This was absolutely fantastic. Probably the best TV show I've watched since early Breaking Bad

This was absolutely fantastic. Probably the best TV show I've watched since early Breaking Bad.

If you haven't watched Fargo S1 yet then you're missing out on an absolute masterpiece.

Shame about Season 2. I haven't started S3 yet, I'll wait until it's over then binge it, but thanks to anons for recommending Fargo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wwL5Q02uwDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I liked season 2 even more than season 1
season 3 is trash

Couldn't agree more.

I'm not sure about S3 yet, but it's not terrible so far.
I like Lupin as a crooked tooth slick bastard.

Season 2 got better towards the end, but imo Season 1 is literally a masterpiece. It's arguably better than Breaking Bad, and fuck me I loved BB.

I'm not sure what to watch next because desu everything is shit compared to Fargo S1

Well user. Is this what you want?

Yes, or No?

BB went to complete shit in the final couple of seasons.

Better Call Saul is better so far, in my opinion.

3>2>1 and I consider season one 9/10 television.

Season 2 was better to me. The characters felt more real and the environment actually felt like a real place and not a backdrop for the characters. Mike Milligan's arc is my favorite in the show's history.

Season 3 is off to a good start too though, I love Carrie Coon, almost to an unhealthy level really.

I'm looking forward to watching S3, but I can't be doing that waiting a week shit. I'd rather binge watch it in a day.

>Shame about Season 2
But Season 2's the best one, and also the actual best season of any tv show to ever air.

wtf Season 2 is the best

i feel yah. plus its a hit or miss with fans and also really slow compared to the first 2 which i do not mind.

I prefer watching on a weekly basis, it gives you time to really stop and think about the characters and the plotlines and let it really simmer in your mind

>Shame about Season 2.
what was wrong with it? I enjoyed it

Was Billy Bob the narrator of the latest episode? Sounded an awful lot like him.

I hate the wait. Also, I forget little details that imo make watching it in one or two binges even better.

ALSO..wtf I love fat bitches now!

>Shame about Season 2
>fuck me I loved BB.

Nothing wrong with it, it just felt a bit of a mess and not as GOAT as S1....imo. Seems I'm alone in this kek

... also, wtf with the UFO's? What was the point?

i appreciate them both for different reasons
S2 is more stylish and the action is very fun but S1 is easily the better narrative and malvo is the better villain (although s2 doesn't really have a primary antagonist) so i'll just say besides him being pretty 2 dimensional he's a fantastic character and I would argue that lesters arc is better than mike milligans

to each their own. I feel like I remember more if I watch it on a week to week basis.

totally

Fargo seasons 1 and 2 are probably my favorite seasons of any tv show. Having one writer that writes a fully finished story before shooting is what I like to see. My only problem with season 1 is the over the top scene where Malvo kills dozens of mafia members and my only problem with season 2 is the Hanzee Tripoli thing. Doesn't really bother me too much though.

Season 3 is slower and it's hard to know how good it truly is before it's over. I think it's pretty great so far, especially the last two episodes.

MEW a cute.

I've also asked people what to watch after Fargo because I loved it so much and someone recommended Utopia. Haven't seen it yet though.

>S1 is easily the better narrative
Ridiculous. In Season 2 all of the plot threads come together beautifully, all of these characters have their own individual stories, all with complete, full arcs, that are intertwined masterfully as things escalate steadily to a bloody climax. It balances numerous factions playing off each other, each sympathetic in their own way, and each filled with a well rounded cast of characters with their own dynamics that play off each other in complex and engaging ways. No scene is wasted, and every action has an impact on the whole of the story, and everyone else in it.

In Season 1's narrative, Malvo's off doing his own little story that has absolutely 0 actual plot relevance to anything else for most of it, things move at a relatively stilted and unbalanced pace, and a lot of stuff that could, and really should have had pay-off, ultimately doesn't. Not like episode 3 of season 3 where that's a big thematic point. Some plot threads in Season 1 just don't really go anywhere, or dedicate a lot of time to showing us a very small point.

It's also tonally the most confused and unsure of it'self out of the three seasons and the movie.

Allison Tolman did a fantastic job, especially considering it was her very first proper acting role straight from teleshopping, and the vast majority of people who don't like her or her character are triggered Sup Forumstards who don't actually appreciate the show beyond "dude Malvo is so redpilled, I wish he was my bro"

I tried to watch Leftovers after Fargo and didn't even finish an episode. I need time to get back to watching shit after the masterpiece that was S1.

Fuck you Lester. Thanks for ruining my shitty tastes.

I was actually gonna start Leftovers soon purely because season 3 has 98 on metacritic after critics were given the whole season early. I have no idea what it is or what to expect though. I also hate Damon Lindelof.

Muh aliens

Were foreshadowed and built up to heavily. The primary inciting incident literally happens because of a UFO showing up on screen. A UFO again shows up at the butcher shop when Ed is almost found out by Lou, and immediately after we get a narration from War of the fucking Worlds about how human kind was being watched by aliens. We get a character literally telling Lou that UFOs are showing up and that they always show up in threes. I don't know how anyone could possibly think they were out of nowhere.

And lets not forget all of the supernatural shit that Season 1 had, with Malvo literally teleporting out of Lester's house, or the fish tornado, or staring hatefully at Gus after being shot in the head, etc,

Not that it's anything like fargo, but since I have the same irrational love for fargo, you might enjoy another show I really like. Orange is the new black. I know it really looks for faggots but trust me, every single one of my friends liked it. Most of them male.

>Malvo literally teleporting out of Lester's house
left quietly after committing a crime
>the fish tornado
can happen irl under rare weather conditions>staring hatefully at Gus after being shot in the head
also not beyond the realm of possibility

Season 2 is utter fucking dogshit compared to the first, just like True Detective S2 was fucking dogshit compared to the first.

Why aliens tho?

>left quietly after committing a crime
He walks into the basement, through the only door to the basement, in front of which Lester is standing, and when he turns to talk to Malvo, he has magically vanished.

>can happen irl under rare conditions
so can UFOs ;^)

Trying to draw in the sci-fi crowd.

*shits directly into your mouth while making retarded sounds*

There was a window iirc.

>He walks into the basement, through the only door to the basement, in front of which Lester is standing, and when he turns to talk to Malvo, he has magically vanished.
interesting
do you have a link for the scene?

Can't find a video of it. I'm looking at it on my computer right now. At 56:05 Malvo walks into the basement. I should point out that we hear his footsteps very clearly. Lester stands over the body, watching the door. He starts to take out the two shotgun shells from his pocket, and is still facing the door while he does so. We hear the cops pull up, and the camera briefly cuts away to show this. The camera then shows Lester briefly turning around to look at the window. This is the one time Lester isn't facing the door, but because of how the camera is placed, we the audience can still see the door, and Malvo definitely does not exit at any point. Lester then turns back around and goes to the door to tell Malvo the police are here, but he has mysteriously vanished. The camera pans around the basement, showing that there seems to be no escape or hiding place.

youtube.com/watch?v=wwL5Q02uwDE

the aliens are just another reference to Coen Brothers movies, in particular "The Man Who Wasn't There"

>Best since Breaking Bad
>Shame about season 2

stop shilling your crap, cumface

That shit was so weird, and it felt like it was a plot point that was going to be explained or developed on in some way but never really was. Maybe the wolf was a metaphysical avatar of the killer? Can he shapeshift? Is malvo the devil?

Watch The Leftovers. It's only 3 seasons (4 episodes left in the current and final 3rd season). Some of the best TV I've ever seen. Also, Carrie coon is in it.

I haven't seen the first two seasons but I am following season 3, am I missing out on anything by not seeing them first?

references and lore, nigger

Season 1 is perfection

Season 2 is actually better
but you need Season 1 for context

They're unrelated. All you're missing out on is 2 seasons of GOAT tv.

This.

>Season 2 is actually better
It's not.

except it is

I just didn't like hanzo Tripoli twist

Naaah.

I bet you think Rogue One is better than TFA too. You should try forming your own opinions instead of just repeating what Sup Forums tells you too.

3>1>Movie>2

I would have liked the movie more if jerry wasn't such a jerry

I feel the complete opposite, s2 ending made me retroactively hate the show

Fargo season 1 is mediocre. It's really derivative of the many other, better anti-hero stories that came before it, but you're supposed to believe that it's some kind of 2deep deconstruction because it has quirky non sequiturs and is edgier. It's actually kind of stupid.

Season 2 is pretty good though.

What was the point of this subplot?

Why do the Hollywood Jews keep killing off my waifu?!

Putting the Greeks in there place desu

>People actually like season 3
The shtick is wearing thin. Carrie Coon is playing the same character that's been done to death already in the Fargo universe. The only difference is that they plagiarized her weird relationship with technology from Better Call Saul (an all-around superior program)

I started watching the show Monday and I'm at the newest episode today. Season 1 was absolutely amazing and I was holding my breath until the end; 2 was pretty nice, but I felt like it was lacking some of the anticipation from 1. I'm quite enjoying 3 and the buildup, and MEW is a nice bonus, but it has been a little slow while the other seasons were already picking up by this point.

>I bet you think Rogue One is better than TFA too

Never watched any of the new Star Wars films.

>You should try forming your own opinions instead of just repeating what Sup Forums tells you too.

The ironing

>It's actually kind of stupid.
>Season 2 is pretty good though.
UFOs

the only Fargo that is an "absolute masterpiece" is the movie.

I liked it more too.

Have you been a bad boy?

>arguably better than Breaking Bad
well to start it's definitely better than breaking bad

I also have to say season 2 is better. The middle of season 1 was not as good as the beginning or ending. Lester's plot was amazing the entire time but Malvo's dealings with the supermarket king was very out of place. It was great stuff, but didn't tie into the overall ending of malvo's story line at all. it was a totally different story stuck in the middle of his story

that said i still think both seasons are some of the best television ever made

theyre not just another reference you fucking dolt, they're an integral part of the season's overarching theme

>season 2 is more fun
>season 1 is easily the better narrative

literally have it backwards

this. series is not that great compared to the film.

after seeing the way Sup Forums suck off the series as if it was the best thing since sliced bread i hve made up my mind that this is truly a plebian board

Malvo massacre was perfect in my opinion, totally in line with everything that the season so far had shown us.

Hanzee being Tripoli is called the worst part of this show, but in and of itself it really wasn't that bad. It's believable if you believe he could get really fat, change his hair, and change his facial structure like he said he was going to do. Only silly part is the height. And it fits in his character arc; he almost put his old violent life behind him in the cabin, and after that moment of honesty with himself he buried it all away and reverted back into something even worse

I do wish they hadn't done it though. He should've either ridden off into the sunset with the intention of starting a new empire without telling us whether he did, or he should've had a name that we had never seen before, that we would only see again in a later season, revealing he did in fact become someone else

someone please explain to me what Lou's character arc was? or Hank's?

they were static "we are the good Minnesotan men that fought in the war" characters from start to finish

>Probably the best TV show I've watched since early Breaking Bad.

if you think malvo disappearing out of that basement wasn't SUPPOSED to be weirdly supernatural, or that he wasn't supposed to have a supernatural creepiness surrounding him (especially after the fucking finale's intro) you really should stick to some plebbier show

i mean come on son, manipulating vulnerable people into doing bad things, getting pleasure out of this and listening to recordings later, the plagues of egypt, fish falling from the sky, and fucking pic related. do i have to spell it out?

he's the fucking devil

>it's a the series is way worse than the movie without saying why in any way post

disregard until evidence is provided, as usual

Malvo narrated the most recent s3 episode

Prove it

ALRIGHT HANDS UP Sup Forums! YOU HAVE 5 SECONDS TO NAME LITERALLY TWO (2) FLAWS WITH SEASON 2 BEFORE I BLAST YOU DOWN THE HALL

The split screen camera was ugly and very film-studenty and none of the characters were good

>Blomquists were boring
>UFO was unsatisfying
>Not enough Dodd
>Not enough Bruce Campbell as Reagan
>Milligan veered a little too far into meme territory
>Ron Swanson guy was a meme
>No Noreen and Betty tribadism scene

>these are the people who criticize season 2 in fargo threads

That was what Malvo came to Bemidji for, the whole Lester thing is the actual sub story

>saw the movie and loved it
>domt know shit about the show
what I am in for?

Utopia or Legion. Legion is also written by Noah Hawley who does Fargo.

Your friends are faggots and so are you

one hell of a ride. just watch it and find out.

reminder that season 2 is better than the movie

dodd did nothing wrong

vcxgdvd

this desu senpai

Please gtfo you fucking newfag

>Blomquists were boring

literally the plebbest fargo opinion possible

Thats pretty lame.