Is Refn a hack? This is the worst ''''''''''''''''''film'''''''''''''''''''' i've seen in a long time

Is Refn a hack? This is the worst ''''''''''''''''''film'''''''''''''''''''' i've seen in a long time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he wasn't up until he made this shit.

Fuck off pleb.

>"he" thought neon demon was good
Heh

Watch it on LSD

yes
yes he is

i always call them like i see them but you fags always give me shit at first
then you all come to your senses
just like with JJ abrams

Learn to love real Lolita shit. Accept that the camera loves Jena Malone.

>you need to do drugs to enjoy ________
hmmm
confirmed for shit

would a hack hang out with an auteur like Kojima?

It reminded me of Black Swan but 10x more boring somehow

He got into filmmaking because he was almost caught scamming the danish government of some government money. Of course he's a hack.

>would a hack hang out with another hack?

dont u mean this
youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4

Worst film I've watched this year would have to be Last Kung Fu Monk.

He is a hack (ND is basically scenes from old giallo movies, mostly Woman in a Lizard's Skin and Blood and Black Lace), but that doesn't make the movie bad. It was really good. You have no taste.

Story: Non-existant bar the curhazy twist at the end
Characters: Bland
Music: Monotone

Seriously felt like something a media studies major would make if he was given unlimtied funds

got sure of himself after drive's success, thinking he found the path to success through aesthetic, and has been trying to ride that train since.

So he totally ripped off Lost River right? They were pretty much identical save for the supernatural shit in LR

LR's composer, Johnny Jewel, did the entire soundtrack to Drive until Refn told him to fuck off and dropped it all. Was Neon Demon an offspring of that beef?

How did he rip off Lost River when Lost River was a confused Refn/Lynch ripoff itself.

yes
that vikingish shit with memeMikkelsen was already pretentous edgy garbage

Drive was good. OGF was fucking terrible.

it's all visual, plus Elle is prime pusy so i enjoyed it.

>vikingish shit with memeMikkelsen
kill yourself, numale.

the fact that you lumped refn and lynch together really shows what kind of pretentious plebs like those two
they really are those two directors that plebs like just to feel artsy but arent actually good storytelling wise
>but they are good from a technical standpoint
yea a lot of directors are and they can actually tell a story while doing so

>implying Neon Demon wasn't a confused Aronofsky/Lars von Trier ripoff with a Refn artstyle

LR was babbys first surrealism-kino, and David Lynch's influence on the genre is too broad for anyone to precisely rip it off, but it's very clear where Refn drew his influences from in Neon Demon, and it's damning.

ITT plebs who attempt to understand kino by following a director after he made one intentionally accessible film that was successful

It wasn't even that good visually. alot of the scenes whre very clean or generic

OOOH PRETTY COLORS WOOOOOW: the Movie.

>OOOH PRETTY COLORS WOOOOOW: the Director

fixed

I like refn, but neon demon was indeed trash

>arent actually good storytelling wise

>he's too dumb to handle a non-linear plot

How about you kill yourself

>thinks he "gets" lynch films
*tips fedora*

>getting this buttblasted

>OGF was fucking terrible

This is absolutely false. I suggest you rewatch it.

He has literally never made a bad film that wasn't named Valhalla Rising.

>mommy fetish fag thinks he has good taste
no im good

Do people not consider lynch good? He's genuinely a solid filmmaker. Watch his early stuff. He doesn't really start to go up his own ass until Mulholland Drive and IE is the only film of his I would consider "pretentious" and was kind of miserable to watch. Fire walk with me sucked too, but he redeemed himself with lost highway.

>tfw waiting for some heavy-handed exposition dialogue to explain what I'm watching
>tfw the movie ends, and I have to figure it out for myself

your loss, m8

He is.
His films are visually nice, but he is completely fucking uninspired when it comes to telling stories. All his films are just excuses for the visuals to exist.

Drive was good on accident and because he didn't write it

This, OGF is refn's only kino.

>these movies are thinkers! not stinkers! youre just too dumb!
same old argument

no not at all
i already wasted enough time on this hack

Refn is a major hack. His movies actually are mostly 9/10s visually and about 6/10s in total, but he's such an insufferable douchebag about it.

>"I am the sex pistols of cinema"
>"All my protagonists are actually me"

Really, one of the biggest douchebags in the whole of cinema right now.

The first 2 acts are brilliant, then the third is total burnt hair turd.

I beg to differ.

I am the best at ce que je fais. Even at being a "douche".

It was visually fantastic and the story was overall solid. The last 30 minutes reeked of an 80's schlock which is always nice and it's more style than substance, but fuck you and your "standards".

Style is substance

>he fell for this meme
no it is not

All white directors get there because nepotism all black directors get there for virtue signaling Mexican directors get there because of talent .... Fight me

t. cuck

>Accept that the camera loves Jena Malone.
So do I. Wheres the alternate ending where they just lez out from the last 20 minutes. Who turns down donnie darko's GF?

His danish films are fucking great though.

>Music: Monotone
If nothing else NWR always has amazing music.

>Accept that the camera loves Jena Malone.
That it does.

Neon Demon was made by Refn for us to use as a pleb filter.

Thought the movie was great.

best acrtess ever

>first time her juicy nips arnt poking through
>literally wearing cheese rind armor
What did she mean by this

>cheese rind armor

is that a french thing?

Maybe shes aiming for the french audience

Her nose kept distracting me. I kept thinking of the grinch

>scroll through neon memeon thread
>no necks posted

im very disappointed in each and every one of you

This.

>pug face
> skinny fat lanky
>moley

na f.a.m, just na

Lol it's a terrible film to watch on LSD, and refn's worst and most pretentious film so far

fight me in real life

gladly, give me your house number

t. pleb

123 fake st.

She looks so fucking greasy

guys

cool it with the bullying

you should see her pusy

Yes, he's a hack. But Neon Demon is better than this piece of shit that Sup Forums tricked me into watching.

TND is an excellent film and guaranteed to have a cult following in the future. You sound like a fucking pleb OP. If I were to ask you for your arguments you'd probably say some gibberish about "style over substance" like the peon you are.