New Trailer
>youtu.be/vsdRG0mJj-w

old

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>9 days to go

time to starty my rewatch

>tfw wanna watch the whole series again but I'm a poorfag with windows 10 spying on me so i can't pirate

Same thing here. I think i can finish the book today and maybe rewatch at least one or two episodes today. gonna watch the international pilot this time around.

it's on Amazon Prime in yurop

123movies is a thing
plus w10 does not give two shits about pirating shit

just get rid of the spyware updates

I just wanted to say that Twin Peaks is the best Lovecraftian tv show/movie.

btw, that's not even for piracy, just removing all that bloaded shit makes your computer faster and less bugy

how do i go about that?

do you like to drink coffee while watching twin peaks?

I hate coffee

Lovecraft? Not really, I think you mean Machen by way of Dunsany. Lovecraft did get a lot of inspiration from them, but he was a lot less weird than they, and Twin Peaks, are.

i used this
github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases

google

but I'm not sure actually, I still use windows 7 and you can get rid of them easily (and easily find the list of what you can safely get rid of)

at the very least, you should be able to get rid of them using cmd, even in W10, but as for what updates they are, I have no clue at this point

let me get back to you on that

Ok, I'm not so well-versed in this stuff. I don't really like horror novels and can only really name Lovecraft when talking about cosmic horror and existential dread.
Twin Peaks excels at this kind of storytelling with contrasting between the mundane melodrama, thriller and surreal horror.

First 2 episodes of S2 blow most of S1 out the water desu.

Tea

imo s2e1 is the best in the series

For me it's not even about Twin Peaks - it's entirely about David Lynch. In an age of capeshit and normie supported market research, seeing him at the helm in full control is truly amazing. Can't fucking wait.

Ironically S2E1 is when viewers completely turned on Twin Peaks during the original run. Impatient plebs.

>18h of David Lynch
It's literally almost 50% of his filmography, I'm fucking hyped.

why is twin peaks and david lynch such shit?

>finally get around to watching The Missing Pieces
>the fan scene
Why the fuck didn't David include that in the final edit?

It makes up for all the years he didn't do nothing after Inland Empire and makes his decision to quit filmmaking bittersweet instead of depressing.

Yes, probably not in the way Lovecraft presented it, but still. New England is to Lovecraftian world a bit like Northwestern Pacific is to Twin Peaks.

Maybe we're inbound for lynchaissance?

I know a lot of people like to give shit about fanedits, but the Q2 FWWM edit is fantastic, in my opinion. It places The Missing Pieces back into the film and even though it's long, it's great. I believe the only Missing Pieces scene missing from the edit is Cooper talking to Diane at the FBI headquarters, because there was nowhere it really fit in.

I wouldn't recommend it to a first-timer, but I watch it semi-regularly when I'm in the mood to watch FWWM. It's easy to find a DL link if you look hard enough.

This, the hype is huge. Usually I'd go with low expectations but man, somehow I really think it's gonna be amazing. 18 fucking hours.

HOYYYP

The fact that Lynch got the budget and creative control he wanted, even though he had to threaten to leave in order to get it, gives me hope it will be at least good.

im downloading it as we speak. never watched FWWM with the missing pieces included. only watched em as snippets before

I've had that on an external for like 2 months. Was going to watch it after I finally saw The Missing Pieces. Also got the extended version of Blue Velvet. Weird thing is, I can't find the deleted scenes of Blue Velvet on their own anywhere.

>Lynch will never make another movie

Feeling the same way.

>That new waifu from the trailer

Just because Lynch says something doesn't make it 100% true. Did you forget how many times he said Twin Peaks was dead? And look what's happening now?

>Lynch will die in a short time

>secret history of twin peaks

sheeeiiiiiittt, i completely forgot about the book, i wanted to read it too, time for amazon express delivery

Can someone definitively explain what the ring is/does? From my understanding, it seems like it basically makes you a target of BOB/lodge entities but wearing it keeps you safe from "possession"... I could be completely off-base, though. I just want a clear answer.

got only 100 pages left. definitely finishing it today

read
the
book

Signing up for Audible gives you a free first month + 1 free audiobook. That's how I got the Audiobook with passages read by the cast of the show. I read the book along with it.

I'm sure there are torrents of the Audiobook somewhere, too. Worth it, in my opinion.

I've been saving FWWM for a rainy day, is the edit too confusing if you haven't seen the original or something?

I did. It didn't really clear up the functionality of it all. I liked the backstory and the history of its owners, but I'm still not clear on it.

If anything it's less confusing

No. If you just want the story and don't care about judging the original film on its own merit, it's a great option. It's just long. (3 and a half hours)

>in the helm and full control
Oh sweet normie child. David Lynch is 70. It's Showtime, and the teasers make it look it's going to be your run of the mill edgy show for normies.

Get your head out of your ass. You faggots who think this is going to be anywhere near as revolutionary as Twin Peaks season 1 are absolutely retarded.

Don't watch the edit. It's poorly done and wrecks the pacing and tone. Just watch the movie and missing pieces after like Lynch intended.

prepare to get btfo

>David Lynch is 70

Exactly. We're going to get 18 hours of Crazy Clown Time level shit. It's going to be amazing.

No one said anything about revolutionary. Just David Lynch. He also wouldn't have done this if he didn't have full control. He's not the type to tolerate producer meddling.

What are all the bad parts of Twin Peaks?

james singing. nothing else

James running away.

Just you and I song is perfect.

>It's poorly done and wrecks the pacing and tone
Poorly done how, exactly? The only scenes that fuck with
tone are the sheriff station and Pete/Josie scenes, tbqh.

Watch the edit, it improves the film, and ties it in a bit more to the show if you care about that

Why the fuck is everyone saying this? It's going to be darker than the original series, but Mark Frost is going to be involved as a filter to all the Lynch weirdness. It's a collaboration. It's not even going to be as Lynchian as FWWM.

I think the tone will be perfect. Everyone who wants the original series and everyone who wants maximum Lynch are going to be disappointed.

Ironically the scenes that "fuck with the tone" make it more closely related to the series.

Because the edits are terrible and blatantly apparent that they were done by some fan with no editing experience. A scene will be going and suddenly there will be a smash cut to a different scene and the music abruptly stops and the mood has completely changed.

Twin Peaks is a great show overall, and the faggots who shit on season 2 are normies trying to be special snowflakes. One thing I will never understand about these normies is how can any one of them say they are fans of the show, the first season, and then come out now to shit on it, in anticipation of season 3, for its tone and atmosphere, the humour, and the great characters, in other words all of the things that made the show great in the first place. There are some really try-hard normies in these threads. I wish they would all just fuck off.

Sure you aren't thinking of the first version of the edit?

Because the Showtime boss said it's pure heroin David Lynch. Showtime tried to force some things on him but in the end let him do what he wanted, otherwise he wouldn't have done it at all.

Pretty much all he does these days is paint and meditate, yet he came back to make this, directed and wrote all of it.

The editing is completely fine for the amount of material at hand. Some of the smash cuts/sudden change of tone were intentional, as they aren't done with all the edits. I just opened it up and skipped to a random part, it was the scene with Pete/Josie at the lumber yard, and the music at the end of that scene flows perfectly into the next scene with Laura.

I agree that the pacing is screwed up, but once again, that's just due to the material. The editing is fine, though.

maybe for some people the mystery parts directed by lynch made the show great, not the soap opera parody

what did he mean by this?

Is the Twin Peaks Pilot episode the GOAT Pilot?

get the fuck out. all episodes are good and hating s2 is just a goddamn meme the normies invented

grow up

>liking the James plotline in s2

What do you think of the new trailer lads?

it's shit

>tfw the first and last episodes of TP are the goat episodes

Really makes you think

retard
All episodes directed by Lynch are GOAT

Why would anyone still trust Mark Frost after he made two Fantastic 4 movies?

Kys
Windom Earle arc is laughably bad, not including the Black Lodge ofc. Also the cast during that act had too much power and they fucked it up real good, like Audrey not wanting to be in the contest or Donna not making Cooper-Audrey happen which led to two auful romantic interest characters and arcs shoerhorned, all of that while the pathetic Windom Earle shit is happening.

When shitters like Frost get in the same room directing with someone like Lynch they just submit to the alpha director.

He is a hack, people only pretend to like him because they don't like David Lynch films, also pretending that Lynch wasn't the best part of TP.

I don't like where this might be heading. Le seedy small town underbelly bar with local swinger sluts on drugs.

you sound like such a faggot.

there she is

Mark please, cheer up. Atleast your two Fantastic 4 movies were better than the latest attempt

tehehe good one!

it's ok Mark, you'll get your name in the credits anyway

I think he works best as a counterbalance to Lynch. Nobody wants Twin Peaks to be some Inland Empire/Crazy Clown Time hybrid, and he'll prevent that.

I compare Lynch/Frost's collaboration on Twin Peaks to Roger Waters & David Gilmour respectively. They both did (Peaks-related) things without the other, but it was all lacking in some form. Their styles, contributions and personal visions differ and are also very distinct, but their best work pertaining to the Twin Peaks property was still done together.

> Everyone who disagrees is Mark Frost
Heh, really makes you think

Name anything good that Frost ever made, or that you know for a fact he gave to Twin Peaks.

nothing can make me think

You would have never known who killed Laura, for one.

Frost contributed to a lot of the mythology of Twin Peaks, surprisingly.

I loved the original. I thought Lynch might have some more ideas though. That flashing sleazy bar sign and sluts within filled me with fear that it really is happening again, exactly the same way but with no BOB or dwarf and everyone is old.

What a fucking letdown it will be if it is again about some prom queen with a secret lust for coke and dick.

Hill Street Blues. Lynch himself would call you an idiot for undermining Frost's influence on Twin Peaks. I'm pretty sure the entire Laura Palmer plot point was Frost's idea, inspired by a similar event in his hometown.

>Never getting FWWM or the best episod of TP
I know they say they killed the golden egg chicken, but if the series was going to be cancelled I'm glad they killed it for 25 years.

that only works on 7 and 8.1

Honestly, not resolving Laura's murder in some fashion would have been terrible writing. Like you said, it gave us one of the best episodes of the show and FWWM. Solving the murder wasn't the problem, unless you want to say they did it too early, which is fair.

The problem was Lynch and Frost basically quitting on the show until the very end afterwards.

What is this book that I keep hearing about? Is it important?

It adds to the mythology in a big way and explains some of the season 2 cliffhangers. Nobody has any idea how important the information will be regarding the new series, but if you're a fan, it's definitely worth a read. There's a sequel coming out after the series, as well.

How the fuck do you gather all of that from a short trailer? One of the "sluts" was also Shelly. People like you are infuriating. You'll say you're disappointed by what amounts to a teaser, then go in to the actual series with a built-in bias.

that bar is obviously going to be a key location given the prominence of the sign. it's one eyed jack's again. maybe bobby is the owner and new jacques.

I hope I am wrong, but lynch has done nothing original for almost 20 years. my worrying is justified.