Have you seen Stranger Things? Is it worth watching? I heard it's nothing but derivative...

Have you seen Stranger Things? Is it worth watching? I heard it's nothing but derivative. If I've already seen Spielberg and ng flicks will this show register as white noise?

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/documents-reveal-stranger-things-really-freaked-out-the-1787500314
instagram.com/p/BT5dEzNhkzK/
youtube.com/watch?v=DosgRM1l_cY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

'tis good. Not a materpiece of course.

it's no more derivative than most genre shows, it just wears its influences on its sleeve

It's good, feels like a comic book/manga plus Amblin film.

It's a comfy coming of age series

How to make this show 1000x better
>Make Nancy the kid's brother (Can't remember his name)
>Make Jonathan an older friend of his
Half this show is a terrible 'relationship' between these two characters that was not needed and made the story much worse.

AND WE WILL PUNCH NAZIS IN THE FACE

we can be heroes

just for one day

CAREFUL WITH THE LEWDNESS

9/10 show, well worth watching. i'd give it a 10 if it wasn't for the fucking epilepsy shit

it's nothing mind blowing but it's fun

It's shit and overrated. It's also about 5 episodes too long.

Millie Bobby Brown is a qt and I wish her success in the future

extremely overrated and forgettable normie shit but not entirely bad

It's a great show but it sadly can't be mentioned on Sup Forums without summoning Finn posters.

Dafnebot, is that you?

Did you came back? Did you came back from the grave?

This made me so happy

No, I'm a different bot.

Jesus christ that was shit, I hope you aren't trying for a future in writing

it's worth watching if you've got nothing else to do. it's nothing groundbreaking but it's entertaining enough for a watch. the nostalgia pandering isn't as bad as some people here imply it is.

Where are the skeletonfu posters

Preety good, not a 10/10 but it's a good idea, well acted and decently written

How so? It doesn't change the story in the slightest. Nancy would be looking for her brother and Jonathan looking for his somewhat friend. Had they made Jonathan the friend's sibling and Nancy the sister, it would have been much better. Jonathan would have been 'looked up to' by everybody else and have some connection to them, so he would feel obligated to look for him. You're a retard if you can't see that.

Derivative, sure. But what the fuck isn't these days?
I say go for it. It's far from the worst thing on netflix these days

one of her best pctures tbqh

If I watched the show with your ideas implemented I would hate it so much more, never make a stupid ass suggestion like this again

As I said at the end, "You're a retard if you can't see that."

>calls people retards because they don't like his horrible rewrites

You have serious mental problems

And I bet you'd have her fuck Jonathan. Fuck off, you autist.

I'm not a moron who tries and fails miserably to "fix" shows so stop projecting on me you mongoloid

First 4 episodes and the building of suspense were a masterstroke, the episodes that followed weren't that great but were still respectable.

A cute!

I want a show with the cop doing with shit way above his pay grade.
I don't care if it's been done a hundred times.

It's pretty good. It got a lot right about experiences dealing with astral projection (I speak from experience, and no I don't browse /x/), and had real world consequences in the U.S. Department of Energy that we know thanks to one of the Markay brothers FOIA'ing them.

gizmodo.com/documents-reveal-stranger-things-really-freaked-out-the-1787500314

I also get a kick out of seeing Sup Forums misinterpret and blow up one of the season's ending scenes (when a certain character gets into a black car). Growing up in Florida near a Department of Energy plant next to a large body of water I found some of the choices in their storytelling eerily on point.

She looks like a girl in high school I used to ditch and get high with

Its a good show but I don't like the Sheriff, he's a try-hard tough guy

Eleven is super cute

Very solid. Feels like a high quality horror/adventure throwback.

It is user

I'm glad Hollywood is making it normal to think smol girls are cute. Dafne and Millie are converting so many.

That's basically what he did.
Though he was a bit too "together" the whole time but I guess I just went with the assumption he was a regular city cop but now that I think of it he might just be an ex-spook given how he knew everyone's tricks already.

Also Dr. Badman was a pretty shit tier at his cover up.

>smol

I see another tumblr meme has made its way here

instagram.com/p/BT5dEzNhkzK/ So cute!

'Ex-spook moves to small town to get away from it all but it follows him' is great too. I kinda figured the same, he seemed a little to familiar with everything.

It's good to see my wife and my mistress getting along

Jesus Christ that dancing.

I love em both but damn thats cringey but its okay their kids.

Why though? I don't see what's gained. You'd also completely have to rewrite Joyce as well. Jon's character works so much better as a guy forced to fill in for his shitty absentee dad.

Did they kissed?

This. I feel like it was moving too slowly but other than that it was good

>make Nancy the kid's brother

That's my wife you faggot.

During the break, yes

Millie looks normal but the other girl is going full autismo

It's got some good parts. I wouldn't say it's bad on any level.

If anything it'll give you some common ground with normies at work who still won't watch Dune despite how many times I recommend it.

It's alright. Highly overrated but good nonetheless.
It's worth a watch.

why is anoncap such a pleb?

Derivative but the atmosphere makes up for it.

The atmosphere IS derivative as well.
I think it's more the fact they atleast do interesting things with the homages they're making.
It's a mash up of Alien/ET/IT etc but they're not playing it 100% straight in any of the homages.
The "Xenomorph" isn't some unstoppable force when they got their shit together and got rocked by a couple of teenagers with a good plan.
"ET" was a good girl but she was also a legitimate threat and the government had deeper motives to want her rather than "she's different and that's spooky"

It's a good show

Just for the love of god do not follow the actors off show

They are all fucking insufferable

Watch any of Elevens interviews and you'll want to neck yourself

That and the complete autistic speech they gave at that awards show

There's a lot of Stephen King stuff in it too (evidenced even by the logo itself)

I like the show

it pissed me off that they used this song though, which was much better utilized in The Sopranos

youtube.com/watch?v=DosgRM1l_cY

it's well made and watchable but ultimately forgettable, the very definition of a 6/10

Great kids show, but yeah, it borrows a looot from other movies and it may annoy old moviegoers who saw this stuff before.
Also ending is weak.
Still 7/10 for me

Weak b8
the references are for the old moviegoers to enjoy, if you didn't watch the movies they borrow from it becomes a lesser experience

4/10 made me reply

Bait?
What you call homage i call a cheap rip off and lack of originality.
I dont mind one or two nods to another movie or tv series, but Stranger Things bases its entire plot threads around it which ultimately detracts form the show itself.
Pretty sure most of the fans of this show are teens and younger viewers, myself i had hard time finding enjoyment in it by the last 2 episodes.

that girl was so fucking skinny

it bothered me everytime she was on

>I heard it's nothing but derivative.
This is mostly true, but it's a fun watch anyway.

Do you think they'll take one with Sophia once It is out

Good artists copy, great artists steal

SKELETOR
K
E
L
E
T
O
R

Too old

who's the one on the left

It's pretty damn cool, and better than I expected.

I think Millie is the cutest kid ever but someone needs to tell her to stop smiling RIGHT NOW

NEVER SMILE AGAIN

Reddit meme fucking garbage like this is why I tell people I never watched it. I once got stuck in a conversation with a guy who wouldn't shut up about the Upside down and how it's all derived from some Lovecraft shit and then started talking about blood rituals.

I fucking hate this show.

If you let fandoms ruin something for you then I'm surprised you can find anything to enjoy.

It's why I only watch things nerds hate.

It's not derivative, the plot it's its own thing. There's plenty of homagery going on, but mostly in style and some visual references, without losing its own identity.

on the contrary, if you like spielberg/carpenter and stuff its for the best. worrying about it not being that "original" is dumb. everything is borrowed. its like music, someone probably played those chords already dude, you don't invent shit.

its short and stylish, has a great cast and anyway i feel that even if its strongly inspired by stuff, its still "had its own lane" and filled a niche that other things weren't at this time. originally it was winona that compelled me to watch it, but it would stand up even without her.

It's pretty good and simple.
It's not kino and it doesn't try to be.
Has some plot holes and stuff but it is interesting enough to keep watching.
It's a shitty kids b movie turned into a neato show.

anybody else not give a fuck about stranger things and just a fan of winona?

I love that oven dodging little cutie pie~

what a lovely woman

>she will never mire you

I like ST but WR is my kikefu. Would fuck if all the white women on earth were dead.

>anybody else not give a fuck about stranger things and just a fan of winona?

Eh, her insanely shitty acting was the one thing that made me want to drop Stranger Things despite the great 80's feels.

I hope they get her to do more of those drugs she did at the award show next time they shoot, at least she was amusing when high.

>shitty acting
She nailed it, acted exactly like a freaked out mother would

Dafne Keen

>She nailed it, acted exactly like a freaked out mother would

No. Her shitty attempt at 'freaked out' was cringe-worthy, it was made even more cringe-worthy by the fact that everyone else on the show could act.

Come to think of it, could she ever act ? It's not as if she ever had any demanding parts.

Cute. I need to watch Logan. I still haven't even finished stranger things.

Prime Wionana literally one of the most beautiful people on the earth.

Lol

Was srsly one of the biggest cases of projection Ive seen in awhile. I laughed out loud. Sperging bc people don't like his imaginary version of a show... glad Im not that guy.

Every ST thread is flooded with those retarded pedos who spam that Eleven kid, it's so goddamn annoying.

Cute Froggo

How can a face be so cute?

whoever made this fan""""art"""" needs to be shot

lmao

i mean an eldritch abomination that's captured her kid is periodically bursting through the walls of her house trying to eat her, among other shit

It's really sad that people are watching this or JJA Abrams bullshit like Super 8 because of Amblin nostalgia, meanwhile new Spielberg or Zemeckis films like War Horse, BFG, The Walk, etc. which have far more soul and talent are flopping left and right.

If you want to see a TV show with the Amblin spirit and quality, watch Amazing Stories which was recently remasted in blu-ray. A pulp fiction anthology show with episodes directed by Spielberg, Zemeckis, Dante, Eastwood, Scorsese, Kershner, Brad Bird, music by John Williams... I assure you 99% of people who watched Stranger Things due to the Netflix propaganda brainwashing machine have never even heard of it before.