>Crossover of two R-rated movies
>PG-13
Why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SST5NjFSYEo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Money

/thread

It makes complete sense. Crossovers are not to expand each universes story, its just for the sake of money making. They are actually fun depending on how seriously you take them, the first AvP was fun, so was Freddy vs Jason.

better than Aliens

this scene was GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=SST5NjFSYEo

>the "aliens" were on earth
>the "predators" came from space
backwards imo

can't sell toys to kids who didn't see the movie because it was rated R

This is historically not true, ever since the first Alien movie there have been toys based on the Xenomorph. I knew of Alien through the toys before I saw the movies.

i bought so many of them

yea the aliens should have flown their ships to earth

the ending was the best part.

Yeah but that isn't what the accounting department is going to be looking at when they crunch the numbers. They'll instead be looking at the number of kid viewers by rating, see the much larger number in the PG-13 column, and go with that. The fact that Alien and Predator toys were unusually popular in the 80s and 90s is hard to quantify and therefore less likely to influence risk-averse executives who refuse to make a decision unless it's backed up by Excel spreadsheets

Robocop was R-rated and that didn't stop kids from buying the toys. Hollywood understimates kids, they will buy them as long as they watched some trailer on tv that looked cool

You know why, silly goy.

this one wouldnt be judged so harshly if it didnt pave way for the REAL doodoo that is AVP:Requiem

AvP Requiem sucked until it ditched the fucking Dawson's Creek bullshit and the Predator started BTFOing everything in sight.

>mfw the protag's squeeze turned the corner and got fucking REKT by the razor disk

based

AVPR was unironically better than this and more faithful to the tone of both series. I don't know why people hate it so much

yeah, considering how the whole fucking point of the Alien franchise was NOT letting those things get back to earth, having them be there all along was fucking retarded.

I mean i get the movie was made on a shoe string budget, but they couldn't just set it in a shitty temple on an alien planet?

Is it bad this is the very first alien and/or predator movie I saw? Obviously I've seen them all since then, but when I was a teen this was the first one I watched at a buddies house. I liked it. I think predator 2 is my favorite.

Maternity ward scene is still to the day the most uncomfortable a movie has ever made me feel. Well maybe eraserhead but for a totally different reason.

>spotted the female

>I don't know why people hate it so much
A polished turd is still a turd.
Hollywood sucks at that because the Predator is an alien and therefore they need humans just so they can have dialogue. They should stop being pussies and do what the comics do and have the Predator talk but use subtitles to see what it says.

>implying females without penises browse here
Stuff happening to babies is the one and only thing that bothers me in movies. The kid watching his father get melted and then having a chestburster rip out of him I could deal with, but some little baby being devoured or transformed into some alien hybrid? Fuck that dude, so unnecessary and wrong. The screams and cries from the other mothers seeing it happen is the worst though.