How would you fix the DCEU?

How would you fix the DCEU?

Go back in time and kill Zack Snyder in 2013

SHUT IT DOWN

Wait a decade and reboot everything.

The DCEU is dead. Bury it.

Just take Snyder off Justice League. Easy

Fire Snyder, never let Goyer touch a script ever again, hire someone with basic reading comprehension to oversee this. Preferrably someone who actually likes and understands cape comics. There must be SOMEONE out there. That's pretty much it. The casting and the other directors look pretty good.

Get entitled fags to stop whining about the creative direction they're taking so the movies can just progress without studio backlash.

1.) When Clark returns from the dead, have him drop the the tortured dourness, have him fully cherish his 2nd chance and the world around him.
Not Reeves level lightheartedness but TAS level would be nice.
2.) Drop eventually making him a villain, have him choosing to sacrifice himself for the world having changed the future for the better.
3.) Have Justice League have a tone closer to Abrams's Star Trek.
4.) A much better editor then what we had on BVS as while I didn't have a problem with the films flow mostly, it seems to be a major complaint that it was disjointedly edited.
5.) No more killing of humans, manslaughter or not.

user, it'd be kinda weird if Clark just got out of his grave and acted very cheerful.

He doesn't have to be cheerful that very scene, but in the films onward.

no, shut the fuck up about logic, that user is right and we have no fucking choice or dc is going to go up in goddamn flames

put away your kino bullshit or need for "cinema" for a second and realize that dc has to take some drastic steps to keep up at this point

I like it the way it is.

1.) Have Aquaman & Mera already be happily married and fiercely loyal so we don't have to deal with ackward early romance crap like the Thor movies.
2.) Make Mera be very competent & badass without making Aquaman look bad.
3.) Never have them breaking up or betraying each other a plot point.
In other words follow John's new 52 Aquaman run exactly.

Its funny, I am --- And I fucking love the films (mos more so) and even I know what must be done to improve its reception.

>How would you fix the DCEU?

New actors
More respect for the sources
Curvy Wonder Woman
No more Snyder family producing

By accepting the fact that it's not broken.

>stop liking muh movies

Stop being a little bitch.

Get off Sup Forums Zack

There's no fixing it. Just let it run for as long as possible. Marvel already owns the comic book continuity arena for live action movies.

This. He's easily the weak spot. The main complaints for BvS was Eisenberg and the directing.

Bring Raimi back.

>Bias against the tone
>Bias against the director
>Bias against the style
>Bias against the symbolism
>Bias against doing a serious Superman
>Bias against Superman dying
>Bias against non Marvel superhero films.
>Bias against a new actor for Batman so close to the Nolan trilogy.

WB go home, we cant fix your shitshow for you.

muh mouse conspiracies

>Bring Raimi back.
FUCK YOU NO NO NO NO NO

Fresh start with Justice League

Lighten the tone

Make it visually brighter and more distinct

Fire Snyder

Honestly, I have no idea what direction the DCEU is going to go at this point. They're already losing money.

The directing was fine, it's the script that was wrong.

Only 1 of those has to do with Marvel/Disney.
And its not a conspiracy, I'm explaining why a large amount of people disliked it despite it have very few technical problems.

>the symbolism
BatmanJesus carries SupesJesus AS THE CROSS

>put away your kino bullshit or need for "cinema"

You are aware that "kino" and "cinema" are the same thing, aren't you?

You first Sup Forums

Ayer will save it with SS

if it flops though im sure warner will can it

>Ayer will save it with SS

Yeah but then what? We're still stukc with a shitty justice league, and that means no more Superman films.

I want more Superman films.

I don't want to accept we're probably never getting a true Man of Steel sequel.

Batgod and Superjesus are truly trash. Clark's just a farmboy from Kansas.

Straight talk, what are the odds WB scraps the whole DCEU, or at least soft reboot CRISIS style ?

We don't know that the Justice League will be shitty. Maybe Snyder can redeem himself, as he needs is a better script to work with.

>Straight talk, what are the odds WB scraps the whole DCEU, or at least soft reboot CRISIS style ?

If Suicide Squad or Justice League tank, very high.

All of the Synder would be worth it just for that shit right there in live action.

>tone
The tone is shit. A grim and dark Superman? That shit won't fly once you put him next to Batman.
>director
Zack is a hack. He can't tell a good story to save his life.
>style
What style? No-color&blue-filter style?
>symbolism
That shit's irrelevant since the beginning of the 20th century
>serious supes
Serious is not dour or boring. Captain America is serious. Professor X is serious. Magneto is serious. They are never boring.
>non marvel
Nolan trilogy says hi.
>new Batman
People loved Bat-fleck, what are you talking about?

not in the meme terms

you haven't witnessed the memes i've witnessed, buddy

it gets hellish when you delve too deep; you emerge forever changed by it

changed by the memes

We said that for Dawn of Justice which had a re-written script too.

Sorry that I triggered you user.

All we have right now is hope

Wasn't it called the DCLAU just a couple of years back? Or was it the DCCU?

in truth, man of steel was a pretty bastardized display of the character

i'm upset that it's going to take at least a decade or so to wash the snyder superman taste out of the world's mouth once he's finished with the character

a real superman done by a person who actually gets the character could be the most popular comic book movie franchise there ever was, but nobody can seem to nail it these days

How bad will it look when a bunch of criminals show more charisma than Boringman?

Start with something small.

They don't even get the symbolism right. Superman's origins beat greater similarity to Moses than Jesus.

This.

Superman = Moses. An outsider destined to lead a people to great things. Where did that hack got the Jesus idea?

>>new Batman
>People loved Bat-fleck, what are you talking about?

maybe they did, but i'm gonna have to say it was a horrible show of the character to me

branding people and killing them? like, that scene where he was chasing the kryptonite shipment and just running fucking everyone over and gunning them down, there was NO WAY he could have spared ANY of those people?

that's only one of many problems with the film, but it's the one that stands out the most to me. how could someone write BATMAN of all characters like that? it was the perfect chance to show off his ninja skills; have him stringing people up with batarangs and doing hand to hand takedowns while jumping from car to car, but instead we got rooty tooty point n shooty daddy snyder's gonna butcher the bat booty

You think they'll scrap Snyder?
How much behind the scenes drama do you think is happening right now?

Superman's initial inception and origin is pure Moses.

He has since been elevated to messianic status over the years, particularly in the Bronze Age.

Hack Snyder is just really fucking unsubtle and heavy-handed in referencing Superman-as-Jesus because of his personal Jesus boner.

I agree. People loved him because of the warehouse fight scene, I guess.

The chase scene was sooooooooo boring and completely pointless.

Also, Bats is an absolute mad man in this movie

>grim and dark Superman
DCEU Superman was neither grim nor dark though.

But how is he Jesus? Does he die for our sins or something?

And it's easy to fix the DCEU:

Fire. Zack. NOW.

He did die and return from the grave.

>The tone is shit. A grim and dark Superman?
No, the world & situations around him can be dark Clark himself just needs to be lighter.
>Zack is a hack. He can't tell a good story to save his life.
MOS was a great story.
>What style? No-color&blue-filter style?
Dark, gritty, realistic yet mythic & epic.
>Serious is not dour or boring
The story calls for dour, and its not boring to me in anyway.
>non marvel
>Nolan trilogy says hi.
People irrationally hate the 3rd one, and the 2nd came out the year that the MCU started.
>People loved Bat-fleck, what are you talking about?
Critics and fans did, normies are iffy.

Everyone knows that being the villain is always more fun user you can't blame that on DC m8, it's just a basic fact.

>in truth, man of steel was a pretty bastardized display of the character
Bull fucking shit.

A Superman who doesn't care for the public opinion and does as he pleases, mopess and feels guilty all the time is very grimdark. Don't make excuses for this shitfest, please.

This.

Fresh start, fresh slate. Brighter, more colorful, more optimistic tone. Fuck this grimdark bullshit.

Get people on board who love and understand the DC universe.

How is MoS supes a bastardized supes?

A lot of heroes do that. Jesus died for the sins of humanity. Where's the co-relation?

I mean, Doomsday is a krypton thing, right? So, he kinda of died for the sins of krypton I guess?

But Superman shouldn't care about public reception, he should just be worried about doing the right thing and not how strangers react to him.

>farmboy from Kansas

That literally never made any fucking sense

Doomsday was brought to life by man. How could you honestly miss all that Frankenstein connections user?

>Fuck this grimdark bullshit.
Go to fucking hell you selfish fucking cocksucker and take you "if I can't get what I want no one should get anything" mindset you narcissistic sadist prick.

>new actors

What's wrong with Batfleck and SuperHenry?

>does as he pleases
And what does he do? Help and save people. A real edgelord that Superman.

Lex, why are you on Sup Forums?

It's telling how mad DCEU supporters get. It's almost like you can taste their insecurity.

>"Stop, invincible son!"
>"Okay, human dad. Goodbye."

>"NO I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SNAP YOUR NECK!"

>"He saved us..." as the city literally crumbles around them

>putting a bully's entire life into shambles by destroying his truck instead of actually being the bigger man at anything but face value

>deliberately destroying as much of smallville as possible while fighting the bad guys

>all dat jesus symbolism

the movies were well made, they had a good soundtrack, and they had cool special effects. let me be clear: i don't hate them. i enjoy them for what they are; good superhero movies. they are not, however, good SUPERMAN movies

Your literally saying I have no right to get films made for the audience I am apart of, despite you getting 5 Superman films before this. Who the fuck do you think you are to take away what others love and hold dear.

How does it feel to be so wrong?

>Clark himself just needs to be lighter.
That's what I said.
>MOS was a great story.
In your opinion, maybe. MoS is in fact a shit story: shit's all over the place, the characters act like absolute retards, forced plots etc.
>mythic & epic
You & Zack don't know what those words mean. There's nothing epic or mythic about BvS or MoS.
>not boring to me
A lot of people disagree with your opinion
>People irrationally hate the 3rd one
"People on Sup Forums irrationally hate the 3rd movie" FTFY. The movie did more than fine all around the world.
>about bat-fleck
I couldn't care less, but I heard people praising him all the time. "Normies" included.

1. Pull a crisis on Infinite Earths. Have TV flash do it, with Ezra Miller sacrificing his life to bring stability

2. Make Superman more hopeful. Optimistic. Actually going out of his way to save people and inspire people. The fights in MoS were badass, but Supes seemed more concerned with killing Zod than with saving lives.

3. DON'T RUSH YOUR GODDAMN VILLAINS AND STORIES

Like, fucking hell. First its Parallax in Green Lantern. Now its Doomsday in BvS. Doomsday was meant to be done AFTER we have known the cinematic Superman

4. Make Batman more like the Nolan/Burton incarnation. Someone we care about, and not just because "he's badass". Not going to lie - I would have rather seen a Worlds Finest with Bale-Bat and MoS Supes

5. And lastly, but most importantly: GO SLOW. People will watch 13 Marvel movies, and more, because people care about the universe. Marvel Studios took its time and suggested ideas to their audience. A sci fi epic with characters no one knoew. B-list superheroes. And they pulled it off

Are you the same fag that got embarrassed in that thread from yesterday?

That's why Marvel never let their villains hijack their movies.

Loki did it, but one can argue that he's not quite the villain.

Things that fucked up BvS
>batman branding/killing victims
>luthor aka the joker
>superman can hear trash lane's heart but not her mom

What else am i missing? I liked the movie and that's the only thing i see wrong.

In all honesty idgaf if BvS a shit.
They showed Jason's costume anyway, they could potentially recover from the bad reviews if they made a movie of UtRH. They don't even need to make it grimdark because it already is, albeit less so.
Imagine all the normies that would sympathize with Jason's gripe with Batman at the ending scene.
but seeing as this is Snyder he'll probably do some shit with it anyway like maybe agreeing with Jason and killing off Joker for good

>stop
Pa didn't want Clark to expose his secret to the world at 18
>killing Zod
How was that not the right thing to do? Literally dealing with an alien that wanted to kill all of humanity.
>he saved us
Yeah, he saved the world three times over and a lot of that damage was die to the world's engine.
>that poor trucker who was harasses waitresses and busboys! Now he can't drive drunk on icy roads anymore!
>deliberately destroyed Smallville
>deliberately
You went full retard on that one.

remove snyder, don't be ashamed of being capeshit.

>>"Stop, invincible son!"
>>"Okay, human dad. Goodbye."
Yes thousands of lives hang in the balance if he is revealed, and if he is taken by the government, he may not be able to accomplish good things later in life.
>>"NO I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SNAP YOUR NECK!"
Exactly he didn't have a choice, flying out of the room would just put them right back were they were previously, fighting in the middle of a city and Zod punching Clark into buildings.
>>"He saved us..." as the city literally crumbles around them
Saving 7 Billion lives counts as "us" even if several thousand died during the amount of time it took to save the billions.
>>putting a bully's entire life into shambles by destroying his truck instead of actually being the bigger man at anything but face value
Insurance will replace the truck dumbass.
>>deliberately destroying as much of smallville as possible while fighting the bad guys
He didn't deliberately destroy jack shit, he tried to drag Faora out of town (and non tackled him down), and he Punched Non out into the train yard, which is not ideal but still better then letting him remain in main street.

No, that's Batman's thing. Superman wants to be human, like us. He doesn't want to be feared.

that's why Marvel has such shit villains
>Marvel are such geniuses for having bland and forgettable villains

UtRH makes no sense with a Batman that has no problem with killing or has killed in the past.

Supermam doesn't want to be human, he already is.

>Pa didn't want Clark to expose his secret to the world at 18
he could have easily sped pa kent out of there and hid in the dusty kansas winds, they were in a goddamn tornado for fuck's sake

you cannot honestly tell me that killing pa kent out of all the possible ways they could have taken that scene was a good idea. i could suggest 10 good ways to fix it, and we'd still have pa kent for a movie version of all star superman! imagine the bucks that'd rake in, and the support the character would get!

>How was that not the right thing to do? Literally dealing with an alien that wanted to kill all of humanity.

alright, i just realized you don't actually understand superman either. i'll give you a hint: "The day I have to take a life is the day I hang up my cape."

it was never about measuring the weight of a villain's life to superman; to him, all life is precious, even the kind that exist to do wrong. he would never kill zod. he could have easily flown upward with the dude or donkey punched him unconscious on the spot.

the rest of your post, eh, i'm starting to see you have a different perspective than i do on what the right thing to do is, and that's not a bad thing, just means we fundamentally disagree.

no he isn't

If Retarded-Man actually gave two shits and explained himself to the public, people would not be afraid of him. That's the entire point of this DCEU.

>If there's 1% chance he'll go crazy, I must kill him!
>What if Superman kidnaps the president?

If he had come forward pronto and explained his intentions and assured people of his good intent, maybe that senator would still be alive. But no. Dourman just cries and pouts everytime something bad happens because of him. Luckly, his GF is always there to hug him.

Also, he doesn't like to save people so much because the ghost of his dad keeps bashing him about drowned horses.

Fuck.
There's no way to fix DCEU at all?

Is this bait?

>what others love and hold dear.
Do you people love shitty movies?

>That's what I said.
But the FILM and the world around him can stil be dark.
>the characters act like absolute retards
No they really don't
>forced plots
Such as?
>You & Zack don't know what those words mean. There's nothing epic or mythic about BvS or MoS.
The battles, the world spanning scope, the grave consequences of the events within.
>but Supes seemed more concerned with killing Zod than with saving lives.
Because that is the ONLY thing that would save lives is stopping him, He can't stop fighting in the middle of a one on one fight when your opponent moves as fast as Zod does, it would be absolutely negligent especially when he said he would kill every living person out of spite.
>Doomsday was meant to be done AFTER we have known the cinematic Superman
He is a plot device, he isn't some great fucking character that needs to be saved, he is used here to develop Superman and solidify his relationship with the world.

I mean, I guess they can go "I don't kill anymore because Superman showed me the right way" or something but it would sound even more contrived than the usual excuses

Because they don't need to.
People love the heroes, they love Spiderman and Cap.
Not Red Skull or Green Goblin.

You can, just have Jason being a bit unhinged and have him wanting to torture criminals instead of outright kill them.

i think the points you brought up in your response are close enough to the other user's post that i replied to that you can just look here and see my dispute

regardless though, i think we're just going to be arguing in circles

I can't remember any Superman story where he is beholden to popular opinion. It's always been that he does what he think is right and not some popularity poll.

So, Jesus died for the sins of dr. Frankenstein?