nothing spectacular, but pretty cozy
I agree with your rating. Other than that I like the pacing of it and the villians are based. I still dont understand the king not trusting uthred fully after all the times he has saved their ass. Remember the time he saved the king and his daughter and had to live for a while in the swamp? But I guess its still a tv show and they have to purposefully add crutches to the plot.

This show has better battles than Vikings. Prove me wrong.

I want to watch Season 2 but I don't think it'll match the comfy of Season 1.

>watched at christmas time, alone in my decrepit old haunted house that i live in
>snowfall all week
>would get off work at 11pm, slip into PJs, drink hot cocoa and sit next to the christmas tree and watch this

Is it worth it, or should I wait until next winter for the max comf

UHTRED SON OF UHTRED

AND DESTINY IS ALL

BETTER THAN BARLEY

The show went too are at end of season 1. Is 2 any good? Reason to come back?

I really liked the first season. Is Alfred the Great still involved in season 2?

I'm a big fan. Season 2 was pretty comfy. I'm a history nerd, though, so it appeals to me.

this show has by far the best pacing i've ever seen. i've never been so fulfilled by one episode. top notch.

> no boots with Iron on the sides to defend against Seax's
> short Maille

DROPPED

Nah, that's nice and accurate overall

For some reason I never remembered his hair or eye colour from the books