American Gods

I just watching this and am almost done the first episode. What did think of it Sup Forums?

We will talk about it like the masterpiece that it is and by the time it gains massive popularity (season 2 or 3), we will shit all over it and claim it was always shit.

they filmed an episode of this in my tiny town last year

i wish i would have known so i could have killed every single one of them

OP here. Ive given up already. Start episode 1 with dat white women love thems bbcs. Whatever, I overlooked cause the show has otherwise interesting things going. Start episode 2. DA BLACK MANS OPPRESSED YALL. WHITEY INVENTED SLAVERY. Click. Done. No longer interested.
Just started the patriot which im actually enjoying.

I'm excited

It's had it's moments but kind boring.

but the only cucks were Shadow and the best friend's wife
holy shit Sup Forums has lost touch

I liked the book a lot but knew it would not do well on the screen, and while I'm enjoying the show I'm not sure it's any good

The slaves were manipulated into sacrifice for the god's benefit. You had a weird takeaway

It's actually pretty extreme in this episode
>black man got cucked by a white guy
>white guy has a huge dick that's shown
>black guy is too much of a sentimental pussy to bang his friends wife
>nignogs get tricked into chimping out by a god that they know is a master of tricking people
>they literally get themselves killed so he can have a bit of power

You really need to learn some basic grammar and to learn how to structure your sentences better.
Reading your posts is like reading a post from a fifth grader.

> + no exposition
> + no explanation
> + some good idears

> - has the True Blood stink
> - nigger lead
> - other niggers
> - obvious women writers
> - zack snyder visuals in episode 1

It's a pretty cool show desu desu.

What kind of weirdo keeps the hammer he used to kill cows on his mantle?

Honestly, I felt that way after episode 1. Way too cliche, all of it visible from a block away. Won't be watching any more.

Spider kang brought racial hatred and pimps and rap to america

Thats all there is to it

Bit of a lore below:
He's Chernobog himself, the "Black\Dark god" if roughly translated from russian. Chernobog is god of all evil things. Literally everything bad is his domain.
So, you know, тoвapищ, it's sort of ok for him to keep hammer. Moreso, I'd say it wasn't only cows. Really, I'm much impressed that he haven't boiled chilren and blood of virgins on table instead of vodochka and golubci.

The infamous Fury Road Syndrome again

Just the intro sequence alone makes this kino

Episode 2's opening was pretty weird, seemed like it was making out Anansi to be a god of vengeance and rage, rather than a story-telling, affable trickster. The most charitable interpretation I could think of is that he gypped the slaves into sacrificing the whole ship to himself. He could also be a younger Anansi, but given that he demonstrates 'foreknowledge' of the slaves' fate that seems unlikely. I hope, at least, by the time they introduce him in Shadow's timeline they'll have aged him and turned him into more like book Anansi.

Also, at the pace we're going, I wonder where season 1 will end - Wednesday's assassination?

Getting pretty tired of over the top intro sequences. Also, episode two had shitloads of Bilquis-filler - unbirthing loads of people (already freaking established you lazy hacks) and faffing about at a museum exhibit about herself, presumably to sate the brainless SJWs who complain that it doesn't have enough established female characters.

DUDE FRUIT PUNCH SPILLING OUT OF PEOPLE'S HEADS LMAO

Is it explained in the book why Odin's son is a nigger? Or this is one of those "insert black dude instead of white because mu diversity" moments? Oh my, did i spoil something?

Such boring fucking dialogue holy shit

yea, they made him a little too dark, in the book he is described as racially ambiguous.

It really is off-putting hearing people talk like edgy teenagers all the time.

This show has some good bits, (The opening viking sequence, McShane as Wednesday, Unbirth :^)) but it's really fucking dull in-between them.

I'm glad I only watch it stoned.

It's supposed to be a """""twist""""".

The literal god of evil

Is this in any way based on Niel Gaiman's book?

This, in the beginning of the book he is asked if he has black blood in him, and he says he doesn't know

are you retarded?

The actor is clearly mixed, he fits the description of the books probably as well as was realistically possible.

You can always excuse it saying it's gods or whatever, but he looks like he could have a white dad.

His mother wasnt white, but yeah he's a little too dark to match book Shadow.

Which "Coming to America" sequence are you guys looking forward to most?

I can't wait for the Irish waifu

Watched the first 120 seconds, wasn't entertained. Dropped for good.

The one that Mr Ibis narrates.

Just finished the book yesterday.Going to start this today.

Needs more closeups of dicks.

I was gonna comment that this remoinds me of Heelblazer at times, but the first ten comments are all the same "not casting white male protagonist is a political move".

I'm too bored to go on with the thread.