Why critics are so obsessed with being contrarian to popular opinion?

why critics are so obsessed with being contrarian to popular opinion?

It's almost as if the critics have a different set of criteria than the movie going public. How strange.

then whats the point of critics?
seems pointless

most "critics" these days are just regular shitty plebs. Source: I go to critic screenings as part of my job and is embarrassing some of the conversations I overhear these "professionals" spout.

Is the popular opinion that is good? I really liked it.

REMINDER: THE CAUSE OF ALL THESE BAD REVIEWS IS DUE TO THE FACT THERE WERE TOO MANY WHITES AND THE WOMEN PLAYED MINOR ROLES

well considering audience gave it 73% its well above average

>WB movie
>audience score three times the critic score
Many such cases

does WB not pay critics enough?

I think they don't pay them at all those stingy jews

/ourguy/ strikes again

I haven't watched the movie but I'm sure it's a bad blockbuster and deserves getting torn appart.
That said, most marvel movies are pretty mediocre too but they get a pass for some reason. The problem is not rating bad movies fairly, it's being incosistent with their judgements.

>go to the cinema with friends and saw
>bvs
>assassins creed
>warcraft
>ghost in the shell
>all shitted on by the critics
>we found it entertaining
We are not looking for a deep and complex drama, we go to the cinema to have a good time and enjoy the movie.

Fuck those critics.
Also fuck Sup Forums because they do the same.

Seems like the reviewers only like blockbuster trash if it's aware it's blockbuster trash and makes fun of itself for being trash; like the Marvel movies.

Why are americans so obsessed with critics, deciding whats good and whats not?

There is nothing wrong with watching both dumb entertaining movies and muh kino.

Dont be such a dick

I think a lot of these professional critics are either paid for a certain opinion or feel they must separate themselves from the average movie going pleb by being as pompous and contrarian as fuck

Why am I a dick? Sup Forums is the one that shits on you because you might enjoy a movie they don't like.

The critics are Sup Forums posters. Popular opinion is the people who went to watch the movie.

How will we know if a movie is good or not without them?

This tbqhfamilia

>marvel flick
>"haha oh wow the chink didn't know who beyonce was, what a blast 104% would shill again!"

>wb flick
>"yeah it's good but it's not kubrick y'know, 0% I can't do more"

Really makes you think

Honestly this is a perfect place to ask seeing how everyone in Sup Forums is a contrarian with critic delusions.

the thing is these movies are not entertaining at all, to anyone who isn't a pleb. I don't see what normies who just like anything could come to Sup Forums for, but here you are! just don't go crying about contrarians and stuff, being a pleb in movies is no big deal

>everyone is a contrarian, except for me

the irony

>14,000 people liked it
>76 critics didn't
>we are the contrarians for calling bullshit

>tried to cut a deal with red
>got blowback from green

Because the critics go to see every/ a lot of movies, and then have to rate it. The audience only go to see it if they want to, and are far less likely to rate it.

It is also not uncommon for the audience to treat a 7/10 rating as meaning average, where critics are more likely to remember that the centre rating is actually 5/10.

>We are not looking for a deep and complex drama, we go to the cinema to have a good time and enjoy the movie.

How on earth are critics forbidding you to do that? Their job is to review films, when you spend time on the medium you aren't going to give good ratings to trite blockbusters just for popcorn value

That said you must be a genuine manchild to watch warcraft and assassins creed

>except for me
Things that haven't been said nor implied in my post for 500.

>virtually all people liked it than disliked it and we are part of the disliking part
That's exactly what being contrarian means bud

>complained that Sup Forums shits on you for watching something they don't like
>random user say: "That said you must be a genuine manchild to watch warcraft and assassins creed"
kek, it's like pottery

,000 people liked it
critics didn't

So Fight Club is the tenth greatest movie of all time, one million imdb users can't be wrong

Oh I thought you meant we were contrarians for trusting the people instead of the critics, my bad

t. offended guy because the comment hit too close to home

you're saying at least the majority of people on Sup Forums have a contrarian opinion, aka "disagree with my pleb taste", making YOU the contrarian. Maybe those people are actually right after all huh.

I'm not saying anything like that though.
Keep trying saltboy.

oh ok. I guess "everyone" means "only a few". well, "everyone" thinks you're really smart!

this movie looks fucking terrible, and the general populace doesnt understand what makes a quality film

You keep quoting the wrong words and saying things I didn't say.
I think you might be hallucinating, go to a doctor.

I'm going to be watching this in Cinemas. Only because the critics said it was shit and that means it's going to be an entertaining fun movie.

give an example.

how does it feel to be a contrarian who only likes what modern cirtics dont?

By looking at user opinions/ user scores like the rest of the world does?

>the average movie goer liked a film with shoehorned diversity
Really niggled my noggin

Source?

no, how about it was a generic mess that has next to nothing to do with classic king arthur

>Sup Forums will defend WE WUZ shit because rotten tomatoes is Disney jews or something

watch the fucking movie retard, theres loads of diversity pandering you fuck. Chinks teaching kung fu and black guy playing merlin or some shit

It looks like a fun flick. So how come GotG2 gets a free pass for being fun but this is somehow boring, derivative trash?

so every movie thats "fun" is good now? Its impossible for there to be a bad comedy?

>GotG2 gets a free pass for being fun but this is somehow boring, derivative trash?
>GotG2 Fun
>This boring, derivative trash

You seem to have answered your own question.

their own fault for the white wash casting
if they didnt make king arthur white they would have made a critic proof hit

>Sup Forums has been shitting on it since the first trailer
>now you're buying tickets just because the critics dislike it

I wonder who's the contrarian

>Audience score completely different which rates it quite good
why are rotten tomatoes so shit?

I think you missed all the Marvel, Star Wars and animated movie reviews.

americans are obsessed with being spoofed everything, thats our culture

People don't pay to see movies to hate them, goober. That is a terrible audience score.

You tell me.

Critics are nothing but a way to justify "objective" publicity. Same with awards.

Critics have no idea what theyre talking about, because most people with actual talent/know-how usually create themselves, instead of just criticizing everything.

Especially in art critics are even criminals, because they praise some unknown painter, then "surprise" they sell a painting after the value skyrocketed.

In film critics simply praise films they get money for. Look at RT.

>Nocturnal Animals 73%
>Ghostbusters 73%

Nocturnal animals is probably one of the best films of the last 10 years.

I wonder why...

Nothing can beat Excalibur

>online polls are reflective of public opinion
>boy I'm really not interested in that retarded King Arthur movie I've never heard of, I'll go to rotten tomatoes and vote that I don't want to see it

Let's wait until the movie gets a wider release, and then see what people think of it.

The new Schumer piece of shit has the funniest reviews. Even the ones that give it a rotten make sure to fawn all over Amy Schumer for fear of being black listed.

"Knights! Squires! Prepare for battle..."

>"objective" publicity

This isn't a thing nor a concept in anyone's mind. Learn how to write.

Exactly what happened.

>Dear White People has a 91% rating on Rotten Tomatoes but a 62% rating on IMDb
Hmm really activates my almonds

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with pretending shitty movies are good just because the critics or SJWs didn't like them?

This guy gets it

Because since those feminists didn't like it, it must be awesome :^) if they liked it, it's a stupid movie :^(

good morning reddit

Reminder that WB owns Rotten Tomatoes kek.

Excalibré...

They can't afford to critique well established franchises (especially the ones liked by hip redditors) since they would suffer a blowback by the plebs. So in order to maintain an illusion of impartiality and professionalism they pick new, not well known franchises so their review history wouldn't seem overly positive.

I saw this yesterday and it was pretty much the same mildly entertaining garbage as all marvel movies. So the rating is way off if you compare it to similar movies.

>so every movie thats "fun" is good now?
Yes? That's the definition of a good movie, that it's fun.

73% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes is fucking horrible

People mostly look up movies they want to see and want to like

if a movie were not "fun" to watch there would be no way possible of interpreting it as good. so yea if its "fun" its most likely good in one way or another.

>implying audience scores aren't clickfarmed to be as high as possible