What is the western cinema equivalent of pic related?

What is the western cinema equivalent of pic related?

Aside from True Detective, which really doesn't do it because although Pizza is same level of autisms, it didn't have Heart and Soul that Evangelion did since it is Anno's life's work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IfB6C8a8ttg
youtube.com/watch?v=KJuexdl_c5s
youtube.com/watch?v=6bglDumHEOc
youtube.com/watch?v=5lmr5yDF8DE
youtube.com/watch?v=Qyq6EZS0rFA
ww1.animeland.tv/cat-planet-cuties-episode-9-english-dubbed
youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Some Zack Snyder shit.

film: paul blart mall cop
tv: rick and morty
vidya: rei ayanami raising project

Now stop spamming child of, Sup Forums

Back to you go.

1960s The Prisoner

Westerners can't complete with the stunning lyrical complexity and beautiful melodies present in even the simplest of anime. All they can do is jam in pop songs and sometimes remix them.

youtube.com/watch?v=IfB6C8a8ttg

youtube.com/watch?v=KJuexdl_c5s

youtube.com/watch?v=6bglDumHEOc

youtube.com/watch?v=5lmr5yDF8DE

Anyway, Evangelion is the peak of anime. Not really comparable to other mediums any more than you can compare a book to a video game. What makes the best video game would make a poor book and what makes anime great isn't what makes television great. That's why adaptations between formats typically fall flat, because they were optimized for their original medium and not a bastardized copy.

>What is the western cinema equivalent of pic related?
The most overrated piece of shit movie ever that people pretend to like even thought they didn't even close to understand what the movie had to say, assuming the movie had something to say to begin with.
2001: A Space Odyssey I guess.

Solaris

>being this retarded
>on a movie board
kek

A Charlie Brown Christmas.

>Stunning lyrical complexity
>Cat Planet Cuties

>He didn't understand it even though it's explicitly spelled out for you

you got something you want to say about cat planet cuties?

youtube.com/watch?v=Qyq6EZS0rFA

How do people unironically watch this? Like I get that all art is subjective but how do you look at this catgirl anime and think its such high art that it deserves a music video. And then how is your choice a fucking John Bon Jovi song.

I really don't understand weebs

It was one of those shows that set expectations supremely low and then turns out to be way better than it should have been.

Especially the episode where they talk about how catgirls are all slaves or something and if they don't have a master they die, so this one catgirl without a master chooses death rather than be a slave.

But I just watch them because most of the time my youtube reccomendations for songs are all ones with background anime which is better than lyrics on a black screen I guess.

They're just teens who don't know any better, that's really all there is to it. Add waifus to that, add MUH SECRET CLUB mentality and that's it.

>Especially the episode where they talk about how catgirls are all slaves or something and if they don't have a master they die, so this one catgirl without a master chooses death rather than be a slave.
>the weeb actually thinks it's a deep story

I don't think I considered it deep when I watched it but it was a good episode and it came up very suddenly, sandwiched between titty shenanigans is this random depressing episode.

even 90 day fiance is more thematically complex than this shit you just described

well if that's how you want to be just go watch it for yourselves, it'll be better than me explaining it.

ww1.animeland.tv/cat-planet-cuties-episode-9-english-dubbed

>dubbed DEEP moeshit
You are literally 12 aren't you

Pulp Fiction

you're the one calling it deep

why are you making fun of yourself

anyway I'm not twelve and I don't know what moeshit is. Seems like you are more familiar with this field than me

There is none.
Not to say it's above western film, but there just isn't anything else out there comparable to end of eva, everything that has tried to follow suit just ends up tying too hard, anno went free flying, uncertain of how the fans and general public would react.

>what is an overrated shit movie that no one should be watching?
Fast and the Furious 20

>simultaneously mocking someone for watching anime but also being a subtitlefag

Kino anime song:

youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g

>if you watch foreign films in foreign language, you must like anime!
Weeb logic

>it has been 16 years since the space odyssey happened
>he still can't into it

>syncing lips to a real person is the same as a cartoon

Kinda this if it were directed by Hack Snyder and script was written by P. InThe Shyamaloo.

something shitty that only edgy teens can enjoy? a serbian film?

Big Fish

Please don't insult Tarkowskino.

>I didn't get it therefore nobody else did
You're a retard

weebs have been bullied all their lives to the point where they don't feel embarrassment anymore

FUCK SOLARIS. I've been raped by the endgame events so many times that my asshole will never recover.

t. people specifically targeted by the comment