Gandalf sent Frodo and Sam to their deaths

Gandalf sent Frodo and Sam to their deaths.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MfJirrzRQ60
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no he didnt you fucking retard

It was a calculated risk. Also the Hobbits had a stake in saving Middle Earth, they live there.

he sent frodo to his death, sam was dead weight that chose to tag along and hinder master baggins

Answer this lorefags: why didn't Gandalf just teleport to Mount Doom?

Fuck that hack Tolkien

Frodo was the one that chose to run off by himself. Most of the fellowship planned to go all the way to Mordor with him if need be.

>sam was dead weight
nigga i will fight you in real life

How did he expect a fucking sheltered little rich Hobbit to survive in the wilderness not to mention Mordor?

that stupid fat hobbit was holding frodo back the whole time, and let's be real, he wasn't following him out of loyalty to frodo, he was obviously just coveting the ring

Why didn't Gandalf use Force Speed to help Frodo and Sam get to Mordor?

I must have missed the part where they died.

OP BTFO

"fry, you fuels"

they all chose to go actually

you could even see him being sad about him volunteering

why didnt the beagles just fry them to more door

*gives u blowjob*

go fuck yourself gollum

"ill send those little hairy cunts lmfao banter lads"

why didn't frelldo and sandwinds gangerballs just stay at the proncip potty and wait for gramgif, making agranorg fight the death eaters for them?

Because Sam would turn invisible.

What the fuck did Sam do?
Make chips from POE TATE TOES?
FAT FUCK was useless.

Based Sam made delicious coney stew. Frodo would have starved without him.

he literally saved Frodo's life multiple times and carried him up a fucking mountain. go back to your underground riddles smeagol you pale fuck.

The whole fucking point is that Gandalf knew they would succede, the dude is a Maiar and was present at the creation of the world. LotR borrows heavily from religion for a lot of its context, it's heavily implied that the Valar are angelic beings that do not directly interfere in mortal concerns but serve to guide them towards a greater good. Gandalf knew they would succede given the right conditions for success.

youtube.com/watch?v=MfJirrzRQ60

no he ruined perfectly good food and was wasted their food reserves. he was detrimental to frodo's journey

Gandalf doubts his decision several times. What are you talking about?

fellowship rankings

Gandalf=Sam>Boromir>Aragorn>Legolas>Gimli>Merry>>>>Pippin>>>>>Frodo

There's a difference between knowing what needs to he done to succeede and and knowing what you do will absolutely succeede.

>What the fuck did Sam do?
Slaughtered the spawn of Ungoliant and dragged the Ringbearer's ass up the mountain when his body and spirit were drained to the last bit.

Even the movies succeed in getting across the truth that Samwise was the real hero of Lord of The Rings.

Why is Boromir so high?

because he spend almost his entire life fighting a war for his people against Mordor, slipped up in the presence of The Ring thinking it could save his people and made up for his mistake by sacrificing himself for Merry and Pippin.

I'll accept it.
Then why the gap between Merry and Pippin?

Merry was actively supportive of Frodo and loyal to a fault, he helped kill the Nazgul Lord. Pippin was actively foolish. He got the Fellowship in trouble with his recklessness.

Played by Sean Bean.

SAM DID LITERALLY FUCKING EVERYTHING IN THE BOOKS HOLY SHIT YOU PLEB TIER NIGGER, FRODO WAS USELESS IN MORDOR

TRUE FELLOWSHIP RANKING

Sam>Gandalf>Aragorn>Boromir>Gimli>Legolas>Frodo>Merry>Pippin

He should have just used his lvl 9 magic missile, which can remove an enchantment from any magic item!

The correct answer is because the books would have been shorter than a Hardy Boys novel and then what would Tolkien and his fans spent their entire lives jacking off to?

>muh sam was the real hero
If Frodo died or turned back and left the ring with Sam he'd just start waddling back to the Shire himself since he had no greater motivation or sense of obligation to save the world, he followed Frodo as a loyal friend. Only Frodo had the fortitude to volunteer for the task, see that task through to the end, an ability to charge forward to save those he never met and grasp what was really at stake, while also being able to fight the ring long enough to succeed.

Aragorn, Legolas, or Gimli would've gone mad like Boromir did if he stuck around though.

The dumbest part of the movies is when Frodo tells Sam to "go home" when they've made it to the heart of Mordor. What the fuck, Jackson?

Bait aside, it is true that Frodo is often seem as weak or not as capable as Sam, but he still carried the ring and its burden all the way to Mordor, to the edge of doom before he giving in.

There's nothing bait about the post. It's literally all true. Sam was driven out of friendship but never would've volunteered to carry the ring and never would've walked to Mordor if the roles were reversed.

It was a calculated risk.
Meanwhile, Dumbledore pretended to be Harry's friend throughout most of his life only to use him as bait for the dark lord and eventually have him killed.

But he did take up the quest when he thought Frodo had died. Sam is just as much a hero if not more than Frodo.

No.
Maiar are not Valar, and not even the Valars were allowed knowledge about Illuvatar's song true intent.
Both Maiar and Valar had also been stripped of their powers after the great war that destroyed a continent.

This although Aragorn by book three is sorta calling the shots.

>Frodo is often seem as weak or not as capable as Sam
That's not the reaction I had. If we came into the story halfway into Two Towers, then I can get your point. But, the audience gets to see Frodo at the beginning, full of life. But, starting with the stabbing by the Nazgul, we watch as his body and spirit start to degrade. He also is definitely more intelligent than Sam is.
With Frodo, you watch a perfectly happy healthy hobbit go through complete destruction, like a heavyweight boxer punching you in the head, while simultaneously beating you in chess and stealing your wallet, then destroying whatever hope you have a contented life after all that.
And in the end, the only thing Frodo lost was a finger. I just don't really find that to be a portrayal of weakness.

>the only thing Frodo lost was a finger.

Not really true. Frodo never fully recovered from the ordeal which is why in the end he chose to go to the undying lands rather than live out his life in the Shire.

Not kidding, i nearly walked out. He should have had them lose each other and separate in the cave where Gollum attacks Frodo. I skip that scene every time i watch the trilogy. I can't describe how much I hate it.

He went deeper into Mordor with a vague hope of finding Frodo after wearing the ring for a very short time. I really doubt Tolkien would contest that Sam wouldn't have made it as far. And the great irony of that is that Sam wouldn't have made it as far despite being less affected by the ring, just because he lacks the same purpose as Frodo.

>He also is definitely more intelligent than Sam is
Not really. He is very naive and makes some really bad calls.
He is well educated and comes from a higher class than Sam, though. He is highly literate and good with words.

eru literary told him not to directly interfere

he could otherwise

the "i dare not touch it" bullshit is just a coverup

The more important question is who financed the fellowship? Did Elrond spend Rivendell's taxes on them? Did the Elves agree for their hard-earned money tonne spent on supplies for fat-nasty hobbities?

Sam went after him, too.
After Rosie died, I think?

Why is it that outrageous that carrying the evilest object in Middle Earth would make him paranoid and mean to his friend?

It's not. It's that Sam would actually turn around and leave. He just wouldn't.

I get what Jackson was going for but he utterly failed in execution imo. It was just flat out a bad decision just like the changes they made to Faramir.

Me neither, I never said so. I see Frodo as the one who struggled the most, his mental fortitude and willpower are inconceivable.

Oh yeah, I forgot that happened. That is pretty silly.

Illuvatar didn't tell him not to interfere. He took away the powers of the divines at Erda, to avoid another calamity (after the first battle with Melkor).
It is implied that he intended the new "verse in the song" to be dedicated to the mortals, and that they would have to take responsibility for their destiny - Although his true intents are obscured, even to the Valar who remained by his side.

They were just given some food and sent on their merry way, user.

>it's implied
fuck you it's clear as day

Nothing is clear to anyone when it comes to Illuvatar's plan.
It's the same as in the bible. They worship him on faith alone, believing in a greater purpose only conceivable by the creator.

Second dumbest part is when Faramir doesn't just let Frodo go right then and there.
These two decisions by Jackson, even though so simple, ruined the perfection of characters.

Just like any other general since the beginning of mankind.

The modern school of drama and writing teaches that ALL characters need to be "dynamic". That is, to have a challenge/conflict and grow into a new person through dealings with said issue.
Tolkien understood that characters and events can be significant and interesting, even with people who are true to themselves and their values, and unchanging in the face of bitter challenge.

gb2bed Smeagol

How you have increased my sorrow, you two strange wanderers from a far country, bearing the peril of Men! But you are less judges of Men than I of Halflings. We are truth-speakers, we men of Gondor. We boast seldom, and then perform, or die in the attempt. Not if I found it on the highway would I take it I said. Even if I were such a man as to desire this thing, and even though I knew not clearly what this thing was when I spoke, still I should take those words as a vow and be held by them.

Can't wait to read this book to my kids

Good man

Wait until they're at least 10-11, though. Else they'll miss a lot of the meaning, and imagery, and they'll think the writing slow and boring.