Why Hasn't a Film or Television Program Had The Same Effect War of The Worlds Did?

sounds.mercurytheatre.info/mercury/381030.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zo_euND7Acs
youtube.com/watch?v=AYKdXABWaFg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The film of the train had people running out of the theater because they thought it was going to crash into them.

Blair Witch did a pretty good job,

Other than that, it's not the 1800's anymore and entertainment has changed.

An e-mail hack by the Russians led several credulous morons to believe that a pizza place in DC was a satanic temple or something, that's the closest I can think of.

This is true. Old fag here. It was my first year of art school and a website came out about this documentary of missing film students. We all believed it until a week or so before the movie came out and it was revealed to be an act.

The internet was still new so we didn't know about fake news then.

>An e-mail hack by the Russians
I knew you americans were brainwashed by the media but fucking hell, you need a labotomy.

We have access to too much information ever since television became prevalent. War of the Worlds had the benefit that the radio was the one and only immediate source of info, you had to wait for the newspaper tomorrow and it might not have something that happened hours before.

Im pretty sure you can do something like that via social media.

>Starts with tchaikovsky's first piano concerto

K I N O

>1999
>The internet was still new

OK it wasn't new, but it wasn't widely adopted by normies until MySpace.

/Thread

Also didn't help that the place itself (or the owners house, who cares, it was on the Instagram) was adorned with paintings depicting ritualized abuse, or that it featured one incredibly queer/creepy performer going on about how devilishly delicious their specials were.

youtube.com/watch?v=zo_euND7Acs

for the general public yes , dont be obtuse

there was a buffy episode in 97 about the internet it was hella mainstream by 99 buddy

their was no mass panic over this. it was a myth

Fuck off, you know what he means faggot

Because U.S. military intelligence runs Hollywood. You don't actually believe they leave that shit to chance but control every other parameter of acceptable public discourse, do you?

Pic related state-sponsored career

There was a fake nuclear terrorist attack back in the 1980s presented as a news show with satellite feeds. They had a disclaimer before returning from each commercial, spoiling the fun.

Because Welles succeeded. They never again believed what they heard without question, which is why he did it.

im a hardcore tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist but i still think pizzagate is retard shit. literally all the evidence you have are vague symbols and coded language. fucking step it up faggot. you act like you're le breaking the conditioning (hilarious alex jones meme :) upvote pls) but you're just gullible dumbasses getting swept up in utter nonsense.

fpbp

>fake news in 1999

Donald Trump invented fake news to cover up his Nazi plans.

youtube.com/watch?v=AYKdXABWaFg
this sent us to war

aol was bigger than myspace you dumb nigger

because Radio was serious stuff. People got their news from it ya cunt.

This. There may have been a few isolated people who were alarmed, but most people understood the premise and just enjoyed the show. The whole mass panic thing is a meme.

The Dark Knight