ITT: Villains who literally, LITERALLY, did nothing wrong

ITT: Villains who literally, LITERALLY, did nothing wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CrFUjbB6FPg?t=79
youtu.be/6UkrDEnzIS8?t=41
youtube.com/watch?v=tZj_S_JtoGk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He demonstrated poor judgment in his choice of underlings, but yeah he's hardly the baguy.

Wasn't his plan centered around some kind of domestic terrorism and inciting a huge fucking war?

That's basically the plot of Bush did 9/11

Is errors doing wrong?

>inciting a huge fucking war?
Nah, it was to get the government to recognize the men who had died during covert ops who were forgotten and not cared for.

He was bluffing. When they called his bluff he shrugged and said "guess we lost boys". That's when his LTs overthrew him and decided to launch the missile.

He stole highly classified and UN banned nerve gas from a military compound and threatened the DOD high command with the immediate melting of San Francisco.

He did so because the same pinned sticks disavowed his team running deep ops in China after his platoon was ambushed.

He backed down when the DOD refused to pay, and his underlings killed him for it

Shit, I need to watch it again then

The brass tells it to Nick Cage's character like he's a loose cannon on a murderous rampage. I don't think it's until later in the movie that they reveal he's doing it for noble purposes.

He was threatening the government to force them to pay reparations for denying support to the families of dead servicemen

There was no terrorism - he entire plan was a bluff. No civilians were even meant to know they were in danger let alone actually be harmed.

You're fucking retarded. He killed Michael Biehn's ELITE seal team.

youtu.be/CrFUjbB6FPg?t=79

Wouldn't modern military just glass the fuck out of Alcatraz island in this situation?

I really love this film. It's got to be one of the best 90's action movies out there. Top tier sick day watching.

They specifically discuss why they can't in the movie. Conventional weapons would just spread the nerve gas into the atmosphere, and the time it would take to arm an experimental weapon that could incinerate the gas was longer than the deadline that they had to pay up.

Makes me tear up every time. R.I.P brave soldiers. You served your country proud.

>SEAL team are retarded enough to get themselves trapped by coming in through incredibly obvious entrance
>Commander gets his whole team killed for literally no purpose
>This is somehow Hummel's fault that this guy was a literal retard

>literally did nothing wrong

Ah yes lets be sure nobody mistakes it for metaphorically or seemingly did nothing wrong

His shitbag LT's caused that massacre, not him. They opened fire without orders.

He didn't want it to happen and tried to stop it while it was happening

Bluff or not, it was still hella irresponsible for him to use actually potent weaponry.

It's a similar situation to the kid in Money Monster using a fake bomb vest but still using a gun loaded with real bullets and actually killing a guy.

Good motives, bad methods. Not bad guys per se, but they definitely still did wromg shit.

>No civilians were even meant to know they were in danger let alone actually be harmed.

Except for the 70+ hostages? Some of them could easily die from heart attacks/chronic diseases like diabetes etc?

And? He should have had them executed after they disobeyed his orders. Instead he kept them employed. He's just as responsible.

The Rock 2? I didn't know there was a sequel.

>hijacks chemical weapons to honor dead soldiers
>kills other soldiers in the process who probably all had families

Yeah Harris was a fucking retard in this.

You better be trolling lol

All he does there is order the SEALs to surrender since they were in a hopelessly compromised position.

He spends that scene screaming at his people to stop firing at the SEALs once shooting breaks out and he's angry as hell that they died.

>Should've had them executed
>Implying half of his team would either outright refuse his order or turn on him as they did later on in the film

He was shown as deeply regretting their deaths the very next scene. It's not as if he intended on them getting killed anyway, he just lost control of his men. If his plan went right then no one would have died at all.

>not just capturing the SEALs
>letting Dr Perry Cox kill them

Sad!

>it was still hella irresponsible for him to use actually potent weaponry
Well, he needed some leverage.
You expect him to scare the government into paying using empty threads?

Connery definitely thought so.

youtu.be/6UkrDEnzIS8?t=41

>MC in a movie insults the villain
>instead of getting angry the villain weakly smiles in admiration

He could steal the shit and not bring it to the launch site.

>lit·er·al·ly
>in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
>used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.

Someone might indeed mistake it with metaphorically.

He was just a fast, good driver who was maybe a bit cocky whereas Trickle was an incompetent, reckless crybaby who should've lost his license after that bullshit he pulled post race. But he's good looking and is "a natural talent" so I guess he deserves it more. Still love this film tho.

>used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
I hate this world

Uh, good point.
I guess he didn't actually need to carry the nerve gas to Alcatraz as long as he had rockets to play pretend.
Then again he probably wouldn't leave such a dangerous product anywhere but under his personal watch so I don't know what to think.

Well I guess he had to steal the shit because it let the government know he wasn't fucking playing. But I think in a way it gave his bluff away since he used stun guns or something to disable the marines at the base.

Wait, Apocalypse was Oscar Isaac? Wtf.

In this case it makes sense. And he clubs his ass a minute later to put him in his place anyway.

Name ONE instance of this

>I guess he didn't actually need to carry the nerve gas to Alcatraz as long as he had rockets to play pretend.

He needed the rockets on hand so they could escape Alcatraz by chopper without being shot down (which makes it even clearer that firing them at the city was never intended)

My exact same thoughts.
The entire movie I thought he looked familiar but was never able to tell why. I guess now I know.

The Rock is a fucking kino

Why does Ed Harris always play these tragic heroes.Some serious typecasting going on here

1. He chose a threat that was highly precarious and killed one of the men in the process of stealing it. He could have just stolen some powerful missiles aimed at SF.
2. He didn't properly vet the mercenaries he hired, which led to them getting trigger happy on the SEALS and eventually unraveling everything.
3. He didn't have other alternatives for dealings with a countermeasure other than letting his crazies mercs point guns at them and eventually kill them. If he knew the shower room was a potential entry point, he could have sealed that point off in some way, or had his men ready with knockout gas or something (the way he was highly-prepared with non-lethal force when he attacked the weapons depo).

Because he can somehow look kind and stern at the same time. Also because he's beast at acting.

Reminder that us plucky Brits created VX because those naughty Nazi's thought they could out do us with Sarin.

He let Michael Bay direct him.

t. redditor

>being angry about a particular website
>being angry because one or more visitors at this website are suspected of frequently visiting the aforementioned website

Here's how it is, friendo. You're not going to like it, but all I offer is the truth.

You can not stop the oncoming tide of what you perceive to be "le randum post-millennial newfag summercancer tourists" from coming to this site. Or any site. Or any nation. Ever. Our numbers are too strong.

What you CAN do, however, is this. You can take a giant step back from yourself and ask, "all this crying about the past, all this whining about the present and all this despair for the future - does it make me a genuinely happy person? Does my knowledge of the idiocracy enlighten me? Does it hold me and reassure me on a cold night?"

Chances are, everyone who desperately clings to the "good old days", the answers to these questions probably aren't what you would refer to as "positive". Chances are, you probably fucking HATE yourself. Why don't you do something that distracts you from your smug, arrogant self-righteousness, for a change?

Take up a hobby. Take a walk. Lift. Oh, you'd be surprised how much better you feel, after a few weeks of doing a nice, light weights program to get those joints and muscles moving.

Maybe then there'd be less of you insipid, whining cunts making posts like this.

We are memes. We are fun. We are Colbert Drumphcookies dipped in Rick & Morty's szechuan sauce. We are the NEW Sup Forums. Midnight narwhal bacon for LIFE.

The irony of this pasta is, I've been here exclusively since 2009

@82665140
>DUDE IM NOT REDDIT I SWEAR LMAO
yeah whatever

Hi! few things to start off with =]
1. yes I responded to you because you're a female on teh interwebz, 'tis an awesome thing to see!
2. I'm Brian.
3. Don't be intimidated, but I'm not a stereotypical guy. If anything, I'll be the one in the kitchen.

pic related, it's me on my couch (pretending to be from oasis lol jks!)

Viggos mistake was getting in a relationship with Linkara.

He did plenty wrong, like being in that god-awful movie

The Seals shoot first and were pretty retarded not to stand down in the first place

Wrong. He was responsible for this and is a complete monster.

youtube.com/watch?v=tZj_S_JtoGk

Came here to post this. He hired 2 or 3 absolute psycho's. Many such cases!

Still a great man trying to do the right thing for his men...

you are not funny

its been about a decade since ive seen the movie, but i want to say he tried to get the seals to just hear him out, and basically go away and let him deal with the DOD.

the seals start shooting first after a brick falls and spooks them

they werent mercs, they were just marines loyal to hummel that he convinced to join him and promised part of the payout to

>who ever said something about bluffing, General?

This is why you send Delta Force/CAG instead of SEALs.

>MP5s with no suppressors
>a negro with a pump action
>only one team

I wager even normal Rangers could retake Alcatraz, no need for the 75th

It's a movie, not a documentary.

Omura, from The Last Samurai

Actually user the day they took hostages they became mercenaries, and mercenaries get paid.

I WANT MY FUCKING MONEY

Motherfucker just wanted dat papah

You like that Elton John song? Rocket Man?

All meme asides, he was just doing his job, protecting the human colony from agressive natives

This dude allowed a privatized military force built on spacefaring tech to be beat by spear chuckers

how about villians who not only did nothing wrong, they were the good guys all along and the hero was the bad guy

Why isn't tony todd in more films?

Yeah, well it's the commander's responsibility what the people under him do. You take full ownership of the actions of the people under your command.

Koba

Because nothing will ever top Candyman

kulaks deserved it

Hitler

yes he did he killed tons of people and threatened to blow up san fransico with nuclear missiles

I WANT
MY FUCKING
MONEY

There is no better villain.

>classified nerve gas

Well he did something wrong by not launching the VX on those San Francisco sodomites.

What did he do wrong?

show up to work on time every day
work hard for a good position

and he didn't get it because the janitor whos dad used to own the hotel asked if he could have the job.

>nuclear
You mean chemical.

Plankton

We are the future Charles, not them

How could anybody think Duke was a villain