How is it that Superman can just casually fly to the sun? The Sun is 92.95 million miles from the earth...

How is it that Superman can just casually fly to the sun? The Sun is 92.95 million miles from the earth, I understand he has superpowers but he isn't that fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DEeuHud3kVA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Speedforce

kryptonians travel faster through a vacuum than through air.

The closer he gets to the sun, the more solar radiation he absorbs, making him progressively quickly the closer he gets.

>I understand he has superpowers but he isn't that fast.
apparently he is that fast
also retard comic book logi

b-because.... REASONS!

These.

Superman's powers have zero logical consistency in regards to level of power. They just do whatever works best for the writer being a lazy shit.

Sci-fi writers don't have any concept of scale when in comes to distances in space.

Out of curiosity, wouldn't removing all nuclear weaponry completely negate the thread of MAD, which means nations are free to use conventional warfare to invade other nations to their heart's delight?

Because there hasn't been any conventional warfare since nukes were invented!

Nigga what? He once flew so fast he broke time.

not between nuclear armed countries

>he isn't that fast even though he just proved he is

Maybe he is just a really really really really really really really really really really really really really really slow thinker?

Well, even if he can't quite attain light speed, he should be able to get there in about ten minutes.

Fact is, usually it's assumed he can fly at greater than the speed of light. Which is, of course, impossible.

Comic book writers have no sense of scale.

>Superman starting WWIII . jpg

He has the power of inconsistent and lazy writing on his side. No one can beat that. No one.

Reminder Superman flew to another galaxy to sneeze.

A bigger question is how does he get back to earth? Almost 100 million miles away, he should be completely fucking lost in space. He can't hear anything since sound doesn't travel in a vacuum, and all the super vision in the world won't help you spot a nearly invisible tiny outline of a planet especially with all the light from the sun being right there.

C O M I C B O O K S
O
M
I
C

B
O
O
K
S

>92.95 million miles

Yeah, right. There's no way scientists can comprehend a number that big. The sun is much closer.

youtube.com/watch?v=DEeuHud3kVA

>that video
Now i get it, flat-earthers spend their time staring directly into the sun.
also
>put light capturing device straight into the biggest light source of our solar system
>wtf why can't i see shit??

>that video

I understand many things, but the one thing that will always baffle me are flat earthers. Unlike a religion, literally single piece of evidence in the world is telling you you're wrong and retarded, from a fucking space station in space to flushing your goddamm toilet; yet they go "lalalalala you're wrong, if I can't see it with my own eyes its fake", which given that all of them are too retarded to ever go to space will keep believing that shit forever

Even Egyptians figured out thousands of years ago that a flat earth doesn't make sense

presumably the new deterrent is superman, who threatens to blow up any country that invades another country

It was a long flight that they cut short because a whole comic book of superman just flying along with the nukes would be boring.

Seriously, it's all just cape magic and poor editing.

Me am think planet flat

Telescopic vision. He can SEE earth from the sun.

Implying that that would somehow be worse than a few atomic weapons destroying all humanity in a given hemisphere

So what's the actual explanation for the birds appearing to fly behind the sun?

Wash out. The sun is too bright, its light completely obscures the birds, who aren't large enough to block enough light from the distance they are at to the camera to remain observable.

yeah, right, shill

You am smart

SOLAR SHILL FORCE
REPORT SUN THREADS
DO NOT REPLY TO SUN POSTERS
HIDE THE SUN

Starbrand did that in the 80s, the dude fights the other superpowered dude and they blast off into space, fight for a while and then the other guy either dies or fucks off, leaving our hero stranded in space.

He eventually figures out how to get back by reasoning he's still in orbit around the sun and spiralling inward, but it scared the fuck out of him

Eh some do, some don't.
Part of the problem is that if you're writing with realistic scale, you need to be willing to either spin a narrative around -extremely long travel times- and -10,000+ km engagements- or have mcguffins that skip all that.
Either of which requires a certain amount of savvy to express in a meaningful, yet not ham-handed manner.

Which, uh, is not something your average -comic book writer- is going to waste any time on in the space of ~30 pages.

Exactly. MAD is the worst thing that could happen, so the superpowers take all the steps they can to avoid fighting (directly) because of it. Conventional war is a cakewalk, comparatively; therefore there's less worry about starting a new World War (since it's not guaranteed to kill everyone).

This is why in all the situations in fiction where you get the USA fighting Russia/China/Soviets the authors handwave away all the nukes everyone has: because they get in the way of a proper, cool war with tanks and jets and shit.

He is faster than light outside earth, his bioaura protects the things he touches and enables hyperspace travel, but under our atmosphere he would just torch the athmosphere and blow up shit

Metaumans warfare is illegal, powerarmors are acceptable and every country has Meta humans recluted but using them in war is a big no no

Although admittedly I did discount the possibility of the BC in NBC. Biological warfare could fuck civilisation on the scale of Nuclear, so I imagine that might take the place of Nuclear weapons in MAD; however, they're notoriously hard to control and unsafe which is why I think they don't use them any more, so maybe not.

I know superman is often badly written but holy shit

>travel time is nothing
>all the nuclear warheads magically don't explode due to high heat even tho he's getting real close to the fucking sun
>neither do his cape or clothes or hair or skin or anyfuckingthing
>the sun is a fucking trash
>implying all of our nuclear weaponry thrown into the sun wouldn't create some kind of reactions leading into gamma outbursts that'd probably be harmfull for earth
>then superman knows his fucking way back on earth
>he also hasn't any traces of harmfull radiations on him when he comes back
>also countries write their names on their nuclear warheads just in case they get lost or something

Daily reminder we live in a world of fool where vain and ignorant men make money by imagining how their invincible avatar denies all and every forces in the universe because fuck you I do what I want and also since he's good then he's nice with all of humanity but especially with americans.

>birds flying behind sun

It literally makes more sense to you that birds may fucking fly high enough to fly above your tiny sun without recieving any harm, than just what said.

You know when what's really bothering me with you flat earthers ? The fact that people got burned at the stake for proving you wrong centuries ago, your lack of scientifical knowledge on the matter and general lack of logic and the fact that the only thing that's keeping you believing that pants-on-head theory is your own pathetic ignorance.

Get fucking educated you idiot. And stop calling everyone disagreeing with you a shill, you're like a fucking child.

This, quite frankly.

Brush off all that mothballed equipment, it's time for the sequel you've all been waiting for!

>I understand he has superpowers but he isn't that fast.
How can you tell how fast he is? How much time do you think passes between panels?

If it's long he's a slow thinker