Black Panther movie speculation thread

Since Zemo killed T'Chaka this character seems far less significant. Aside from vibranium theft (which they can substitute just about any other C-lister) I only see them using Klaw as a distraction/sub-boss, like Crossbones in TWS, that gets taken out before the final boss reveals all is according to keikaku

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4zdIpXJlM8A
willow-wanderings.tumblr.com/post/144234113062/spoonmeb-eshusplayground-madnessiswaiting
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cattle feesh

I WANT TO TELL YOU A STORY! ABOUT A FRIEND IVE HAD
HES A MEAN MUTHERFUCKER AND HES SUPER BAD
SO LISTEN AND LEARN, AND HANG ON TIGHT
AS I TELL YOU A STORY ABOUT BLACK PANTHER
SO IF YOU CRAVE SATISFACTION
THEN DIG THIS ACTION

I honestly foresee him and Zemo both returning for Black Panther movie. I think other than Loki Zemo's the only villain that didn't go away/die. Not counting Not-Mandarin or Justin Hammer because they were pawns. I think Zemo still has the potential to become a true 'Baron Zemo' within the context of the MCU.

You don't hire Andy Serkis for a character noted as becoming an energy being and then NOT have him do mo-cap. My guess would be that, if Klaw shows up early and the movie and is defeated, he'll be defeated in such a way that could lead to his transformation. Then, later in the movie, he'll pop back up for a big fight, maybe in the second act or in the big finale.

That said, with T'Chaka and a lot of the origin stuff out of the way, the movie will almost certainly focus on the great responsibility and burden of being a ruler. In that case, a character like Klaw is less important for his personal rivalry with T'Challa, and more for the damage he does to T'Challa's people and society.

I could see the movie starting with Klaw having snuck back into the country to steal more Vibranium. Panther tracks him down, Klaw falls into some weird machine, and that seems to be the end of him. Panther is left wondering just how the hell Klaw got back into Wakanda after they had previously branded him a thief and thrown him out.

He then slowly unravels a conspiracy, discovering that someone within Wakanda helped Klaw, using the arms dealer as part of a larger plot to destabilize the country, distract T'Challa, and turn his people against him. This person could be a number of potential villains: M'Baku, Killmonger, White Wolf, any of T'challa's major political rivals would work.

Then, when T'Challa confronts the conspirators, he finds the real villain has Klaw's weird machine, which gets switched on and energy-form Klaw emerges and starts wreaking havoc.

>RATED AR-RUH!

He's super cool and he knows kung-fu
Drives a 5 million dollar car and wears a vibranium suit
and when it comed to the ladies...
*translated from Hausa

>this character seems far less significant
user please, no studio would ever waste Andy Serkis. He will be the main villain

>I could see the movie starting with Klaw having snuck back into the country to steal more Vibranium. Panther tracks him down, Klaw falls into some weird machine, and that seems to be the end of him.

coincidentally I just read this

>I'll say one thing and then I'll split. I am declaring war, on anybody selling vibranium outside the community
>But Black Panther, I sell vibranium outside the community!

We don't know anything about Zemo's background beyond he was a Colonel in the Sovokian military and he had a father, a wife and a child. He could be a baron right now and not have used the title.

DA WHITE MAN IS EVIL

OOGA BOOGA

DINDU NUFFIN

It'll be in the big finale.
He's gonna go giant sound golem, T'Challa's gonna get in the Panther statue thus revealing that it's actually a Panther zord and Power by Kanye West is gonna start playing.

>My God, men. Do you know what this means? Do you know whose sister... ? This nation is gonna be turned upside-down, I tell you, upside-down. The streets are gonna run crimson with the blood of the men responsible for his sister's death. Man I'm speaking of is a veritable one-man army. And if you get on his bad side, brother, you're done for. It's only a matter of time before he finds out. And when he does, no matter where he is, get ready, gentlemen, because hell's a-coming. Coming, coming, coming...

>Hausa

Wouldn't Wakandans speak something closer to Oromiffa or Amharic? Or maybe Swahili?

Also, sound-Golem Klaw will keep taking the shapes of various giant African wildlife sculpted out of sound, culminating in an enormous red energy lion/elephant/crocodile/zebra/eagle/gorilla chimera.

In the comics it's the language BP speaks to his dora milaje(female bodyguars) which is why I used it after "the ladies"

Fuck Zemo. Leave him completely alone until a Thunderbolts movie. This is a Black Panther movie, concentrate on Black Panther shit.

Was that one of his bodyguards in Civil War threatening Widow? If so then bravo on the details Russos

Considering Zemo killed T'chaka I find it very hard to believe they'll leave him entirely out of Black Panther movie.

Does Sup Forums want caped BP or non caped BP for the movie?

I believe so.

The cape should be used for traditions/ceremonies I think. Personally I find the costume to look perfect as is

You better believe it. He's locked up in the States, and there's a million BP villains for them to use before they start taking Cap villains.

Caped and unmasked for matters of state

Uncapped and masked for matters of war

I've always hated the cape because IMO it's a symbol of flight powers

but I like these suggestions or maybe a ceremonial suit and battle suit

Uncaped. I like the sleeker look he has without it.

Is that from Priest or Hudlin's run, where they confirmed the language? I just find it interesting how Wakanda is depicted relative to other African cultures/countries. If you look at old maps from the comics its location changes regularly, from East to West to Central Africa. Hausa is predominantly a Yoruba language, the main language in Nigeria, but in CW they have T'Challa and T'Chaka speaking Xhosa, which is found almost exclusively in South Africa.

This was the only thing I disliked about Civil War. Made a thread to this same effect, in fact. With the very same pic. Hmm.
>I only see them using Klaw as a distraction/sub-boss, like Crossbones in TWS, that gets taken out before the final boss reveals all is according to keikaku
Ahh shit, they will won't they. Fuck. Poor Ulysses.
Well, I always assumed they'd hold off Killmonger & White Wolf for sequels. So I guess that """leak""" about Achebe and M'Baku being featured suddenly doesn't sound so """""" to me after all.

Watch the fucking movie. The entire point of Panther's arc is letting go of his lust for revenge. He's zen about it, as befitting a king. They could retcon it that Zemo actually hired Klaw to don the wig and pull the trigger and it wouldn't mean anything because the hate just isn't there anymore.

Maybe something closer to the old school Kirby costume for ceremonial purposes, and make the cape an actual panther skin tied with the tooth necklace

Priest's run

Just because T'challa 'let it go' doesn't mean the rest of Wakanda will just say "Oh ok". That could potentially be a major point of conflict for him. Would any country stand by while the man responsible for killing their (presumably beloved) leader remains largely unpunished?

>largely unpunished

Dude is locked in a metal box, even more restrictive than the worst form of solitary confinement, presumably for the rest of his life. I think they'd be okay with that.

gibsmedat vibranium

I dig it

>YOU ASK ME WHO AND HERE'S THE ANSWER
>LEMME TELL YOU THE TALE OF BLACK PANTHER
FTFY

>LEMME TELL YOU A STORR-AY!
Ftf(you)

Do you even Black Dynamite?

Vibranium Wars! Rogue African monarch dismantles corporations, terrorist cells, black ops groups that have access to Wakandan Rare Metal! Tony Stark of the Avengers states that King T'Challa must stop his crusade over international boundaries.

You just KNOW this shit would write itself. It deals with the geopolitics of Wakanda and Vibranium as well as a proper Armor Wars storyline.

>white Black Panther
>effigy of Kek
Sup Forumscucks, Sup Forumscucks everyhere.jpg

>white
>not gray
You've failed me for the last time Starscream

They're both T'Challa from different time periods. The color schemes and art styles (one is Sal V, the other is Kirby-esque) are different to differentiate the two.

Yeah, they fucked that up pretty badly in the movies. They're all shown speaking Xhosa like 5 minutes after they show a map of Wakanda up by Uganda and the Sudan.

>"I'm the king now", said T'Challa.
>"I disagree with that", said the evil Wakanda power player, "I shall steal the throne"
>"Do battle with me, Black Panther", said the evil enforcer of the main villain.
>"Oh, Black Panther, have PG-13 sex with me", said the cute American woman visiting Wakanda.
>"I am in this movie too", said Bilbo Baggins.
>"I SHALL RISE FROM MY CHAIR TO ACCOMPLISH THINGS IN TWO MONTHS", said Thanos in a after-credits scene.
>"10/10", said the critics
>"$1 billion worldwide", said the public.
>"IT'S NOT FAIR", said DC fans.

>tfw this doesn't play during any scene with BP

youtube.com/watch?v=4zdIpXJlM8A

That's okay, I'm pretty hyped for Black Panther.

It's because John Kani, T'Chaka, is South African and speaks Xhosa.

I think it would be cool if Klaue replaced his arm with Ultron's. No reason. I just think it would be cool.

I don't see that as true. After Black Panther revealed himself on center stage Klaue knows there is more vibranium in Wakanda, he didn't get it all, and thanks to Ultron he needs to replenish his stock.

How much did he get away with in the first place? They caught him and seared a brand on his fuckin' neck.

Like that doesn't sound like a good movie.

>Still want to see Marvel Presents Coming 2 America

Speaking of which who will be in itwho's left alive?
>Zemo
>Abomination
>Justin Hammer (as possible Titanium Man?)
>Batroc
>Klaw?
>Bullseye after Daredevil season 3

Quick Question Doesn't he have Billions of Dollars now from Ultron "buying" the Vibranium?

That could buy alot of assets to take on Wuconda .

The original 5. Introduced one by one as throwaway secondary antagonists in the remaining Phase 3 movies.

I want Atlas to be in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

He has enough for his fancy new Klaww hand, and plenty for some mercs.

>The original five

The original team had only 4 members.

I fucking hate you faggot posers. You're probably Sherwood too.

People who will almost certainly be in the Thunderbolts:
Zemo
Abomination

People they will may add specifically to be in Thunderbolts:
Fixer
Songbird
Taskmaster
Wonderman
Moonstone
People who may be in Thunderbolts:
Punisher, depending upon how his show goes.
Batroc, assuming he doesn't die in another movie.
Klaw, assuming he doesn't die in BP.

People I'd like to be in Thunderbolts, but are dead/unusable.
Whiplash
Yellow Jacket
Lash

That's all I got. For setup I could see Ross going " I'm making my own Avengers with blackjack and hookers" to take down the Leader and his Masters of Evil or possibly even the Mandarin and the 10 Rings, assuming that 4th Iron Man movie doesn't get made.

But it had six.

Is this a poor attempt at rusing?

>For setup I could see Ross going " I'm making my own Avengers with blackjack and hookers"
Oh god please no. Go with the classic setup. I don't want the poor man's Suicide Squad, as it's overused as fuck. I wish I'd stop seeing this bloody idea everywhere.

This is the most likely origin scenario in my opinion. The Avengers are down to 2 1/2 members, Ross and Tony are not on the best of terms and Zemo is kind of stuck. Unless he breaks out or otherwise is released he can't really do any team building.

We already know what the BP movie is going to be.

Someone will try to usurp the throne and or the BP mantle from T'Challa. Using outside help that is more interested in finding Team Cap in Wakanda.

So is the outside help Klaw or is he going to be a third player thrown into the mix?

>This is the most likely origin scenario in my opinion.
Not when Gunn says the Suicide Squad movie makes a Thunderbolts movie much more unlikely. If Marvel wants the T-Bolts to be distinct from DC's villain team, why would they go for the Suicide Squad clone premise?

If anything, we should get the Masters of Evil first. Zemo can meet and recruit people in the Raft, or get broken out by another villain and start gathering others alongside them. There are a million ways to go about this that don't require "a government figure recruits super-powered criminals to act as agents who can get the dirty jobs done!", and many movies between now and whenever a Thunderbolts movie actually happens.

I wasn't aware Gunn said that. I retract my previous statement then.

I want Masters of Evil but Pepper has a habbit of murdering Tony's villains.

I would love to have them sweep the rug and reintroduce Crossbones. Guy survived basically 9/11, guy could probably buff out an explosion.

Fuck that. More likely is MoE pretending to be a superhero team.

South African here. They were speaking Zulu, not Xhosa.

willow-wanderings.tumblr.com/post/144234113062/spoonmeb-eshusplayground-madnessiswaiting

Should Bucky be in the BP movie, or is the black fandom police right?

it's going to bomb, critics are going to hate it, accused of pandering, racial insensitivity because it's basically defending African religious monarchies which are like super fucked up

You're forgetting the fact that they hired Andy Serkis.
What is Andy Serkis best know for? Motion capture, portraying characters that need advanced CGI.
Now, what exactly does Ulysses Klaw transform into in the comics? You see where this is going.

Atlas in Ant-Man and Moonstone in Captain Marvel would work pretty well as secondary villains.

With Tony in Spider-Man and Mach's entire stick with his power armors, he could be introduced there as a disgruntled Stark employee/dude looking to steal shit from Stark/what have you.

Fixer is more of a wild-card but could probably be reasonably worked into the Black Panther movie.

The only one I have no idea about is Songbird.

>speaking Zulu
>not Amazulu
Okay "South African"