BOY ARE YOU FAT!

BOY ARE YOU FAT!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cLgvvxmAP7k
youtube.com/watch?v=bzVeLjj6Ao8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>WHO THE FUCK WANTED IT LIKE THIS? WHO THE FUCK PISSED AND MOANED AT JUST THE *IDEA* OF ME WITH A FUCKING REAL ESTATE LICENSE?

>FREE TO SIT BACK FOR TWENTY FUCKING YEARS, AND FIDDLE WITH THE AIR CONDITIONING, AND FUCKING BITCH AND COMPLAIN, AND FUCKING BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, TO ME, TO YOUR PRIEST! FUCK IT!

Name one domestic fight more powerful or real than the one between Tony and Carmella in "Whitecaps." You can't.

When Tony slams her against the wall in the Theatre room, and then punches the wall. Carmela's initial fear then relief then return to justified anger in what felt like a single expression on her face floored me the first run-through. Second run-through. Even the third. It's one of my favourite episodes of the entire series.

I know exactly what you mean. It's my favorite episode overall of the series.

>"FUCKING DUCK FOOD? YOU SOUND MENTAL."

Can't remember the exact dialogue, but Carm being able to spin her own lies in the middle of that heat against Tony. Fuck, it really shows how far they had split at that point.

This was a better fight in the very series youtube.com/watch?v=cLgvvxmAP7k

>My own wife! Forty grand, from the bird feeder!
>Bird feeder. Listen to yourself, you sound demented!

My other favorite excerpt:
>You know, you asked me the other day what Irena's cousin has that you don't have. And I thought about it because it's a pretty good fucking question. I CAN CONVERSE WITH HER, 'CAUSE SHE HAD SOMETHING TO SAY!
>I AM HERE! *I* HAVE THINGS TO SAY!
>BESIDES "BRING THE FUCKING CHAIRS DOWN" AND "DID YOU SIGN THE LIVING TRUST?"! SHE'S A GROWN FUCKING WOMAN WHO'S BEEN KICKED AROUND, AND SHE'S BEEN ON HER OWN, AND SHE'S HAD A TOP FIGHTING AND STRUGGLE!

Tony: "When you're married you'll understand the importance of fresh produce!"

Christopher: "Fuck fresh produce!"

Tony: "WOOOAAH!"

What did you shay?

I never understood why he went to her for the money or Hesh later in the show, wasn't he making money hand over fist?

I need to rewatch this.

Not at that point. It's established many times that he almost always loses when gambling. It's starting to negatively effect his bottom line in the final season. He had usually gone to Hesh for some "good will money" but Hesh was starting to get pissed at how one-sided the relationship was (the seeds for this are planted in the season 5 episode "In Camelot")

Imagine if he went to one of his boys like Paulie and asked for a loan, i wonder what that would be like.

>Imagine if he went to one of his boys like Paulie and asked for a loan
I think that would never happen because Tony has too much pride to go to one of his subordinates for a loan. Hesh was technically a superior to Tony (well, an elder, that Tony should respect). So Tony felt okay about being vulnerable to Hesh for a time.

I always took it as Tony had a stash of money in several overseas accounts. In his head he probably had a "safe" number; an amount which he had written off as saved and was untouchable and unusable as fuel for his frivolous and luxurious lifestyle. He had a separate fund that was used primarily for gambling, expensive dinners, etc. When he overspent out of the party fund, he went full panic mode and started borrowing so he wouldn't have to dip into the safe fund.

This is all an assumption of mine and unconfirmed.

It's a good assumption, i like it.

>creating a thread on your phone

kill yourself

>The Sopranos walks into a room

AYYY-OOOOH! THERE HE IS!

WHADA YA HEAR WHADA YA SAY?

Finn Detrolio, my greatest enemy

arch nemesis*

Arch nemesis, my greatest enemy

IF YOU'RE GONNA TALK LIKE A MULANYAN

>you sound like a big guy pissing in there.

From season 4 "No Show"

>TONY: What? Do you feel guilty? You have nothing to feel guilty about.

>CARMELLA: It's me she blames.

>TONY: What for?

Best scene in the series. Realizing just how much meadow hates her situation, blaming her mother for marrying her father and bringing her into this life.

but Tony and Meadow became totally cool when she started working at the law center.

That fucking bathroom is huge.

This is probably true and how I handle my own money.

I've got some put away that I will never touch because it's meant for "Holy fuck this is not fixable" type scenarios where I've got no goodwill or opportunities to fix what my circumstance currently is. For everything else I will just ask to borrow or whatever I need because it's almost always a temporary problem.

She doesnt hate Tony because she knows it's in his nature to be the way he is. She hates her mother because she perceives her as leeching off of him, and making the conscious decision to be with him, which in turn prevented a "normal" life for her

I think this is one of the best scenes in the show.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVeLjj6Ao8

it is

URL fucked up.

youtube.com/watch?v=bzVeLjj6Ao8

Does his character have any purpose apart from being Buscemi's self insert? His recidivism arc is boring as fuck, everybody loves him for some reason, and his motivation for causing trouble with NY is really weak.

>Does his character have any purpose apart from being Buscemi's self insert?
It's supposed to be someone who Tony supposedly is very close to and could confide in. That was not the case.

then she went to that black priest who basically told her to not change.

Im an especially big fan of the episode where Tony goes to the park and eats ice cream.

It's exactly like how my parents argue before they gave up and just ignored each other. Even reading it makes me uncomfortable.

>tfw watching the show for the first time at 20 and having those buried memories come back

That connection felt really weak. It's hard to introduce a new character who is supposedly close to Tony, despite never being mentioned, then have him go on to hurt the family in a big way.

That's not Geonosis

>That connection felt really weak.
You are valid for saying that I guess. It was a huge character introduced in the fifth season who had never been mentioned before.

But I must ask you this: Can you comprehend how long 20 years is? Is it so out of the realm of possibility that nobody would mention the guy in all the time as shown at the start of the series?

I see my mom the same way. Is that just how we view men and women/our parents? Fathers bear the burden of providing and can act out negatively, but mothers are supposed to let it wash over them and quietly suffer while raising the family? It never seems to be the case but it feels like the expectation everyone has

They never mentioned him specifically but they mention the name Blundetto a few times.

Also they acknowledge that no one has heard of him when Bobby's son says he's never heard of him.

Yeah, on rewatch Tony B is one of the weirder and more out of place elements on the show. Basically for all the reasons you listed.
>Muh beloved cousin's about to get out after apparently being in jail for years before the show started!
>Muh cause a mob war because he was best buddies in the can with this other random newly inserted character!

Another weird thing is how when he died, he was completely forgotten apparently. Like he has this whole reintroduction to meet all his family and friends and shit, but through Season 6 nobody on the family side even mentions his name. He's referenced by Phil for having killed his brother, sure, but his cousin's wife, nieces and nephews, none of them seem to care that he just vanished. There's no way Tony pulled the whole "went into the program" shtick, is there?

Also, it was just a weirdly insubstantial role for Buscemi. He comes in as a big name to boost the show's ratings then he gets the most generic plotline imaginable with a range of emotions between "calm and agreeable but slightly melancholy" and "vaguely pissed off". Then dies. Honestly, if they wanted to put Buscemi in they should have given the gay Vito plotline to his character. Like make him a Jersey mobster and acquaintance of Tony from back in the day who pleasantly surprises the boss by not starting shit like Richie or Feech, but then gets outed as gay. That way we'd at least spend all that screentime in Season 6 with a solid actor like Buscemi, rather than a random goombah who got put in the spotlight.

It's clear that the night Tony B got jacked weighs heavily on Tony. It's easy to say that he's never come up before because Tony is naturally reserved, so I can agree with that. What I'm saying is that Buscemi's star power makes him seem really out of place.

>when Bobby's son says he's never heard of him.
the kid is like 12 in season 5. why would they tell him about the uncle who went to prison for 20 years? IIRC the official story was he went to Desert Storm. but they wouldn't go around saying that because of the holes in the story.

>He comes in as a big name to boost the show's ratings
that's a total misrepresentation of Busemi and what he brought to the show. Buscemi was associated with the show for awhile (he directed the Pine Barrens episode). It really speaks to the guy's professionalism that he would choose a role that was more in service to the main character, Tony Soprano, than in service to himself.

I'm not trying to suggest they brought Buscemi onboard just for ratings. I'm aware of his work as a director. It just felt like the writers were waiting for an opportunity to cast him and they misfired.

>misfired

I thought Tony B was great all around

>and they misfired.
In your opinion. I think season 5 has the most memorable, high quality episodes per capita. 13 epidsodes, all of them memorable. it's pretty hard to pull that off. was Tony Blundetto the reason? of cours not. but that just shows how the fifth season was much more than the "Steve Buscemi season"

>more in service to the main character

exactly, Tony B exists purely to further peel back layers into the psyche of Tony Soprano and also to irrevocably damage the long standing ties with New York

It depends on how we're socialized growing up. A lot of the times, mothers will adopt that role, making them seem worse than they really are, such as in Carmella's case. For the most part, the issue is that Meadow simply understands Carmella and sees herself in her mother, so she is human, whereas her father is just an ideal

>also to irrevocably damage the long standing ties with New York
yeah this was very important. the New York problems bubbled under the surface in season 4 with Sack and Ralphie, but season 5 really turned it into a full-scale war and Tony B is the catalyst.

That just goes to show that his role could have been better served by a more familiar character like Vito or Paulie.

My arch nemesis..

>for a while there, Jackie thought the marriage was over

The best thing about Tony B was how he obviously wanted to fuck Meadow

>been better served by a more familiar character like Vito or Paulie.
Ok, but then we wouldn't have gotten the scene in the OP, the scenes where Artie and Tony B were hanging out at Tony's bachelor pad, the part where Tony tries to talk to a thoroughly disinterested Tony B about the ice cream sundae over the phone, the scenes where Tony B and Christoher talk shit about TOny behind his back, so many other scenes that would have never happened with Vito or Paulie

>It's over Jackie, I have the high ground!

Why do you watch content in the x265 meme?

This scene disappointed me. I don't know if it was done to send an intentionally blunt message that "this is where crime gets you" or what, but it just seems so abrupt

Upvote XD

>the scenes where Tony B leapfrogs Chrissy and is beginning to be eased into the #3 spot

the rise and fall of Tony Blundetto is underrated as fuck. loved the hints to his mob career before his stretch inside. seemed like he was on the fast track for early leadership positions just like Tony and Sil and Jackie.

In the course of 12 seconds:
>fat man comes out of nowhere
>obviously fake gun and sound
>ragdoll flops onto snow
>fat man can't get into car
The Sopranos is obviously a comedy.

How the fuck could he just kill his cousin like that?

The Sopranos gravitates between comedy and tragedy back and forth and back again, often in the same scene

they show Vito kind of upset about it in a few shots throughout the episode.

It's to show how unimportant Jackie was, he constantly thinks he's more important than he is.

>Tells Matush it's okay to sell drugs
>In reality his "sitdown" was "no drug dealing go fuck yourself"

>Is in the hospital when Vito's brother got attacked, and speaks up
>Gets basically told to go get them coffee and go fuck himself

>Tries to speak up in Junior's presence
>"Who's speaking here? is someone speaking?"

>Tries to act like a gangster in the pizza parlor
>Gets scared when Chris walks in and tries to hide his gun

>Last human interaction is a little girl laughing at him

>Finally gets dealt with like the afterthought he is, some middle man pops him and leaves him in the street.

DON'T DISRESPECT THE PIZZA PARLOR

You forgot the part where he pisses his pants on the one criminal job he did for the family officially.

Jeez

>posts from phone