FREEFALL

Did you invest in the pokejew?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/JesseLivermoreReminiscencesOfAStockOperator
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The headline is inaccurate. Investors actually realized that Nintendo already factored the earnings into their estimate, rather than Go being some sort of sleeper hit that would completely kick the projected earnings into overdrive.

damage control

it's true though. people have been hyping the market like this for a long time. money to be made doing this

How could investors be this stupid? Wouldn't that have been clear from their filings? Efficient market hypothesis., my ass.

few are "investing" right now. most everyone's after short-term gains

Many people are just idiots and thought this would be the next "apple" stock.

Niggas cashed in.

That begs the question. Some peoples still held on the stock thinking that Nintendo's earnings would be boosted by Pokemon GO, which is an absurd assumption which, (I think), would be clear to anyone who read their filings, unless I'm wrong in how detailed the earnings statement was.

Investors are not actually very smart people, if they were, they would set up an actual business instead of betting.

As someone who bought shares in Nintendo before Pokemon Go launched, against his broker's advice, and then sold them just after it launched, against his broker's advice, I'm very, very happy to say that this is true

You aren't really answering the question. "Investing" as such isn't betting, and neither really is speculating.

i haven't read the earnings statement either. but what can happen is volatility, so with such big moves, it could move right back tomorrow just because so much trading is happening. best time to take your loses is then. but who's to say

People are so fucking stupid lol

And that's not how investing works. Nintendo's stock was higher than usual because investors really thought Pokemon GO would provide a significant boost to their earnings, even though their original earnings statement already reflected this, and I want to know whether this wasn't apparent in the original earnings statement or people were just that stupid.

Most investors don't actually know or are passionate about what the fuck they're investing in, they're just riding trends.

It's funny how the stock market can be this retarded. I used to think this shit was nothing but a gamble, now I'm absolutely sure.

Earnings gets split up like 5 ways or something Niantic gets a cut, i think google does too, Pokemon company and so on.

Nobody knows how big the cuts are, but its become known that Nintendo has had fuck all to do with its success besides allowing it to happen and maybe some investment on their part but nobody knows how much.

Investors are really stupid.

>Most investors don't actually know or are passionate about what the fuck they're investing in, they're just riding trends.
Those would be speculators or traders, not investors. Trends don't last longer than days or even hours and it's the apparent fundamental value of a company that determines the general price range of a company unless there's a massively irrational trading, which rarely happens.

Can confirm. I've bought shares of EBIX and all I know about them is it's something about e-commerce. Also bought Planet Fitness before I knew about their free pizza and bagels

"experts" are dumb, my friends and myself all invest in our own and we do better than any mutual fund ever could. A lot of it is just educated guessing, you learn a few things by practicing with stocks in simulators, but always remember it's just being able to know how crowds of people will react to stupid shit.

hey buddy if you buy securities for a company you're investing in it.

> Investors realize Nintendo doesn't own Niantic.
> Nintendo will buy Niantic, stocks will skyrocket evey higher.

Investor goys I have a question:

What do you term when the 'new money' (coming from media reports about sales or new research etc) gets trapped and buys on the up and the 'smart money' sells after a short term? Then the new money makes a loss and the smart money makes a profit

There's gotta be a term for this strategy that isnt as simple as buy low sell high, what is it?

>my friends and myself all invest in our own and we do better than any mutual fund ever could.
How long have you been doing this and what are your annual averages?

Lol, they tried so, so hard.

Bull Trap / Bear trap.

That said by the time the media is reporting on something you're generally too late to really get in and make profits. Highly recommend Livermore's book "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" for insight into how much market behavior is driven by emotions.

Buy at new price highs off base patterns and wait for it to go up 20-25% then sell (unless it goes up that fast within 3 weeks and then hold for 3 months) The market needs to be in an uptrend though, and you need to buy quality stocks.

>Implying anyone will do any better than the market average with generic advice like that

This shows one thing:

The stock marke is ruled by fucking idiots.

>Guys look Pokemon Go is creating a incredible big hype
>Who owns Pokemon? Nintendo right lets invest
>BUY BUY BUY
>Nintendo announces that despite the hype there wont be a much bigger profit
>WHAT I WONT GET A HIGHER DIVIDEND????
>SELL SELL SELL SELL

And thats why tock market is a joke.

Thanks for the answer.

Getting the book now, but not expecting much. Everything I've read thus far has been too technical and I've become disillusioned with investing ("yes goy give your capital to directors who you have no control over and pray they do well" Buffett buys and controls companies so he can ensure or lead towards gains, I can't)

Doesn't it say Niantic on the starter screen?

>Everything I've read thus far has been too technical and I've become disillusioned with investing
I would strongly suggest the Intelligent Investor, which is hardly technical, but requires an incredible amount of dedication.

This could be a new meme surfacing here

It's in the public domain, keep your sheckles

archive.org/details/JesseLivermoreReminiscencesOfAStockOperator

I got into stock trading after doing well with bitcoin some years ago. You really need to read, read, read until your eyes bleed and learn about the various trading methods (pattern, candlestick, momentum, etc.) and when/how to best apply it.

It's doable, and some people make big money, but it's a ridiculous amount of work. you're better off just buying Index / ETF funds to limit risk.

One segment to watch is Augmented Reality / VR; is about to take off in a big way; pokemon is going to go down in the history books as the first "hit" AR game but it's the tip of the iceberg for that technologies potential.

After seeing the success of pokemans you can bet investor money is pouring in. Everyone wants to get their piece of the pie as early as possible.

Robots do most investing now.

Their parameters are still determined by humans.

I shorted it, of course it was going down. Easy $$

>And thats why tock market is a joke.
>t. German who has all his cash in safe overnight money with guaranteed -2%pa and the government mandated pension fund with guaranteed 100% loss.
Germans love their guarantees, no matter how shitty they are. That's probably why Merkel is still so popular :^)

get a new broker

>taking advice from somebody who gets more commission if you trade more often
Yes, completely unbiased and in my best interest :^)

You're.... sure?

>Having a physical broker
Do people still do this? Did you mean financial consultant? What is his commission?

Well he was telling him not to trade, so if anything, he would have had a bias to encourage him to trade.

>2016
>believing in the efficient-market hypothesis