I'm at your house right now

I'm at your house right now.

im pretty sure youre in jail phil spector

FUCKING LYNCH

THIS GUY WAS PROPERLY CREEPY, CONSIDERING HES AN IRL MURDER

10/10 GREAT CASTING

so message of the film is, men without sexual drive always lose their minds? They put too much burden on the shoulders of men about sex and women desire much more each passing day that we stray from traditionalism.

so, was the main character right? was he, dare I say, /ourguy/?

w-wait what?

I've never seen this but always see it posted. Is this a scary movie?

no it's a film about male psychology, in freudian way

no i'm not memeing.

he did his wife

it was robert blake you nitwits

>it's been a pleasure speaking with you
mfw

So, I looked it up and the guy who played the mystery man actually ended up murdering his wife like 4 years after Lost Highway was made. WTF is going on, here? How does Lynch do it? Is his Transcendental Meditating letting him see into the future? That's fucking crazy, man....

No he isn't you jackass, that's the mob boss from the back half of the film.

He's a method actor he was preparing for a role of a murderer.

It continues. Also, it turns out the wife was a massive whore who got married like nine times before she died and was running a lonely hearts/mail-order nudes business that included herself. Blake never trusted her and had a rough relationship with her. He eventually hired someone to watch her and he found out she was still running her old business whilst they were still married. He decided to have her killed after he found out.

that's fucking crazy, man

I just turned off Inland Empire after 15 minutes. It looked like shit. Should I even watch it?

sounds terrifying

Dick Laurent... is dead

>turning it off 2 hours before Rabbits

>deserves to take another breath

CALL ME
I'M THERE RIGHT NOW
That double laugh on the phone...
Pee-pee city

This is true kino. I've never felt so tense before, it really projects a sexually weak male's thoughts, how we feel about women when we are insecure, when we weren't "that chad" in our youth etc.

fuck you lynch

REMAKE OF LOST HIGHWAY STARRING CHRISTOPH WALTZ AS THE MYSTERY MAN AND DANIEL CRAIG AS BILL PULLMAN WHEN?

>"Is it all a coincidence that the woman in your life have turned up dead."

LYNCH IS A GENIUS

Also the opening scene of the movie with Bill Pullman smoking as you hear police sirins and a car driving off is actually the end scene when Bill Pullman drives away from being chased with cops.

The main character in the beginning of the film is just imagining how he pretends the events happened when the end of the movie is how they actually happened with him going to his house and saying "Dick Laurent is dead" after he kills Dick.

He created the mystery man as a phantom who shot Dick when in reality it was him who did it.

If you watched the interviews, Lynch said he based the movie off O.J. Simpson murdering his wife hence the car chase at the end is reminiscent of O.J. being chased by the cops and Lynch said how he is fascinated with the psychology of murderers how they can commit a horrific murder and just go on living like it never happened (O.J. Simpson going to play gold next day after he murdered his wife as Lynch states).

There is also the same red curtain that looks just like one in Twin Peaks' red room.

I have thought of a theory that I like to something think that all of Lynch's films are connected and that the Mystery Man is actually some demon from the red room that has appeared to torment Fred... or not.

Still fun to think about

There is also a curtain in Eraserhead while that woman is singing in the furnace.

damn that woman is fine, full of lust

mulholland drive has billy ray cyrus in it and miley is rumored to have been killed and replaced.

women getting used by hollywood is a theme, the getting replaced thing is somewhat a theme from the movie since the same women play different characters, the same actresses play different versions of their characters with different names, the one women wants her friends role etc... spooky to think about with the miley rumor but spookier still that lynch cast her dad in the movie before any of that stuff.

my guess is he just knows people and cast low lifes who'd pimp out women for hollywood in mulholland and cast who he figured could actually kill someone in lost highway and was right on the money in both accounts.