Did he deserve that shield, Sup Forums?

Did he deserve that shield, Sup Forums?

He got mad frisbee skillz.

Tony is an Indian giver.

The shield is a symbol of freedom and protection.

He ended up getting all of his friends thrown in prison and then turned them all into fugitives.

So no, he didn't.

Tony never gave him that Shield. Howard did.

His ideals never changed, and he's a fugitive only because of the problems he was worried about with the accords. at every turn he tried to warn Stark about Zemo, and until the very last second, he kept ignoring it

Yes, and Thor's hammer.

How does he strap it on his back.

it's property of the USA, te government decides about it

The straps are attached to a magnetic plate on his back.

That Shield doesn't obey the laws of physics

His muscles and about 1 foot of his height. are also property of the USA.

Magnets.

>The government repossesses his shins and muscles

The shield, and the captain america moniker represents american ideals. In modern day, these ideals are based on control and placing limits onto threats to human life. So no, he doesn't deserve the shield, at least not anymore.

The Shield is a symbol, and I leave a symbol for the symbol minded

This was like really really bad, please dont do this again.

How do they work?

Does she deserve her powers, Sup Forums? It's not like she's upholding nazi values...

Yes. But I still think Howard would agree with Tony.

Seriously, Steve. He fucking strangled his mom.

Why would you post this.

She's not a physical fighter desu... She has no reason to stay in shape.

And thus, Scarlet Witch gained yet another power: she has her own orbit.

Them thighs rubbing together during battle is gonna give her the scarlet itch...

You know, when Olsen said she wouldn't ever wear the Scarlet Witch suit, I instantly knew why. She simply doesn't have to figure for it. Her body is shaped like a sack of potatoes.

She's worn revealing things in the past so I don't really want to hear anything about sexual objectification.

No, give it to Thor.

Or maybe she's not going to wear the costume because it looks like an aerobics outfit or something. Cowls and crowns dont translate well to liveaction either

dude, im a fatfag and even i think that IRL celeb photoedit shit is cringey as hell

The shield sticks to the magnet.

She has appeared naked in like 5 movies.

He doesn't need it. He's more than just a shield.

She's done nude scenes already. She must not be that ashamed of her figure.

I hate tumblrinas so much.

They're just fat, holy fucking shit

how fucking spooked of muh sjw bogeyman are you

Tumblr =! landwhale

>tumblr boogyman

Tumblr detected.

> at every turn he tried to warn Stark about Zemo, and until the very last second, he kept ignoring it

This, Tony "b-but I was your friend" Stark spends the whole movie ignoring what Cap says and then he tries to act all betrayed and shit. I mean fuck, if Cap HAD told him about his parents would he have even paid attention?

no, you're just a fucking dumbass.

>In modern day, these ideals are based on control and placing limits onto threats to human life.

She should at least wear the damn helmet. I mean shit, this woman is getting paid big bucks. At least look somewhat like the damn character. Just wear more scarlet, it doesn't even need to be skimpy. I mean damn. How can she be so adamant about pissing all over the source material?

Because people have pissed over the Scarlet Witch source material for decades.

She's not the costume designer. She doesn't get that much input.

But it makes them more realistic and true to life this way. Stop being such a pussy and learn to accept that not all women are made to serve you.

Tony NEVER listened to Steve, EVER, not in Avengers, not in AoU, and even less in Civil War.

>In modern day, these ideals are based on control and placing limits onto threats to human life

>Captain America ends his professional career by beating up an orphan to protect a mass mudering war criminal.

How many times do you have to punch Hitler in the puss before you earn it?

He lied to Tony for selfish reasons, so no, that's why he gave it to him. Similar to Mjolnir, except Cap doesn't need magic to know when he's not worthy of his tool.

>Her body is shaped like a sack of potatoes.
That's a pretty sexy potato sack tho.

>you will never get to cuddle an Elizabeth Olsen-shaped sack of potatoes

>you'll never get to cuddle a potato sack-shaped Elizabeth Olsen

He looks so fucking hot with that costume

Anthony Mackie actually pushed for more elements from the 616 comics costume, and I think it paid off with his Civil War costume.

A flag is a piece of cloth. The shield is a hunk of metal. It doesn't mean a damn thing, and anyone that thinks it does arrives at that assumption because of the quality of Steve's character alone. So no, he doesn't deserve the shield; He deserves better from his allies.

This

>at every turn he tried to warn Stark about Zemo
>Runs off with his friend who just broke out of a secure facility and killed people, enlists other avengers to fight for him, and attempts to go off to fight Zemo himself without telling Tony anything until Tony directly confronts him.

The shield, like the flag, is a symbol, user. But unlike the flag it is unyielding, unbreakable. Just like the ideals of the country whose color scheme it bears. Like the man, Captain America, who wields it.

The shield may be just a hunk of metal to you, but not to those kids seen at the end of The First Avenger with trash can lid versions. To them it was a dream and a promise, a hope for a better tomorrow with Freedom and Liberty for all.

Of course now he's Captain Africa and will have a suitably painted shield made from Wakandan vibranium. Can't swear that that will go over as well with people. Maybe South Africa.

The man who made that shield was beaten to death by the man he was protecting. He was begging for the life of his wife and the mother of his child and was mercilessly beaten with a fist capable of ripping a car in two.

This. The only time Steve bothered sharing information is when his back was against the wall. It looked completely like bullshit.

Infinity Wars will have a scene where Tony flings the shield back to Steve.

Mark it.

Bucky was a mind-controlled living weapon. I don't think Howard Stark would approve of his son murdering a man who was actually another victim of the real people who ordered the hit. Nor would Tony if he actually did kill Bucky. Once he'd gotten his bloody vengeance in he'd be horrified at himself, probably slip into yet another mental condition that this time he wouldn't be able to come out of. His guilt over the accidental deaths was bad enough, his guilt if he literally murdered a man with one of his suits? Shit, son, no way he'd ever sleep well again.

They discussed calling Stark when they had Bucky in the vice and concluded he wouldn't believe them. And then, big surprise, he didn't believe them. Why should they trust him enough to tell him anything?

And then Steve finally says the thing?

"manlets, when will they learn?" Gosh I hope so

How does Steve plan on taking responsibility for his actions? Would he abide with another country's laws if he has to be arrested or even executed?

>I don't think Howard Stark would approve of his son murdering a man who was actually another victim of the real people who ordered the hit

Howard doesn't get to have an opinion anymore because he was beaten to death.

>Why should they trust him enough to tell him anything?

Trust isn't about leaving yourself an out.

Why does Cap need to trust Stark so much when Stark never trusted Cap even a little?

>Howard doesn't get to have an opinion anymore because he was beaten to death.
As if Tony hasn't already conceived of a Howard Stark AI that extrapolates Howard's personality from Tony's own memories and every scrap of writing and visual recordings Howard made, as well as what I'm sure are some amazingly detailed experimental brain scans Howard made of himself in the 1950s using tech he pioneered and which left him tasting purple for a week afterward. Made, no doubt, because he always wanted to create a simulation of his own brilliant mind only he was killed first and a certain scientist, cough Zola cough, used Howard's machine with a scan of his own brain.

Conversely why should Stark trust Cap who never trusted him at all.

But Tony trusts Steve. Tony just hates how Cap thinks he's right all the time.

Wait, doesn't everybody hate how Tony thinks he's right all the time? Especially since he has a tendency to jump off cliffs before he makes sure his new wings work. And suddenly Ultron is trying to wipe out the entire human race.

>Cap who never trusted him at all.

Please. Remember the end of Age of Ultron when Cap was reassuring the twins that Stark wasn't going to do anything rash with the cradle? He trusted him then even though he shouldn't have.

Remember when Cap was about to sign the Accords until he found out Tony was keeping Wanda hostage? He trusted him even though he shouldn't have.

>But Tony trusts Steve.

No he doesn't. He never did.

I think he trusts Steve. I think it's easy for him to trust Steve. The problem is he thinks Steve is a not overly complicated relic with a simplistic view of morality and not much imagination.

But then I think Tony judges everyone by comparison with himself, and he has a WONDERFULLY inflated sense of self. Despite that yeah Tony is a trusting sort, oddly enough. He trusted Peter with whatever AI program with a spider symbol was at the end of the movie, because he sees in Peter a kind of scrappy, intelligent, potential world-changing intellect if the kid had the right breaks handed to him. Beyond just the spider powers, that is.

>And then, big surprise, he didn't believe them.
Gee I wonder if charging like a bunch of madmen in the airport had something to do with it.

And then the phone scene happened, and your opinion became bullshit.

>He trusted him then even though he shouldn't have.
That's utter bullshit and you know it. If Stark hadn't made Vision, less-than-a-weeks-worth of Ultron would have literally turned into an Age of Ultron. Even Thor knew that bringing Vision to life was the right choice.

Don't pretend to be retarded user. The phone scene happened with Steve literally apologizing to Stark because he kept info about his parents to himself for selfish reasons.

But real question is, how is it possible that black pantera scratch the shield?

So....what would his new shield look like?
I just hope it isn't this

I thought in the modern day the ideals are being morbidly fat and getting grades you don't deserve because hey, no child left behind.

>Remember when Cap was about to sign the Accords until he found out Tony was keeping Wanda hostage?

Mansion arrest for a women who just helped kill dozens isn't being held hostage. I don't care how much you like someone, if they're a flight risk and are involved with multiple fatalities their movement is going to be restricted.

Wanda should have had an ankle collar on her.

>The phone scene happened with Steve literally apologizing to Stark because he kept info about his parents to himself for selfish reasons.

This.

>Tony goes on a rampage trying to kill Bucky despite knowing he was literally under the effects of technonazi mindcontrol at the time he killed his parents and was in no way accountable for his actions

I really do hope he gets called out on this or apologizes for it later.

Like I'm not expecting him to ever be okay with working alongside or friends with Bucky, but attempting to murder him just crosses the line.

>Mansion arrest for a women who just helped kill dozens isn't being held hostage

She's no more responsible than the rest of the team is, even if she hadn't thrown Crossbones upwards to try move the explosion away before she lost control of it he was gonna kill pretty much everybody in that marketplace with it.

Tony and Steve, as the ones who likely planned the operation and failed to halt Crossbones due to distraction, are more liable than she is for what happened.

And she wasn't a flight risk until Steve went completely AWOL and sent Hawkeye to get her to help him stop Zeemo.

>Bucky, but attempting to murder him just crosses the line.

As opposed to the way Bucky was trying to throw men down multiple flights of stairs cause the cops were coming for him. How many people did Buck almost kill, in this movie, when he was completely in control of his actions?

You mean the cops with shoot on sight orders that were trying to kill him?

That bothered me too. Like, Steve literally had to go out of his way and pull a Daredevil in that stairway because Bucky couldn't be assed about whether they lived or died.

>Of course now he's Captain Africa and will have a suitably painted shield made from Wakandan vibranium
I was wondering how Cap would have a shield in his next appearance. It somehow escaped my mind that he's in fucking Wakanda and the place is riddled with the stuff.

>She's no more responsible than the rest of the team is

Here's the thing: we don't let the people who did a thing or their friends decide whether they were responsible or not. It's a jury of your peers, not a jury of your bros.

>And she wasn't a flight risk until Steve went completely AWOL

She can literally fly. She can throw car lots at people. She seems pretty flight risky to me.

>You mean the cops with shoot on sight orders that were trying to kill him?

Yeah, the same troops who brought him back alive after War Machine did the Hero thing and got the bad guy to stop running away and blowing shit up.

>one of the movie's plots revolve around proving Bucky's innocence
>man let's just kill these cops no biggie

>B-B-BUT BUCKY IS FLAWED TOO!!!

Why are you changing the subject?

My point was it was ridiculous she was given so much of the blame and the only one put on house arrest.

The entire team was at fault, literally everyone besides Tony - as the mediator - should have been on lockdown if she was.

>She can literally fly. She can throw car lots at people. She seems pretty flight risky to me.

Having the means to escape != being a flight risk

She had no motivation or desire to avoid signing the accords or attending a trial until Steve and Hawkeye begged her to help them.

>fuck cops just doing their job!
>Bucky is always justified!

Fuck off Cap. You should have died in WW2

>self-defence is wrong if it's a cop that's trying to kill you, even for a crime you didn't commit

Bucky did literally nothing wrong in that scene. His life was in danger and he sought to protect it and escape.

Even if he had killed the cops, he'd morally have been in the clear - and so would they, if they'd managed to kill him.

Both sides were doing the right thing based off the info they had, both were justified in using lethal force.

>Having the means to escape != being a flight risk

That's exactly what it means. She's also not even a citizen and has one tie to the area and that dude isn't even a real boy.

I'd like to direct you to The cops may have just been doing their job, but that doesn't mean Bucky is in the wrong for defending himself when they're trying to kill him.

It was a fight where neither side was in the wrong.

Not even that user, but you're wrong. Being marked a flight risk means the cops/courts/whoever have decided you also have the desire to flee.

By your logic, anyone with a car should be marked one.

>Why are you changing the subject?

Bucky literally tried to kill about a dozen people before he heard the magic words. Life is cheap to him but lets get mad at one of the orphans he made getting stabby.

Really?

>His life was in danger and he sought to protect it and escape.

He knew he was a fugitive. He saw it in the paper. Did he make any overtures of turning himself in? No. He didn't. He made plans to run and hide. When an innocent man runs from the cops and injures one, he just isn't innocent anymore. That's exactly how that works.

Except Cap wanted to help Bucky even before the cops arrived and Bucky pranced around near-killing people around him while Cap did all the work needed to keep his ass from being blasted by the cops and the officials.

>Bucky literally tried to kill about a dozen people before he heard the magic words. Life is cheap to him but lets get mad at one of the orphans he made getting stabby.
>Really?
This.

>moral luck

Fucking kill yourself

Throwing an exploding grenade away from yourself isn't a crime. I mean, you have to reach pretty damn hard to blame anyone other than the guy who used the grenade.