His country hasn’t manufactured a single tank

>His country hasn’t manufactured a single tank.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzly_I_cruiser
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman_Firefly
youtu.be/F2lo8fsAOB4
youtube.com/watch?v=9yApnwRHxTA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nahuel
youtube.com/watch?v=lq_0dP3owN0
youtube.com/watch?v=nohGiQmOxlc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>building tanks since 1917
>haven't produced a good one
It is better to never try than fail continuously

We did though

Sherman was great though

wrong

>We used to build tanks
>We used to build planes
>We used to build artillery
What went so wrong?

Sherman was based off of Canadian designs but it was made in the US.

"Neutrality" is what went wrong.

But it was an American tank.
The Canadians modified it just like the British did.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzly_I_cruiser
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman_Firefly

I thought it was anti-US bantz

We tried to but the Americans sabotaged out project. It was going to be the greatest MBT in the world.

Off-topic, but in your opinion was the Mexican Revolution justified? pls no "hitler was actually pretty cool"-esque explanation either

Most (uneducated) Chicanos over here see the revolutionaries (especially Zapata and Villa) in a good light, but from what I hear from my family is that the revolutionaries were pretty shit. What do Mexicans think?

WE

forever in our hearts [*]

youtu.be/F2lo8fsAOB4

T-34 is the best and the worst tank at the same time.

It's absolutely adorable. I want to eat it whole.

We made several "tanks" just in case of a Japanese invasion

How exactly that shovel kill someone?

I'm pretty sure that most countries are making tanks.

This tank basically ruined our reputation as capable engineers.

>Among others, the nuclear, biological and chemical (NBC) protection was found to be insufficient, forcing the crews to wear protective masks inside their tanks, thus greatly reducing the crews' performance
>The experts also found that the gearbox did not allow for shifting into reverse while the vehicle was moving, forcing the crew to stop the tank before reversing
>o make things even worse, the radios used in the tank tended to interfere with the turret control system, resulting in uncontrolled turret movements whenever the radios were used at full power

We are making IFVs, those count right?

no but drug submarines count

Only thing ruining Swiss engineering reputation is giving up and not trying again.

I'd say it was justified, anyone that wasn't in a power position or already rich was getting fucked over hard.

The reason revolutionaries aren't seen that well in Mexico is that they were literal commies.

:^)

It could be worse

>The tanks were constructed without the use of any formal plans or blueprints. Working from an American postcard depicting the conversion of a tractor to a 'tractor-tank'

>A lack of weapons meant that it was equipped with sixBren machine guns—two in the sides, two facing the front, one in the turret and one at the rear. The vehicle was very tall at 12ft (3.5 m) and performance was poor. Due to the lack of armour plate, corrugated (manganese) plating was used in the expectation it would deflect bullets. The crew of eight included one gunner who had to lie on a mattress on top of the engine to fire his Bren gun.

Isn't the degman just a vihor with lots of applique armor?

who would win? Bob semple or NI1?

6 guys with Bren guns and some sand bags are probably more of an obstacle than this thing.

imagine going to Kursk with that thing

The N1 has a significantly longer range but it's a lot lighter than the Semple and has a lower rate of fire against a vehicle which can probably penetrate its armor with MG fire anyways.

Yeah, it's basically a M-84 variant, with M-84 being based on T-72.

If you're looking for original designs, we have all kinds of wonderful homemade improvised 90s armored vehicles that every Warhammer 40k Ork would be proud to drive, including armored tractors. Pic related.

>20 september 1941
>20 tanks were used against romanian soldiers
>killdozers with turned on lights and sirens attacked unprepared romanians at night
>enemy routed soviet victory

We've had a couple of cool tanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=9yApnwRHxTA

kek at the filename

I like them, the degman and the technicals.

looks like straight outta syria

The STRV 103 is one of the fastest firing tanks in the world, it's a good tank.

>>His country hasn’t manufactured the most iconic tank ever.

You make them for us

Bravo Poland!

not that hard tbf

fixed your pic

>>o make things even worse, the radios used in the tank tended to interfere with the turret control system, resulting in uncontrolled turret movements whenever the radios were used at full power

:)

no one has even heard of this tank.

>Sherman was great though
no

Is that a fucking post ww2 assault gun?

Also this one

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nahuel

Is that one of those tractors with tin foil around it?

it is basically a mobile PAK, to fend off the hordes of the soviet union

that couldn't penetrate t64 front
that has no turret
great engineerink germanics

That's a STRV 103 (Stridsvagn 103). Designed to fight Russians in Swedish forests using an hydraulic system that allows it to shoot over terrain while leaving almost nothing of the tank visible to the enemy.

youtube.com/watch?v=lq_0dP3owN0

>105mm gun
>A Pak
It was a tank in its own right really, it also had ridiculously good protection for the time it was built in. I think the idea behind it was that when the Soviets stormed through Finland the STRV's would position themselves on hills and use their hydraulics to aim down at passing units.

That's one of the ideas that in paper sound great but in real life they suck

Meh. It was basically built to just dig itself down into the ground in the woods (which it can do) and get a few shots off only to haul ass afterwards.

It doesn't end there.

>A year before the Weltwoche article, another very dangerous fault was found. Switching on the heating system could lead to the main gun firing the round in the gun. This problem was caused by the fact that some systems shared the same electrical circuits. This problem never led to any accidents. In a sarcastic headline, Swiss tabloid Blick commented: "The Panzer 68 is much more dangerous than it seems!"

>His country hasn’t had megalomaniac tank projects

>Swiss tabloid Blick commented: "The Panzer 68 is much more dangerous than it seems!"
bretty good banter

That's why we now use superior German hardware.

No matter anyways.
The next big war will be fought using drones. Not the expensive ones, but the ones that are so cheap that is almost not worth shut them down.

Drive a tank in a next war, will be like charging machine guns with horses...

>no
It was logistically the best tank of the war and it was modular enough that dozens of variants were made.

Why do you think Porfirio gets praise on this board and Sup Forums? Is it because people think Porfirio might've been good in the long run like Pinochet or something?

Because ignoring how he fucked the population he actually did the country itself really good.

Idk if it's bullshit or not but I heard the peso was worth slightly more than the dollar at one point during his rule, and not only that but he was also the one who started building infrastructure in the country.

ayyo we wuz tanks n shieet

Fucking embarassing

Why do Canadians keep taking credit for American things?

This reminds me something

British Technology is the best! youtube.com/watch?v=nohGiQmOxlc

we tried but fucked up the shell design

That and the turret was a heavy motherfucker to mount on the hull and suspension we chose. All in all, Finland couldn't into tanks. Did some alright planes though I guess.

it's basic rat mentality, same reason why some people still praise PRI even after the uncountable human right violations to mexican citizens.
They think that if they praise them enough they'll get a bite of the bone, same shit happens with poor redneck idolizing millionaires and reality tv stars, they unironically believe that shillling enough for them they'll become a somehow wealthier and successful person.
You can just shove into their faces stats about how pri murdered thousand and thousands of people and will say something among the lines "cry me a river leftist hippie, I love PRI because they make commies cry ahaha, so edgy"

Anything as cute as this?

Unfortunately we didn't into jet designs. Just made a bunch of prop fighters that were more or less on par with the germans. (Cough, low grade glue causing parts to fall off mid-flight not withstanding)

Swedish postWW2 aircraft development does get me hard though. Shame the military industry over there isn't as awesome anymore.

that's vile not cute

It's extremely cute.

We had some funky shit going on

Ugly compared to Draken-kun.

direct copy of a German prototype to be desu

Yeah Draken is very aesthetic