I just renewed my contract with Warner Bros. today, what have you done?

I just renewed my contract with Warner Bros. today, what have you done?

>2017
>still using Outlook

Back to DCuck shilling eh?

Is the casting couch just for your initial meeting or do you do it every time your contract is up?

i helped a guy find his way to the city by pointing right instead of left.

That's funny I've worked on a WB project too.
It was a video game tho.

Even worse is the one who sent me this email did it via gmail

I don't work on their movies :'(

That's for cast, not crew

We need people with initiative like you

Are you Ben Affleck?

Nice trips Zach.

Both my parents do have buttocks in place of their faces.

What show are you familiar with buddy?

>WB
>Not in the junk mailbox
Who are you trying to fool?

Not allowed to tell you unfortunately.

Is it not Gotham

I exempt them when they pay me

I can't tell you but I can say it's not Gotham

What's the point of the flim flam
If you can't say what it's about why is this even a thread
Bleh

Is the shilling dc is accused of on this site over extravagant or a fair assement of the situation

Ah so you're the retard who makes dogshit like The Flash and Supergirl?

OP, I work in the industry as well and while I may not have a lot of experience I'm going to try and impart a little wisdom to you that I learned very fast: Nobody, and I mean NOBODY gives a shit about how many movies you've seen. When you got the job, did the person interviewing you ask your top 5 Bresson pictures made before 1960? No he likely didn't. Nobody cares. Everyone is there because they were in stage crew or play productions in high school and thought to themselves "hey this beats the hell out of homework or sports, I wanna do this". They are the lucky ones who actually made a career out of it, and you have the nerve to act like you're better than them when in reality you're kindred spirits. Learn to accept people who don't have the same likes as you in your workplace or else it will be a very lonely professional life for you. Peace.

I can answer general questions you might have about getting into the industry/what the industry is like/what warners specifically is like

I just can't answer specific questions about shows or anything that'll get me doxxed obviously

I wouldn't know for sure, not really related to my work but I wouldn't put it past the company to have some shills.

At the same time you'll get a mix of genuine fans and shitposters, so don't assume everybody that likes something is a shill.

For the right price

> and you have the nerve to act like you're better than them when in reality you're kindred spirits

Lmao wut? I feel like you're projecting a bit here after the 1st AD told you to fuck off when you wouldn't shut up about cunny-kino

>anything that'll get me doxxed
Ya
I guess that makes a fair amount of sense
Not sure how saying what you work on would do that but ok
Can you say what it is you do then?

> Not sure how saying what you work on would do that but ok

Nah, that's just related to NDA stuff, desu I'm lazy and I never actually go over my contract to see what I specifically can and cannot talk about so I just have a blanket rule of talking about nothing until the show starts airing.

I'm a director, this show however is reality television so my director job is more about trying to coax the talent into behaving/saying certain things to create storylines than actually directing actors

Thanks for this. Next time someone calls me a Disney shill I'll show them that Warner employees post here.

Kevin?

Interesting on both counts
I can understand blanket rule then
Directing a reality show and influencing people to things must be a totally different animal than normal direction

Stacy?

Nah but I got no idea who Kevin is.

What's wrong with gmail?

Do you direct horny men or horny women typically?

Yeah it's kinda annoying because I want to get more into drama directing but having "reality director" on your C.V doesn't translate that well.

Obviously it's better than nothing but producers still tend to think you're under-skilled for drama directing.

Kinda interestingly although reality gets a lot of flak for faking everything it's actually pretty organic and most of what you see is the contestants themselves.

Casting is like 70% of it desu, you cast the right people and you basically just need to leave a camera rolling.

A lot of it is just trying to stir up emotions so people say something in the heat of the moment you can use later to exaggerate the situation.

Like if person A kinda annoys person B for something small you take person B aside and really hammer home the "Wow, what a fucking prick person A was for doing that, could you believe they did that? Man, I woulda blown up"

Then you take person A aside and be like "Jesus, what a sissy person B is being, like, not even a big deal"

If you can get them both to agree, boom, you created a rivalry for TV

>woah that guy is a dick *gives a gun*

neat

Google shouldn't be trusted.

All men are horny

Are you Australian?

The real talent comes from making them think it's their idea.

That sounds like the most amusing job in the world, if you're not an aspiring director that is.

I'm in the commonwealth

I would think if you can manipulate non actors to go in a direction that makes for *good* tv, you'd be able to direct real actors in a drama scenario no problem
Funny that producers think the opposite
How old you bro?

Canadian I'm guessing

Genuinely amusing, have a great time.

As for being an aspiring director, it's just a means to an ends, end of the day WB is a great company to have on your resume, I'm planning on moving to Hollywood in a few years and hopefully I can slide in to an AD role quite easily and work my way up. Although I hear I'll have to do a bunch of union shit when I go over there

I think part of it is a certain snobby-ness.

Like a sorta "Oh, well he never directed true art" type mentality.

I think part of it also comes from not really working with cinematography that much in reality either, so they assume I won't actually make something visually aesthetic.

Super young
Pretty cool that you are directing at that age
Is that the norm or you are younger and that's why you get the gigs Noone else wants?

Definitely on the young end, mostly just down to good luck, a few positions opened up in rapid succession and I got promoted quickly as a result

Well done bro
Initiative and luck are good mates to have and I would guess even better in such an industry
Canada yes?
I have a couple friends behind the scenes in the industry but double your age
Super cool
Wish you could get more in depth although this is cool

Cheers man.

Yeah, luck is massive honestly, my first day I worked as a director was because the actual director called in sick and they were just like "Anybody wanna fill in today?" I coulda gone years without someone above me calling in sick

how do i get a job

whats the easist job for most amount of cash

pls respond

Why don't you have any actual integrity like this man?

How bad was your childhood?

Good to be lucky
Lucky to be good
Feature films one day man
Whoop whoop

Genuine advice, go to a film school.

I know everybody talks shit about them on this board but the truth is this industry is incredibly small and incredibly word of mouth based.

Pretty much everyone you will ever meet in the industry got the job through a friend or family member, so while going to a film school doesn't look that impressive on your resume, the benefit is that you will leave that school with a few dozen contacts who can hopefully hook you up in the future.

Ideally you wanna find the guy in the film school who's parents/family work in the industry (There's always one) and become his best friend.

Otherwise go to local theater groups and ask if you can be a stagehand etc.

While a lot of the jobs in film aren't that physically demanding (While they are definitely physical jobs there can be a fair amount of down time) the hours will be long, whichever area you end up in, so while being a cam assist might not involve too much heavy lifting etc still expect to do 10-14 hour days.

The real money makers are working in advertisements or renting out gear. Drone operators are fucking killing it right now because they get to charge a couple hundred for their time and a couple hundred for their gear per day, but only have to do a few shots

The same as always; prostitution.

And before you say you're too ugly, you're not. No matter how gross you are, there are people who will pay money to fuck you.

> Starred in Charlies angels

Absolutely disgusting.

I went to my local community college and got and got my AA, made some connections here and there, but nothing that's landed me a "real" job yet. I can't afford more expensive school, and I don't have a large enough pool of contacts to make something happen with my own projects.

Hypothetically, I could self-produce a project on my own, but I'm really demotivated by my lack of resources in doing so. I'm kind of stuck working a day job and sitting at home at night writing up fragmented dream-scripts, and i'm not really sure what direction is going to lead me to my goal.
I'm genuinely passionate about filmmaking as an art form, and I'm not really interested in the politics of the industry, money, becoming famous, I just wanna make things that people can enjoy. Any advice?

Is that David Ayer

>only 136 emails

neck yourself.

I would say you need to find motivation, every decision you make needs to be in pursuit of an ultimate goal.

You need to get around local projects, like theater, you will likely be asked to volunteer your time.

You can also try signing up to an extra agency and hopefully get work as an extra on shoots. But if you do get to be an extra DON'T for fucks sake pester the crew for a job, you'll never get it, generally a shoot will hire the same extras a couple of times, so a couple days in once you've gotten to know people a bit better find a low level position (Like unit or locations) and give them your number.

Don't go up to the DOP and waste his time, everybody will hate you.

As for a lack of resources in making films, a DSLR is fine to do some stuff on, I used to shoot shit around the city with my friends and try to cut music videos to it (A couple of friends are musicians as well)

Stuff like that gives you an eye for what works and what doesn't. There's a Sundance award winning film shot entirely on iphones, even though it won awards for being SJW pandering crap the point remains, you can do a lot with a little.

136 unread* emails. I stay on top of my work.

You are false flagging disney shill aren't you? I see no other point to this thread tbqhwy

>people actually fell for it

i hate this board

Fell for what? Is it impossible to accept that on a board about people passionate about film and tv some of us have turned that into a career?

Should I just throw myself onto any open set looking for volunteers on craigslist? I've definitely looked into local projects before, and even been joined them a handful of times, but It always felt like a dice roll whether or not I'd stand to gain any valuable connections out of them.
Is there a strategy for finding productive work?
and when it comes to the topic of resources. I actually have a nice DSLR, and even a good external sound setup, those aren't the resources i'm missing. The resources i'm missing are people to collaborate with. I mean, obviously I could just find some other people my age online or something, but I really want to find that tight knit group that I can really rely on, and that seems pretty difficult to find. Most of my friends aren't interested in the slightest.

> I've definitely looked into local projects before, and even been joined them a handful of times, but It always felt like a dice roll whether or not I'd stand to gain any valuable connections out of them.

100% right, a lot of local projects are gonna be shit, some dude with a camera and no experience trying to get everyone to work for free because he thinks his short film is gonna be his big break.

Tbh you need to use your judgement, ask if they've done other projects before, ask if there is any professional crew on hand etc. But yeah, there'll be a lot of useless people doing useless shit and wanting free help.

Like I said, a theater is a good place to go, you'll more than likely have to volunteer but you are highly likely to meet someone who at least knows someone in the industry.

> Most of my friends aren't interested in the slightest.

I mean, if you're just shooting DSLR all you really need is a couple actors, you can probably find some actors who'll work for free at a theater company

>outlook "'''''app'''''''''

>1% of 1% of 1% of the world works in hollywood
>the iota of a percent that share email w/WB
>just so happens to be on Sup Forums at this very moment

You're an idiot for assuming.
Full stop.

Give me your initials.

> Warner Bros only makes stuff in hollywood and absolutely nowhere else
> Warner Bros doesn't need to employ thousands of people in a relatively small industry

Stay mad

raped by old jews

what's a good alternative senpai, thunderbird maybe?

JJ

Unless you're going to show actual proof there's no need to continue. These other idiots can fall for your ruse but you've failed to set the hook on me.

Let's try that again.
>Sup Forums is a board for people into films and pedos
>it's somehow impossible that people in that industry chose post on Sup Forums

>evernote

hello intern

You mean he successfully activated your jealousy.

What would you accept? I already posted my email and my contract, literally what more could you want?

I literally have no idea what it is. It showed up on my phone one day and there's been an annoying elephant on shit ever since

Just cus you're annoying

> My contract
> My work shirt
> Timestamp

Next you'll say "I was only pretending to be retarded"

Are you pic related

>He thinks google can't be trusted but openly uses Outlook

KEK

Worked as a personal assistant to the CEO of an international B movie mogul in Beverly Hills. He moved to Vegas and I lost my job. Where to go from here?

I found that job on a whim.

Nope, the jewish people run things, they're not crew.

Theater isn't something I ever considered, why Theatre? It seems like something that would be far removed from filmmaking, but I would probably consider myself naive on the subject.

>thinking anyone here cares that you're the whipping boy for some shitty 'TV' show lel

better be quick at fetching that latte and coffee, lad.

Nah, lot of mixing between the two. A decent theatre production will generally have a lighting and gaffer crew set some shit up, so you'll meet people.

Stay jelly

> Puts TV in quotation marks
> Because WB apparently doesn't make popular TV

When my show airs it's usually the most watched show in the country

Already said he's directing a show
Don't see how a *whipping boy* would have to do contractual emails and such
And I care I think it's interesting and fuck you
I still think west coast Canada btw

Er maybe Toronto actually

Also, just to put some things in perspective, the unit assistant (That's who makes coffee's btw) is not usually gonna be in direct contact with the company, the unit assistants are all independently hired by the unit manager, who is the one who liaisons with the company

So the order of operations would be

> WB hires a unit manager
> Unit manager then hires a few assistants for the duration of the shoot

An assistant normally won't have much communication with the actual production company. Why would WB waste their time reaching out to each individual crew member? They don't, they stay in contact with the heads of departments and the HoD's pass any relevant information on to the assistants

That's what I was getting at with no contractual obligations within the actual production company
Doesn't make sense
You're not gonna tell me where you are are ya

No sorry

> It's not Canada though

Good enough
Clearly I was way off
Commonwealth
UK
NZ

That's cool, I also sign my mails with a logo.

ITT: Early-rising Americans believe shirts and pieces of paper

More at 11

STOP PUTTING A FUCKING SPACE UNDER THE REPLY NUMBER FOR FUCKS SAKE

In this thread things that trigger people with autism

C U C K

And australia, but yeah, one of those.

Read the whole thread

Out of curiosity

1: Where do you think I got an email talking about tv shows signed off with a WB signature
2: Some documents with a WB header
3: A shirt that literally says "WB CREW"

And

4: What more could I possibly give to convince you? Seriously, tell me what I could post and if I can do it with minimum effort and without doxxing myself I'll give it to you. Although I don't know what more will convince you when a timestamped contract won't

Oh, and as for your assertion that "1% of 1% of people work in Hollywood and 1% of those work for Warners"

Way off, the biggest production companies naturally employ the most people. Warners, Disney, Fox, Paramount, Universal and Sony (And to a lesser extent Netflix and Amazon) are the biggest employers in this industry.

It's a small industry, odds are you work on one medium-big budget show or movie you're working for one of them.

No

What are they paying you to defend shitty capeshit here?

Read the thread

No.

>one person doesn't believe you
>can't accept it

>And australia
You already said no Australia that's why I didn't list it

>I'm a director, this show however is reality television
Kys

If you are really working there put a Big guy for you meme somewhere in your next work so we'll believe you. If not fuck off.