What do you do with a thief who steals from a comic shop?

What do you do with a thief who steals from a comic shop?

lock him up with only a copy of marville

It's $100 in merchandise, penny-change; he can always just come back and pay for it if it's so great.

Fuck, no-one's entitled to a profit.

I used to steal manga and Japanese Transformers from an import/gaming shop

In my fairness, I was a teenager and the shopkeeps used to be in the backroom playing video games all day, not even knowimg if people came into the store or not

It took them like over a year to wise up amd finally learn it was me

Not everyone gets paid disability for their aspergers, user

>Fuck, no-one's entitled to a profit.
I'm going to steal from you.

>$100
>penny-change
It's not like this is Gamestop or something. This isn't a nation-wide chain. Comic stores are already hard to come by, and this isnt helping at all

>they should just give the comics away, those greedy faggots.

Shoot him

You people really don't have any awareness do you? Easiest board to bait

I guess that depends on the local laws

>$100
>penny-change, no big deal
In for a penny, in for a pound I say.

When's the last time you've come across a comic book store with more than one quality item - more than one thing worth buying for a fan of anything?

Maybe they're being worked out of existence for a reason, man.

It's not their fault that people can't write good comics anymore. Blame SJWs.

one time i unintentionally stole a trade from my LCS on FCBD last year, i had my stack of free books, and i was going to buy a used trade, so i put it in my pile as i was walking around and i also took a book off of the wall i start talking with some buddies i ran into from high school and talk about whatever and then go to check out. the guy at the counter rings up my issue i had off the wall and sees my stack of free books and rings me up. i noticed the price was cheaper, but i assumed they had a deal going on in addition to the free books when i get home and open my bag,i see that i had the trade in my bag and wheni see my receipt, he only rung me up for the issue on the wall i honestly intended to buy it, it was around $5, but it was the employee's fault. you ALWAYS sort through the books people lay on the counter as they are checking out
yeah, OP's guy is a grade A nigger though. using your kid to help aid you in your crime? thats just shameful

I love blaming every problem on the SJWs, it makes me feel like there's a villain and I'm on the hero side

ok

All the time, actually. There are 5 shops in my area and they each have some good stuff.

>POS who is up for father of the year
Jesus Christ it's just some merch, the guy isn't raping his kid.
He's a thief, call him a thief, personal attacks beyond that are unnecessary and make you seem unprofessional.

He is exploiting his kid and using it to steal
What do you not understand?

>He's a thief, call him a thief,
I think the idea is he's conditioning the kid to think theft like that is fine. Whether or not he's doing it for the kid we don't know and it doesn't matter, he's setting a shit example as a parent.

Also I'm not sure what sort of professionalism is expected of someone after being robbed. I wasn't aware there was protocol to be followed, a list of words that can and can't be used.

Actual poor people go to jail for stealing less.

So, let me get this straight: you waste your time posting dumb statements on an anonymous image board and consider people responding to it a victory of some kind?

>POS
Just call him a nigger. Oh wait, that's "POC"

>trying so hard to be edgy you actually typed this out even though its clearly a white guy

What do you not?
Lots of people do way worse than that to their kids.
Get your shitty waifu back to Sup Forums.

>Also I'm not sure what sort of professionalism is expected of someone after being robbed. I wasn't aware there was protocol to be followed, a list of words that can and can't be used.
There are always words you shouldn't use on social media when you represent a business, "piece of shit" is one of them.
It's not a spurr of the moment thing, you're supposed to think before postng on social media.

>Lots of people do way worse than that to their kids.
>Somebodys not bad because other people are worse

>post reaction image
>automatically makes it my waifu
I guess Bobby Hill is my waifu now
Your argument needs some work, my dude

>in my fairness

What's fair about it? Do you think the anecdote you shared excuses your behavior?

You're a criminal, and probably still a delinquent.

How hard are you trying to win an argument on an anonymous imageboard?
Because I literally never implied that he wasn't doing anything bad. "Father of the year" implies that guy is spectacularly bad at being a father and really, he's just kind of entry-level bad father.

>focuses on the part that's off topic
>lol your arguments need work
Okay buddy, that's nice.

>How hard are you trying to win an argument on an anonymous imageboard?
>Proceeds to try his hardest to win an argument on an anonymous imageboard

You're a faggot

my black friend used to steal comics from Barnes and Nobles for me like all the time if I drove him to the mall so he could steal clothes for himself and his family

It didn't occur to him to steal a car and cut out the middleman?
>gas
Steal that too. In for a penny n' shit.

I had a similar situation one time with my LCS. They managed to scoop a trade set aside for someone else and put it in my bag with my pulls without charging me for it. I took it back when I had the chance, and they gave me a free comic as thanks. Yes, they could have been more careful, but you're a thieving nigger too.

A friend said one time someone came into their busy store and ran off with like $300 worth of books a few months ago.

During this recent FCBD, some guy asked if the wooden stands they had the free comics on display against were also free. He didn't have a comeback for such a stupid question and just flatly told him they were not.

I'm for punishing people, but some shit is worse than waterboarding. We have the Geneva Comic Conventions for a reason.

>I'm for punishing people, but some shit is worse than waterboarding. We have the Geneva Comic Conventions for a reason.
I'm always glad when I stay up for this sublime level of kek.

>free comic book day
>not every comic is free
They deserve it for false advertising

Tell us more about your trans girlfriend faggot

>Don't mind me, I'm just pirating this merchandise.

>just some merch, the guy isn't raping his kid.
People with no actual point to make like resorting to extreme comparisons to completely excuse the lesser crime. Why, thief dad is practically a saint.

You know how this works, nigger; a name-fag said it, so it's no longer counted as a contribution to the thread. Try again.

Got to keep those t levels up somehow, man.

Don't go up on me like that, fucko'; you're probably pirating something right now!

Cut his hands off, duh.

Ask him the full title of his favorite run and kick him in the gut for every letter on the cover.

Whats fair about it? A. Kids do mean things and B. If you can't care enough to look after your own wares you deserve to have it stolen

I would literally walk in and expect an employee to come out for service, but nothing, I'd just take things and walk right out the door

If it was that easy to steal from my house I'd deserve it

American law states if something you didnt pay for is given to you it counts as a gift.

This is to prevent stores from giving/sending you things the forcing you to pay.

>trans
>girlfriend
Wat

he should have his head crushed by a ton weight for the heinous assault on humanity, moving a colored piece of paper from one building to another building, what scum

oh man me and my friends would steal dozens of manga's from Barnes and Nobles daily in high school. Shit was so easy it was such a huge store and all we had to do was peel off a sticker and put the comic in our bag. god i miss those days.

It's not a matter of law. It's the principle. You benefited off of someone else's mistake.
It may be "legal", but it's not right.
So 1), you are a thief, and 2) to justify one wrong act, you try to twist a very specific law to cover your misdeed.
You're a self-entitled, immature piece of shit.

Stealing on FCBD? Why that's almost like getting something for free!
This is free. And that is free. And I like that, good thing it's free. Oh look, some more freeness.
I suggest standard community service equal to the local law covering the retail worth of the goods stolen. Also, "dumbass" goes on his criminal record.

I almost agree. Man the counter means man the damn counter! Did they even have a little bell?

That's like saying it's theft if someone gives you the wrong order.

>it's ok to steal in moderation guys WHO CARE OK I AM SPECIAL
wow.
just wow.
Enjoy your black dicks in prison faggot.

I want the millennial to leave. We all can't have mommy and daddy's money like you can.

This is why we have such a problem with namefags on Sup Forums everybody either ignores the problem or refuses to pay attention to anything they say.

Just respond to a person's post normaly and then call them a gigantic fucking faggot for namefagging.

Nice dubs

It's actually literally is a mater of law. You are legally entitled to things that are given to you, even if the giver decides to change his mind or wasn't paying attention. It is not theft if something is given to you.

This is not an argument. It is a legal fact. If you run a store and this makes you butthurt, realize that if you choose to run a business in America you don't get to pick and choose what laws you follow.

Not at all, and that's a shit example.
If you get a wrong order, USUALLY you tell the staff, and they fix it for you.

Look stop trying to justify what you did.
You know it's wrong, otherwise you wouldn't make excuses and try to argue that "it's OK". If i wanted to bother with it, and keep this stupid debate going, you'd keep on justifying and excusing to the very end, grasping at straws, trying to cast the spotlight off of yourself on to someone or something else. But I don't have the desire to. You'll keep thinking you're right, and won't consider otherwise, and I'll continue to think (rightly so) that you're a piece of shit. So I'll save the trouble and say good day.

>Land of the free
>You have to pay

I steal whenever it's possible that I'm going to get away with it. Morals are for super heroes, not real life. Grow the fuck up.

>milennial
>mfw everyone born after 1985 is a millenial
>mfw baby boomers fucked up more

>You know it's wrong
Except it isn't.

>otherwise you wouldn't make excuses and try to argue that "it's OK"
I don't have to. The US Government has already done it for me.

By the way, you're arguing with at least two separate people you free market faggot.

Well i mean say whatever you want about the sandpeople, handcutting for crime is kinda smart.

Everyone knows youre a theif and its harder for you to steal because if you get caught then no hands.

>not stopping the crime means deserving the crime.
My wife shouldn't get raped because she wasn't in a chastity belt and 3 layers of clothing. My car shouldn't be stolen for shatterable glass. My test shouldn't be cheated off of because I'm not hunched over.
They were shit at business but that doesn't mean they deserve to lose shit. You do the crime, you do the crime. Stealing is stealing.

Which is funny, since that exact mentality is what motivates SJWs and leads to their Manichean world view and inability to see shades of gray.

Steal bread and milk from a comic shop, like any respectable father would do.

Invent a machine to bring the heroes in the comics he stole to life. Allow them to punish him as they see fit.

It is in Italy.

It's really not. Do you know who the richest people in the world are? Thieves, white collar criminals.

You're a fucking idiot if you don't steal when it is advanageous to you or think the system means anything.

Jesus Christ, I once took a complimentary postcard from a hotel once and felt bad because I couldn't remember if it was in fact free or not (it was but it would have cost 25 cents or so if it had not be).

I consider pirating more along the line of cheating than stealing.

Ok, I'll bite. Who did Soros/Koch/Trump/Bloomberg/Gates/Buffet/etc steal from?

Yeah, and make his kids watch or something tss tss

Everyone after 1982 generally, but before 9/11. 99% of Sup Forums are Millenials.

Personally I think twenty-year "generations" are stupid. I was born in 1985, but I look at you 90s babies like you're Martians.

Nah, you're just rationalizing your behavior. It's rarely advantageous if you look at the big picture, but most people seldom do.

Soros stole people's lives

Finally, some quality bait!

Return of goods, suspended sentence and mandatory public service.

There's a definite change with kids born in the mid-90s or so. Lot more kids past that point grew up in zero tolerance, hugbox schools, and are now easily triggered SJWs.

Lol you don't know the names of the real rich people. You don't know what banking is.

You're just living in an idealistic world if you think morality has any physical benefit. Comic books cartoons and movies are not real life.

>Lol you don't know the names of the real rich people. You don't know what banking is.

Enlighten us.

...He probably just thought all the comics in the store were free. I know I did on my first one.

Not like, hardcover shit of course. But I thought it meant we could get like a limited number of the stock they usually keep in boxes and what not.

They should think about doing it because it's not like anyone buys that shit anyways.

Why steal comics from a store when you can just download them?

But he's not talking about what legal or not, he's talking about whats moral.
And morally, if you choose to punish a store thats probably barely breaking even because of a honest mistake, your a bit of a cunt, brah.

Thieving scum. Now if you'll excuse me in off to the win o thread to download all this week's comics for free

If I plan on stealing something I always check the positions of the cameras beforehand, then come back later.
That said I don't steal anymore.

more relevant to the discussion, I would make the dude pay for all the stuff he stole plus some. The "some" he'd need to pay, I don't know how much it should be.
Maybe a few wacks to the clavicle or the shins.

You can be a thief and still think thieving is wrong. You're just consistently doing a bad thing.

I think he's talking about the literal Family that essentially owns all the banks in the world.

Is that Anthony Burch?

nah fuck him. piece of shit

You just described a bank robbery.

Cut his nose off/brand his face. Steals again, cut off hand. Tries once more, cut off other hand.
I dunno, I'm sure Terry Jones knows a lot of medieval punishments.

I'm going to take $100 dollars from you and tell you it's ok because it's not that much, you autistic new-age faggot.

I've dl tens of thousands of dollars worth of comics over the years, and those of you criticizing this guy or me, you damn well better not have every read a storytime on this board, ever.