Welp

Welp

At least it's better than BvS

I was already pretty worried about this just from the trailers, and I fucking adored First Class and Day of Future Past.

why do people put so much faith in Rotten Tomatoes? Critics are morons, decide if you like a movie yourself.

That's true, but in a lot of cases this serves as an indicator.

Some people are retarded and need others to form opinions for them.

But what if I already thought the trailer made it look bad? I obviously don't accept review scores as facts but it's an indicator and its one that corroborates what I'm already expecting.

The same reason why Sup Forums puts so much stock in a Pitchfork review.

Because, people care. And, they can also use it as bragging rights and means to shit-post about who they do and don't stan.

It was 40% yesterday. If it keep rising, think it'll be at like 70 in weeks when it comes out in two weeks.
Still, Fox must have known going up against Civil War was a bad idea. Superman and Batman even had to back down from their release date

Better to read the full reviews yourself

I can't really see this as a bad thing, it just emphasizes Deadpool's success. Hopefully they'll be smart enough to look at what it did right instead of just trying to imitate it by throwing a ton of blood and fucks into the scripts of everything.

Why do you assume I don't?

I can see the concept of wastable time is lost on you.

It's probably going to end up around 35% judging from the disparity between top and all critics.

Keep an eye on that user rating too - factor them out of the user score and you'll get something which will probably resemble the tomatometer score pretty closely. Again, 35%.

Given that 1 in 3 audience members will like it, expect argumentative pricks.

>Critics are morons, decide if you like a movie yourself.
Critics help me decide whether I want to see a movie in theaters or pirate/tv.

>what it did right
What's going to happen is that Deadpool will become FOX's Iron Man, they are going to milk it dry and force him into other X-Men movies.

>Critics says it's bad
>"no don't listen to them!!! they are idiots!"
>Critics say it's good
>"They said it was good though"
I don't get why people hate on critics but don't complain about the audience and WOM.

I know that everyone wants to feel like a special snowflake, but usually RT is pretty spot on if movie OVERALL (keyword) is good or not. Devil is in a details, but if movie is a total mess, RT will catch it.

Critics pointed out these problems.

>The ending of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" with Mystique rescuing Wolverine is ignored.
>Quicksilver appears not to recognize Wolverine even though they've met before.
>Havok claims he last saw Mystique during the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962, even though they met again in Vietnam in 1973.

It started at 30 and has been slowly rising though, I don't see it going down anymore especially since now there's more fresh than rotten views unlike when the initial reviews came in.

why the trailer look bad? I don't get this meme?
what did you want to see in a trailer?

>At least it's better than BvS
Because RT said so? You just take their word for it?

70% would be fair. it might not be better than DOFP, but still a solid movie

and seriously, do I really have to spell it?
APOCA-FUCKING-LIPS

one of my fave villains, beside magneto

And now, for the 5th movie in a row (ignoring that Chris Pine Coast Guard movie nobody remembers from January), from Star Wars to Zootopia to Jungle Book to Civil War, Disney will stay on top.

Get ready for X men to debut at #2.

What more proof do you need than this to finally admit that Disney does in fact pay reviewers to shit on other movies?

To be honest, I don't care how alice will fare, I only want the X-Men to do well enough to have spin-offs. If it makes 600-700 millions, I would be all right.

Alice have even worse reviews than X-men

>S
Well that's good for you, but I've never been a fan of his. He's boring. He's just an all powerful brick with a generic "wipe out the weak" gimmick. I've always preferred his former good Mister sinister to him. He'd have been a great villain.

I remember that at first DOFP had worse rating than AoU (around 70%?), but after a LONG while, DOFP started to have better ratings.

I was concerned by the trailer because the X-Men franchise is at its most appealing when it's dealing with the politics and social issues of mutants and a struggle that is ideological in nature. The reason First Class and Days of Future Past were so appealing was because they dealt almost entirely in ideology, politics and social issues.

I'll preface this by noting that I accept that Apocalypse is an iconic part of the X-Men. But the trailers just look like "we've got to save the world from the guy with super CGI powers!" which is standard MCU fair. I go the MCU for standard simple stop the bad guy heroism. I come to X-Men for the character driven ideological struggles. The focus of the movie seems to be totally counter to what I want from X-Men.

And funnily enough Civil War ended up being an ideological and political struggle. X-Men and the MCU totally swapped their shit around seemingly.

X-MEN: ALPACA LIPS

He is interesting, because he goes against the typical villain. When Thanos wants to kill everyone, because he is a lame emo, Apocalypse has a special plan for this world.

I mean, when everyone you have ever loved is finally gone, when everything you have ever wanted is finally done with, when all of your nightmares are for a time obscured, as by a shining brainless beacon, or a blinding eclipse of the many terrible shapes of this world, when you are calm and joyful, and finally entirely alone, then in a great new darkness

You can finally execute your special plan

I honestly want the x-men to do good enough to get more movies but just barely so FOX can use it as a reason to boot the current writers, director, and jlaw

I think our standards have just greatly risen since about 2009. Everything has to reach a higher bar.

>trusting Rotten Tomatoes
Ugh! Like! Ugh!
Don't you know that Rotten Tomaroes is literally Adolf Hitler??? This is the same website that have Max Landis's movies (yes THE Max Landis) rotten scores!!! This is of course crazy since Max Landis's movies are the greatest movies of the century!!!(Max Landis says so).
Rotten Tomatoes (and criticism) NEEDS to be destroyed!!!!

I won't lie, I liked a little destruction.

DOFP trailers were kinda boring, I mean, they presented the conflict nice, bu they lacked a little ka-boom. I liked the music in the apocalypse trailers, and I really liked the dark and pessimistic tone. The difference between MCU and Fox-Men are casualties.

DOFP started basically with a mountain of dead corpses. In Apocalypse, it's confirmed that we will see in great detail how Apoc will nuke the earth.

It might be true that X and CW swapped them (albeit I didn't watch CW, and don't plan to), but the film has this religious tone, and it's possible that it will tackle with the religious fundamentalism.

The fact that Apoc said that he was called Jahwe was actually ballsy. I'm surprised that there were no controversy over that.

JLaw is out
I think that this movie will far well, but it won't exceed DOFP, which is fine, because of what you said

Here's the difference.

X men is the 4th superhero movie in 5 months and the 2nd in a month that already has what will most likely be both the best reviewed and most successful of the bunch. If X men sucks, audiences can get their superhero kick from Civll War which will still be in theatres in 2 weeks or just wait for Will Smith and Margot Robbies Suicide Squad.

Alice on the other hand is a film all it's own. The only other fairy tale film that comes out this year is the The Huntsman sequel, which no one saw. If audience want their psychodelic film, they will have to just make due.

it does? interesting

>I can see the concept of wastable time is lost on you.

It seems lost on you since you're here shitposting on Sup Forums.

>Given that 1 in 3 audience members will like it, expect argumentative pricks.

>oh no somebody liked a movie how horrible!

The only prick around here is you it seems.

all nice, but I don't get why some people keep using alice as some competitor to X-Men, when these movies are from completely different genres and to different audiences. it reminds me, when some folks thought that zoolander 2 would beat deadpool

That's actually much higher than before

I honestly can't be that hype for this movie because of the way DoFP ended and we know that everybody ends up totally okay in the future

the first Alice movie was awful, terrible.
Many people who watched that one (like myself) will not watch this one.

I really hope it gets higher, not because I trust RT (I don't, even if the movie gets a better rating, the initial reviews are a proof for me that something is fishy going on there), but because bad reviews can kill a hype for many people, who are undecided. And I don't have to say how bad it is, if there is an unchallenged monopolist for successful movies?

70% is a fantasy.

Let's say it gets 300 reviews. 50 of those are Top Critics; 1 in 5 of them has currently reported, if they're split along the same lines as currently, then that's going to seriously lower the score to BvS levels.

What you're looking at on the main score is a 50/50 split, but that's not good at this stage because only 2 of 9 top critics currently think it's fresh; so there could be another 60 to 70 % of the top critics who think it's shit.

To be counted you need a circulation of at least 500,000 and to be independently verified, so these aren't just whatever bum on the internet has a blog, they're reviewers people listen to, and of course that in turn means they're usually going to be pretty close to the truth in their reviews. You might have to differ in opinion sometimes, but even with your best buds that's going to be true, so it means less than you'd think with reviews. After all, if you're consistently wrong as a pro reviewer, you won't have a job for very long.

There's a lot complicated prognostication we could do at this stage to prove one thing or another, but my gut feeling is that the score is going down again (as we saw with BvS, though that was mostly all over one glorious night) and will settle much lower, because of how it started out and progressed to this point. Somewhere in the 30s, low 40s at best.

The original Alice film only did so great (700 fucking million alone along with 300 domestic) because of Johnny Depp who is no longer a box office draw.

HOw do you fuck up that badly? It's not like there's been a long break between movies.

A piece of shit is better than BvS

apparently Wolverine has a helmet from Weapon X comics

>Welp
>Atleast this shit doesn't smell as bad as the vomit!

Nobody died in CW, and there are tons of people who praise it.
Hell, there were hardly any consequences in that movie

at least you don't hide who you are

>it's user becomes a mathematician episode
How's that degree working out for you?

>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Do you enjoy shitposting? Then it's not wasted time.

Do you enjoy movies 2 out of 3 people don't? Then they're not wasted time.

No need to be an argumentative prick about it.

It probably rests on how the other 40 Top Critics come in.

>7 reviews is the same sample as 329 reviews!

It's true a movie which nobody has seen has a perfect score. That doesn't mean it's proof of the failure of criticism, just that nobody saw it.

But you understand that even as a big fan you're only prepared to give it 70%, right?

So for the rest of the world the score is likely lower.

I think it'll keep this trend going. It raised 20% in a day. BVS only raised by a small percentage before plummeting again
It has over 8/10 on IMDb to.

And many people who liked it will go see it.

>But you understand that even as a big fan you're only prepared to give it 70%, right?
>So for the rest of the world the score is likely lower.
All I want, is for movie to make enough money, so there will be more movies in the future. That's it. I don't know how much will make the studio content, and I don't care. I just hate it, when other people piss in my cereals.

>It has over 8/10 on IMDb to.
When the fuck did people start caring about imdb's rating system? I swear this started with BvS. Everybody knows that imdb is a fucking joke when it comes to reviewing movies and no one has ever used it as a measure of quality until literally this year

Behold! Sup Forums's "Still a better love story than Twilight!"

>Still, Fox must have known going up against Civil War was a bad idea
This, a thousand times this. They should of pushed it back.

People have bitched about the IMDB to films thing for years now because people would always mass vote to get the current flavor of the month on top of it. People have always cared about IMDB scores, I remember people freaking out when The Dark Knight started going over classic films.

To where? The summer is pretty booked. Maybe early October?

>Lame Emo
More like awkward fat guy trying to impress a chick.

kek, you're right

because muh validation

BvS wasn't that bad
CW wasn't THAT good
given the mixed reaction, Apocalypse might be the one hitting that sweet spot

>Hell, there were hardly any consequences in that movie
So just like every MCU movie then.

well it is 50/50

>movie is 50/50 currently
>consensus is mostly negative

Confirmed RT paid by Disney