How to get into being a movie actor Sup Forums?

Ey bois, how can someone get into the movie industry? Like being an actor and getting into flicks? Preferably no dick sucking involved.

1) Be rich

Can you act?
No, that's irrelevant.
Are you good looking?
Are you tall?
Do you have a charming personality?
Do you dress professional and dashing?

If you said no to any of this then give up now.

>Are you good looking?
I'd say so. Blue eyes and getting /fit/
>Are you tall?
5'10" which is sorta manlet status but I guess taller than Robert Downhere Junior
>Do you have a charming personality?
Yes
>Do you dress professional and dashing?
Sometimes

Audition for literally anything and everything.
You have to suck dick to make it in the industry, either physically or metaphorically.

What resources can I use to find auditions? Like are there websites or some shit?

Disregard that, i suck cock. Be Jewish.

>DYEL manlet with an ugly face (had to point out eye color ffs)
>Thinks he's charming
O lawd. Post a picture of yourself so this blog post can end.

hey fuck off, I've been compared with kevin bacon

post face faggot

Look up any local agencies nearby. Usually they have open calls for talent auditions. You can also check craigslist or backpage for casting calls for student films as practice.

You're going to have to give Harvey Weinstein that boipussy.

You do know that the people talking to the stars of a movie are also actors that had to audition for that role, right?

thanks

Anyone who thinks they're going to make it in Hollywood w/o family connections is a literal idiot who is going to get what they deserve.

Try to be a niche actor. Like have something that makes u stand out, be it how u look, or how u act. Do that one thing well, and u might be able to break into the biz.

Are you people actually this fucking naive?

baka

Don't be an idiot. Like this guy is saying, there are all types of actors. OP is asking about being in leading roles probably but still. Doesn't mean he can't audition for and try to book some local commercials and stuff like that.

I'd strongly advise you take some basic acting and improv classes since you seem pretty inexperienced. Have you acted at all before? Like school plays or anything?

You've got a better chance buying lottery tickets.

How are there people still so stupid they can't see Hollywood for what it is?

Again, you're thinking only of movie stars. That's the top tiny percentage of actors.

This

/thread

Enjoy 3 years of waiting tables before your dumb ass moves back to where you came from.

I was in one or two school plays, and did a lot of skits/improv stuff

I'm just pointing out the flaw in your logic is all.

You haven't spent much time in LA have you?

This is the truth whether you want to accept it or not.

I don't think you've ever been to L.A. LA is Louisiana.

Look up some local talent agencies then. Preferably ones that book for union productions.

Smh

There really is a new crop of retards turning 18 evey year.

It's shills. They're doing it to give the illusion that Hollywood is an actual business that you can break into.

>Are you tall?
plenty of leading men in hollywood are manlets

OP did not ask how to become a movie star. He asked how to get into acting. Some of us are actually trying to give him earnest advice.

You need a niche. A type of energy that only you can bring. Ask people who'll be honest, based on your look and personality what kind of character do they see you as. Think about if that's the kind of role you'd be comfortable doing. Then do everything you can to amplify that part of your personality and audition for those roles. This means shopping for clothes for this character. Going to the kind of places he would hang out. Modulating your speech pattern based on your vision of this character.

Unless you're well connected or a once in a generation actor you can't succeed in the industry based on looks and talent. Hard work and filling a niche will get you further than anything else.

And he isn't one of them.
Yet.

This.

Fuck off shill.

This thread fools no one.

In all honesty being a character actor is more about your look and screen presence. Alan Dale is a great example of an actor that found his perfect niche later in life as an intimidating and/or sinister high powered business guy.

Yep. You have to be born into Hollywood.

It's all bullshit.

Hollywood is pro wrestling.

Do you think that just happens by accident? I'm sure he's spent a lot of time honing aspects of his look and persona to amplify that. Sure, you need to have the basic look that fits the character (which is why I said ask other people what they see you as) but you need to work at making that stand out and that comes from body language and speech. Stuff you need to work at even if it matches your actual personality.

This shill is still yapping. No one is buying it.

When you put it that way, yes I agree.

Just came into the thread to give my 2 cents bro. I think you might need to take a break from Sup Forums for the day, you seem tightly wound.

Itt

>people acting like Hollywood is an actual industry and not a literal tribe
>people pretending acting is an actual skill

Yes, yes. It's all the Jews blah blah blah.

This. OP take a 6 month class and you can act like christian bale if you're in the right mind set. acting isn't the problem, the problem is finding people who are serious about making a film. Maybe join a club or take a university class

It literally is though

How Jewish are you? Even if you're a complete failure as an actor and everything else in life, you can use your Jew card to get a job at google.

not at all

You're a fucking idiot if you think you're going to get anywhere in LA or NY. But you realize they dont actually film much there. Go to toronto, vancouver, or atlanta... You know where everything is actually shot.

Listen to this faggot who's never left his mom's basement. He knows about stuff.

if bait please leave

if not, drop what youre doing and go become a doctor.. atleast if you bust your ass youll succedd in the field and ALWAYS have a job.. plus money, prestige..

Hollywood = clandestine Jewish royalty

is what it is

Not bad advice honestly. However, most casting is still done in the major cities so living in New York or L.A. does give you better access to agents and people connected to the industry.

yup, it's either shills or complete fools

Damn you guys are negative. Even if it's not a full time career, acting is a really fun thing to get into. I fully encourage OP to give it a shot.

But if he lands even one major gig as an actor he will make enough money in a few weeks of work to live a while. If he's a doctor he has to work basically 12 hours a day for the rest of his life

Don't give up on your dreams, but at least be sensible. Go to college (ideally in NYC or LA) and try to double major in theatre and something else that's practical or at the very least minor in something practical. While in school, if you can't find any acting shit to do in the summer, try to do a couple of internships on the buisiness side of companies which are major players in film. Move to LA once you finish school and get started in down a solid career path that will allow you a bit of flexibilty to take days off now to audition. There are tons of websites out there which allow you to find parts up for audition (backstage, casting call hub etc) so just pick through those during down time at work. Spend your nights and weekends networking and taking acting classes and such. If it all works out for you, great, but if not make sure that you aren't in a position where you realize at 40 that it isn't going to happen and you have no skills other than serving frappuccinos.

nope. have you ever seen someone starting over when they're 30 or so.

It's some sad ass shit.

this si the logic of people who spend hundreds of dollars on lottery tickets. baka

I'm talking about acting more as a fun hobby though. Even if it's not how you earn a living, it's a great thing to get into.

>Don't give up on your dreams, but at least be sensible. Go to college (ideally in NYC or LA) and try to double major in theatre and something else that's practical
bwhahahahah....this is the worst fucking advice possible

>go deeply into debt chasing a meme career

How fucking stupid are you people?

I'm already graduating with a /biz/ tier degree, so I at least know I have ample opportunities to find jobs

then get a real fucking career and have fun at your local dinner theater

(and let's be real.....amateur acting is mostly for gays)

L.A. resident here. Come on out, OP. It's an awesome city regardless of whether or not you're in the film industry. It's not nearly as intimidating to live here as people claim.

Did you completely skip the bit where I advised him to take up a second, practical major and find a regular career to do during the day?

For major roles, maybe, but you're not going to get cast opposite of J Law as some literal who. Smaller roles are usually cast on location.
The trick is to find the places that give tax breaks to film production. Georgia is the biggest one I can think of in the US.
Texas used to have it but our dipshit governor decided to axe it because why would you want to create jobs and steal money from the left coast?
Also if you have any decent sized university with a film school and are willing to do it for free you can get some exposure.
Local commercials are another opportunity to get work.
You're not going to be famous or anything, but its a start.
You can always act on stage too, any decent sized city will most likely have local theater scene, thats about as ground floor as you can get.
Just don't quit your day job or let rejection discourage you, especially if you dont have any kind of resume.

>plenty of leading men in hollywood are manlets

this, in fact being short seems to be a plus. i think it's because it's easier to shoot close up conversations and shit like that with female co stars. at least that's my guess.

seems like there has to be some reason, most male actors are below average height.

Except that's not how it works. You have to fully dedicate yourself to something to be successful.

(and like many other itt have notated....you're not going to be successful as an actor)

>(and let's be real.....amateur acting is mostly for gays)
Yep. Let's be real. Wanting to be a Hollywood actor is a faggy ass dream.

>But if he lands even one major gig as an actor he will make enough money in a few weeks of work to live a while.
Not so much user. There are far more working actors in the industry that live hand to mouth than you'd think. Not many people can really make a comfortable living off acting alone.

>L.A. resident here. Come on out, OP. It's an awesome city regardless of whether or not you're in the film industry

not OP here, but fuck that. unless you are rich(which he won't be) living in LA means living around a shitton of blacks and mexicans. living around brown people is the biggest mistake anyone can make in life. call it racist if you want, but it's just a practical reality.

You're starting tomorrow.

Yet there are dozens of examples of actors who did other shit with their lives before finally breaking into the game. The "you need to dedicate yourself to something fully" meme would only make sense if he were trying to be the next Daniel Day Lewis or some shit, in which case he wouln't even be making a thread like this.

wew lad, I live in hollywood and this is terrible advice. unless you live in SF or NYC, moving to LA will be literally the most expensive place you could go.
every day some flyover retard buys a ticket here and goes bankrupt in 3 months.
don't listen to (((anyone))) trying to lure you to LA. you'll end up succing benis on sunset blvd just to afford a cardboard box.

1) live in hollywood
2) be jewish
3) have a modicum of talent

>no dick sucking involved
How are they going to know you are Jewish if they can't see the top of your head?