What if-- thread

What if Tobey Maguire was cast as Spider-Man in Civil War? How would the story have been different? What would it mean for the next Spider-Man film? How would this impact the MCU? Would it in any way impact the comics, since they love to integrate things from the MCU into it?

Other urls found in this thread:

spiderman.wikia.com/wiki/Spider-Man_4_(cancelled_film)
marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-96283
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't think they would've made it through a dozen movies without introducing a 30-year-old Spider-Man sometime before Civil War. The entire MCU would've been different with Spidey in it from the start.

>What if Tobey Maguire was cast as Spider-Man in Civil War?
It would have ruined the movie. He's a shit Spiderman.

Holland>>Andrew>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maguire

I still want to find out who thought high relief details would look good on that suit.

I would have loved it. Maybe he retired after Spider-Man 3 and the events of Civil War brings him back.

Garfield was fucking awful. Yeah Holland was good but the real test will come when he has the solo movie. Maguire may have been iffy at times but he captured the classic Peter/Spidey persona pretty well - as did the movies themselves. Holland may end up being the best Spider-Man, but I doubt the movies will even come close to something like Spider-Man 2.

Spider-Man would kick Captain America Ass.

still a massive faggot

>Garfield was fucking awful
Better than fucking Maguire.
>but he captured the classic Peter/Spidey persona pretty well - as did the movies themselves.
You're retarded.

Toby was a good Peter but a terrible spider-man
Garfield was a terrible Peter and a decent spider-man

>Toby was a good Peter but a terrible spider-man
Nice meme both his Peter and Spiderman were terrible.

>Implying this thread was made as a Garfield vs Maguire thread.

>Implying I didn't just want to see what everyone else thinks would happen if this was the case.

>Autism.

He would have been a really awful Spider-Man and person.
As Spider-Man because it would be a fuck you to the whole "From great powers come great responsabilities". Sure, he can have moments when his will waver, but he always make the right choice later. Having him retire for all the years of the MCU doesn't really seem right
As a person because the whole New York is being destroyed by the Skrull invasion and you doesn't do anything? You stay retired? Just fuck you, then

Nobody gives a fuck about your favourite actors, read the OP you plebs.

>Better than fucking McGuire.

Assuming he joined Tony's team, he'd probably be the most experienced superhero there and that would have changed the character dynamics of the airport scene.

Most of them would know who he was and what his abilities are and he would probably get a some admiration from people like Scott instead of doing all the admiring himself.

Fucking cancer.

Anyone who creates/posts image macros should be shot.

He's way too goddamn old. He's biologically older than Cap.

If Maguire was still Spider-Man in time for Civil War:

You'd probably have to imagine that Spider-Man 4 by Raimi would be out in their announced date of 2011 (see spiderman.wikia.com/wiki/Spider-Man_4_(cancelled_film) ) or later, and that would've had Vulture and Felicia Hardy. Let's say that it was about as successful as Spider-Man 3 or less so (to get Sony to make a deal with Marvel and lead into the sequence of events to get Spider-Man in Civil War)

If they were going by the story they had at the time, then it means Mary Jane had married Peter, had a kid and then she decided to leave him by the end of the film. This would give an explanation why Spider-Man doesn't appear in the Avengers movie (which was out in 2012), he could be out of New York trying to find Mary Jane and their kid.

The dynamic would definitely be changed like said. Tony would probably approach him for superheroing advice, and Peter is also the same age as Black Widow (marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-96283 says Raimi Peter was born in 1984)

Another thing is that he probably won't be as talkative as Holland's Spider-Man.

>How would the story have been different?

More whining.
He would be unable to lift the semi Cap dropped on him since Tobey Spidey is severely low on the power level chain, being punched through brick walls and jobbing to his villains.

If Garfield was still Spider-Man in time for Civil War:

There was one person on Sup Forums a while back who claimed that one draft actually had ASM Spider-Man participating as an Avenger in Age of Ultron, but I don't know how real that was. But I remembered they kind of made it plausible sounding at least.

They'd probably emphasize how he had three losses already (Ben, Captain Stacy, Gwen) and probably play into that as the reason for him joining Tony.

YOU'VE STUCK YOUR COCK IN MY ASS FOR THE LAST TIME SPIDERMAN!

Alternatively, he could have stopped being Spider-Man because of his daughter. However she gets killed sometime around Civil War. He blames this on himself and becomes Spider-Man again since he has to use his powers responsibly no matter what. It would basically take the place of unborn child that died in the comics.

>the same age as Black Widow
Which could be a retcon in and of itself, considering one storyline has Black Widow having been experimented on in the Red Room decades ago, essentially slowing her aging to a crawl.

What if an old Tobey Parker recruits a young Miles Morales to conduct a daring heist against a company that he founded bust lost control off to his protege who is now developing radioactive spiders after he learned that Parker used to be Spider-man?

>Miles Morales.

Stop right there criminal scum, pay the court a fine or serve your sentence, Your stolen goods are now forfeit

Spider-Man as the wisened veteran of the Avengers. Doesn't sound right.

Okay, guys. Hard mode:

What if Nicholas Hammond returned as Spider-Man in Civil War?

Fuck that.

For the next Spider-Man movie in the Marvel universe, because we all know Homecoming is just the start, I want them to cover Spider-verse.

Maguire and Garfield are in the movie, playing alternate versions of Peter. Maybe Maguire does Spider-Noir and Garfield does Spider-Punk? Kaine? I don't know. But they can play some Spider.

Add in some other unique Spider-people. Sp//dr, Spider-Ham, Tokatsu Spider-Man, Italian Spider-Man, Spider-Ben, Silk, Spider-Woman, even Spider-Gwen if they want to grab casuals. Have them fight the Inheritors, and win without thousands of Spiders dying.

That one's free, Marvel.

Nah

Maguire as Cosmic Spider-Man and Garfield as Spider-Brit. Plus Miles' reality gets destroyed during a fight between Cosmic Spider-Man and Solus, which causes him to be forced to live in the MCU, just like what's going on with him in ANAD.

I can dig it.

Spider-Verse is dumb and I wish it never happened

>Not getting a massive erection when Leopardeon showed up.

What are you? Gay? You a faggot?

Still waiting on this guy to have a cameo.

>"I've run out of patience. Underoos!"

>70's funk beat intensifies.

>Peter jump cuts in front of Cap

>Moves around him with his hands out five times

>Ends up grabbing Cap's hand and tying it to some railing.

What if Milestone never folded and Dwayne McDuffie never died?

Would we have actual good diverse comics be the norm instead of pandering stuff like femThor and Captain Falcon?

Would we get an hour long Blood Syndicate show on HBO or AMC?

Would Static have kept up momentum and become popular on the level of Batman, Superman and Spider-Man?

Well, he would have been the right age for starters, and we finally would have seen an adult Peter with an established life, not another teen reboot.

>Another thing is that he probably won't be as talkative as Holland's Spider-Man.
Thats literally just the script. He would be a quipster (like he should) if he was written by the MCU people.

>is severely low on the power level chain
>Stops a full speed train
Yeah no. Inb4 he didnt knock Ock, yes that was retarded but it wasnt related to how strong was Peter. Tobey was stronger than both Holland and Garfield

No, fuck that.

Tobey should reprise his role in SM4 which is an adaptation of Reign. All the main players were introduced in the first trilogy. Sandman, JJJ, MJ, Symbiote, Doc Ock. The movie writes itself and they could actually use to their benefit the older actors.

Of course it shouldnt replace the Holland movies. It should be just an elseworld that serves as sequel for the old trilogy.

Nobody gives a fuck about Toby faggot

>Civil War happens
>Accords cause a lot of heroes to go low-profile
>Peter gets bit
>Becomes Spider-Man, has to pick up the slack around New York when most heroes are in hiding
Raimi trilogy happens at this point
>After seeing Spider-Man's near death at the hands of Venom and the Sandman, heroes start coming back out
>We get an older Parker alongside the Avengers

I do.

What I want is a Raimi Spidergirl story

>Its another SM in highschool series
I mean, really? Do we need another teenager SM? When was the last time SM was a teenager in 616? 60 years ago?

Most people that used to read about the teenage adventures of Spider-man are already dead for fuck's sake. Just make a 23-25 years old SM like the Peter we actually know and love. Is it so hard?

He would've been a more subdued Spider-Man. A nerdy kid trying to do the right thing and very few quips overall with a greater focus on his insecurities and whether or not him joining Iron Man was the right call.

It would've been less accurate and fun Spider-Man overall but I don't think the movie itself would've changed much since the films already have Tony and Scott for the quips.