Why couldn't he lift the hammer?

Why couldn't he lift the hammer?

Because Whedon didn't want to.

If you go by the Busiek Mjolnir theory, there was no real good reason for him to pick up Mjolnir.

Steve did not believe enough. Against Thanos he will succeed.

Glitch in the hammers computer. It detected that he had the potential to wield it one day.

It's all in the intent of the person wielding the hammer. Steve wasn't pure of intent, only doing it as a party trick

He wasn't as big as thor

because when vision picks it up later it makes it more impressive

Theories aside because the plot did not required him to do so

Because Cap is better than that.
The moment he saw he could lift it, he started pretending it was too heavy.

The Hammer's AI is a communist.

?

Mjölnir was too shy

Because Thor is still around, and the hammer recognizes that there's no need for two people to be truly worthy.

>Vision does not count
>once Vision embraces his humanity he won't be able to lift it.
>fuxk Vision lifting it desu

Because the point of the scene was to setup the importance of Vision lifting it for those who hadn't seen the girst Thor movie and to have a quick laugh.

The plot demanded it move along quickly.

Speaking of Busiek, I will never forgive Whedon for not doing pic related.

I'm not even one to nitpick about the comics and shit but this was literally the one thing I straight-up expected from AoU.

He didn't want to. He played along because it was all in good fun, but unlike the others, Steve didn't feel like he had to prove anything, didn't want to rock the boat, didn't need the extra responsibility.

If there's ever a time where he NEEDS to lift the hammer, that might change.

Not with Hemsworth. It'd never work. You'd need someone with presence, someone who could pull off an angry god. Hemsworth is not that.

Who are you quoting?

Does he even say "thee" in the movies?

Who is baiting?

I think he has the potential, he just hasn't had much opportunity. Look at the films Thor's been in so far.

He's far from great but I liked him in Ultron. It would have worked.

No but I figured he'd say "you."

You're not fooling anyone.

Hemsworth doesn't have the charisma or presence to pull of Thor. He's basically a block of wood. He's also not big enough to pull off Thor.

Who would I be trying to fool, the landwhale that I'm talking to that is getting upset?

>projecting this hard
lol

Whedon was shit with Cap and Thor, Thor mostly.

Lets hope the Russos give him his time to shine in their Avengers movies.

Now that I think about it Hemsworth and Ruffalo haven't worked wit the Russos, it's going to be interesting to see how they react to it since in TWS and in Civil War all the actors loved working with them.

Mjolnir doesn't respect 100 year old virgins

Because of the self doubt that was weighing in his mind ever since he concealed what Bucky did to Tony's parents, something which he admits he was wrong to. This self doubt subconsciously caused a smigeon of unworthiness, which is why he could only budge the hammer a bit

Or hell I don't know, ask Whedon.

>>He's also not big enough to pull off Thor.

the only one big enough is andre the giant.

I like this headcanon

>I don't know what these guys are making such a big deal of
>This thing is as light as a feather
>My mother could lift this, and she's was never that strong, even back in the day
>What did Thor say about it? Only the worthy could lift it?
>Wait, is this going to make my friends feel bad, because they're not as worthy as me?
>Im going to pretend I need a better grip cause this thing is so heavy,
>"Gee Thor, you must be really strong to be able to lift that! Gosh golly!"

Question time:

We know Stark can't lift the hammer.
We know the hammer can be moved by inanimate objects - it rests peacefully on the floor of the airborne Helicarrier.
>Does that mean the pilot of the helicarrier is worthy, or simply that the Hammer is smart enough to know the pilot isn't intentionally moving it?

The hammer rests peacefully on the Earth.
The Earth is always in motion.
Does this mean when we get the inevitable Mogo the Living Planet film, we'll discover that the Earth is pure of heart?

And in the DC/Marvel crossover, will the Earth be a blue lantern or a white lantern?

because his eyes have a little tint of green to them.

Hammer is smart.

He's going to use it to beat down Thanos.

The hammer knew he would fuck up in the future (Civil War)